Digital Horse Racing (ZED & NFTs)

Nice Guy Eddie

Nice. What browser did you use? I tried on Safari but it took at least 13 min for any horse to load and when I finally did get to clock on one the buy button didn’t work and it all froze up. Never loaded again after that so I got nada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Nice. What browser did you use? I tried on Safari but it took at least 13 min for any horse to load and when I finally did get to clock on one the buy button didn’t work and it all froze up. Never loaded again after that so I got nada.

Was using couple Chrome windows.  On the one I was refreshing, I had the chrome "Inspect" (Ctrl+Shift+I) open and watching the console tab. They are using WebSockets on the connections and I could see when it failed to connect and would refresh.  Both windows (refreshed and non) would "flash" horses every so often and twice left them there and was able to click on.  Got many "too late" type messages like on a cool down even though hadn't bought... also couldn't click the buy button on main listing and would shift when mouse overed, had to click horse image and from that "detail" page click Buy button as it didn't move.

Seeing they are using sockets on the page it would open the possibility to use a browser that does NOT support sockets as most of those libraries have fallback channels that in this case likely would not be overloaded... I'm guessing that's how some people again were able to get double digit horses in the drop.  The errors were to be expected that too many connections, overloaded servers type responses.

The mistake I think I made was I should have used middle mouse button when clicking horse image to open in new tab so my main tab with all the horse listings didn't update. Likely could have bought multiple there.

Who knows though... just speculating.  I doubt it will matter... they just have to go to a lottery type system or gate system (PS5 drop type) as they obviously don't have the knowledge to pull off the current system they are attempting (not many would, it's a great problem to have).

• Hook 'Em 1

ZED fucking up maybe was a blessing in disguise.  Scored this Z3 filly last night for for ~$7000 under drop cost. https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xa5f1ea7df861952863df2e8d1312f7305dabf215/24282

it pretty much drained my account, such that if had bought even one horse in the drop, the sale would not have gone through.  I had put hundreds of super low bids out there to inactive accounts and this one finally paid off.  It looks like he is cashing out and selling cheap if you want to check it out.  https://opensea.io/chain/matic/0x0982f8e5be6c541845e19fa90588a67734a9753b

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

anyone have a tool/scanner that watches opensea for new listings that show up with given filter?  eg. notify me when a new Z7 filly shows up for sale under X amount

their regular alerts suck and never work.  the only thing that sends an alert for me is when I had a successful bid or when somebody makes a bid on my item.  I have the boxes checked to alert me if i get outbid or the price changes on something i have a bid on, but it has never worked.  The outbidding thing really sucks as you can lose out on a great deal by .001 ETH or something if the seller pulls the trigger in the middle of the night.

if you find something, pass it on

the best way to get a horse under market is to do that shotgun approach of spamming bids on inactive accounts.  enter your criteria on open sea side filters (Z7, filly/mare etc..) then set the main filter to 'oldest' and it will list all the horses that have never been placed for sale.  a majority of these are from inactive owners.  search through, check race history if needed and then place some bids.

- hit rate is extremely low even if you stay on top of it.  like less than 1% low.  the brokers who can watch this shit all day do better at it.  best example I saw is ~20 days ago, someone bought an unraced Z1 or Z2 Nak for 0.87 ETH lol.

lol, seems like a zed competitor launching today at 11am.  Drone Racing https://opensea.io/collection/droneracers

damn, ZED need to open up breeding pronto.  maybe they wait till after they figure out their failed drop, but damn, #WENHORSESEX

- if anyone what to breed their filly with my Z3, let me know 

anyway, there are still finds out there.  I have stopped looking as I am tapped out on ETH for new horses, but this broker scored two incredible deals from an uninformed seller that he put a blind bid on.

https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xa5f1ea7df861952863df2e8d1312f7305dabf215/26041  Z4 for 1 ETH

https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xa5f1ea7df861952863df2e8d1312f7305dabf215/1430  Z3 for 1.5 ETH

Saw a guy on twitter bragging about pulling about a dozen horses in the last drop the other day. This has been a failure of Zed. They're poor design and implementation of drops allows people to cheat the system at the expense of newbies that might want to buy 1 horse directly from Zed. The developers are doing a good job of hurting Zed's long term chances.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Saw a guy on twitter bragging about pulling about a dozen horses in the last drop the other day. This has been a failure of Zed. They're poor design and implementation of drops allows people to cheat the system at the expense of newbies that might want to buy 1 horse directly from Zed. The developers are doing a good job of hurting Zed's long term chances.

agree.  they do own up to it and did the right thing to shut it down, but that and $4.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  They get to get their technical shit together pronto.  Other NFTs initial drops have seen that are random drops, just have 1 buy button on their website. everything was the same price.  ZED could something similar with multiple buttons for each zenotype.  One for Z1, Z2 etc... and each with a corresponding price.  Every other attribute is random (color, sex, etc...).  That way you are not trying to load 1000s of horses individually.  Just Click buy button, sign and done.  you get the horse class you want.

- There were issues with that approach as well when the servers are overloaded.  It would take your transaction, but if the actual minted NFTs were all gone, you would get nothing and be out your purchase price and gas fee.  The time it happened to me, the NFT creators refunded my money+gas fee and also minted a special 'sorry you missed out' NFT for all the people it happened to.  Another NFT drop i saw, some people increased their gas fee to 100s of dollars to try and get their transaction done faster and still lost out.  Some creators have refunded those and some have not.

I am going to hold everything through June.  If they have not fixed the drop and started the breeding, I might sell the bigger assets.  could net ~2 ETH now but who knows in 2 weeks lol.  Breeding is going to be such a game changer.  Giving people new horses to race with an unknown potential.  yeah it could come crashing down pulling a 40+ odds in the griffen, but hey, there's always next month :)

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Here's the breakdown from the recent drop, including the "redo" wave...

One person got 38 horses.... 30 people got 10 or more...  I'm with gyroprotagonist, if they screw this next drop like this one, I'm out. At best its lack of effort/ability at worst its built in corruption.

People      /     Got at least X horses

1603 1
624 2
293 3
153 4
104 5
76 6
55 7
43 8
37 9
30 10
25 11
15 12
9 14
8 15
7 19
6 20
4 28
3 34
1 38
  • Rage+1 1

Wow. Hard to believe they still can’t fix the boys and people that are getting multiple.

New update on the blog about the drop. Look like for those that participated all have a chance to receive a free genesis horse in a giveaway in July:

https://community.zed.run/2021/06/14/special-news-update/

32 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Wow. Hard to believe they still can’t fix the boys and people that are getting multiple.

New update on the blog about the drop. Look like for those that participated all have a chance to receive a free genesis horse in a giveaway in July:

https://community.zed.run/2021/06/14/special-news-update/

Their update of what went wrong is going to get them roasted. Basically admitting they have no idea what they are doing and didn't seek help and then blaming "perfect storm unforseen events" ... Mind you including a configuration error ??

Angry Gorilla @Baboontyme @Da Fino @gsoda3 @henrygandorf @Here for Zed @huge @MonkeyDoughnut @Mr Bean @NOMAAA @PhillyD @SquishMitten @ZB'Tejas

Monday racing

Red Bull: https://zed.run/race/NvYmKk5 (down to Class 5)

Reasonable: https://zed.run/race/Y6gLK63

Drop opinion: Glad they're postponing for at least a month. I think the racing itself is more glitchy these days so hopefully they concentrate on that. And I like the idea that they're creating a lottery for many of the genesis horses with the majority going to stables without a horse.  

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

https://medium.com/zedcoderun/cracking-the-zed-run-code-part-9b-the-secret-to-selecting-the-right-race-mane-event-e9a3fdcd9fa7

interesting article about how a super profitable horse changes racing classes.  seems intuitive (run races you are good at to rise, then do the opposite to fall) but the data supports it.  

- still need the U-shaped profile for this to work. 

26 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

https://medium.com/zedcoderun/cracking-the-zed-run-code-part-9b-the-secret-to-selecting-the-right-race-mane-event-e9a3fdcd9fa7

interesting article about how a super profitable horse changes racing classes.  seems intuitive (run races you are good at to rise, then do the opposite to fall) but the data supports it.  

- still need the U-shaped profile for this to work. 

Yeah, Zed needs to get breeding open and then add in the extra racing factors pronto. It's too easy to "know" if you will do well or not racing. If your horse is good it makes sense to race often, if not good (above 10 odds) it really makes no sense to race right now.

lulz.  auction for those Stella Artois skin horses about to close.  Z1 up to a cool $52K; Z2 $26K

https://opensea.io/assets/0x495f947276749ce646f68ac8c248420045cb7b5e/110238896312374156694779971029466237810910659616547507179685594332097742372865

I don't feel bad for ZED at 'giving up' $1M worth of horses for screwing up the drop when they can sell 10 at auction and take in more that $100K.

Breeding tentatively set to open July 12th, but seems they have been wishy-washy about how firm that is.

37 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

lulz.  auction for those Stella Artois skin horses about to close.  Z1 up to a cool $52K; Z2 $26K

https://opensea.io/assets/0x495f947276749ce646f68ac8c248420045cb7b5e/110238896312374156694779971029466237810910659616547507179685594332097742372865

I don't feel bad for ZED at 'giving up' $1M worth of horses for screwing up the drop when they can sell 10 at auction and take in more that $100K.

Breeding tentatively set to open July 12th, but seems they have been wishy-washy about how firm that is.

Yeah, I mean they pulled in over $18MM alone in the Tera Drop.  Money shouldn't be their problem at this point. Looks like they have ramped up hiring and are above 20 people now.  I think it all hit them at once and they didn't have the technical expertise in critical areas to make things work smoothly. Hopefully they can get breeding up and running soon and really expand this thing come 2022.

i think all the people that were NFT/crypto trading since 2019 or so just have had soooooooo much increase in their BTC/ETH accounts that it's basically funny money to them.

- ETH was $150 per coin start of 2019

- BTC was $3600 per coin start of 2019

if you had just $5k in your ETH wallet back then it would be worth $83K today.  A serious trader probably had a min of $50K in coin back then to churn with. 

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've also looked at my NFT "investments" (NBA Top Shot and Zed) as using crypto gains to look for another win in the future. I'm not into it, but it seems like the people that jumped into the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs have made a killing.

yeah, i took a look at BAYC when the floor was ~ .4 ETH, but just could not wrap my head around the concept of WTF these things were.  Now, they have sold a few of them to NBA players.  That mega NFT whale Pranksy (sp?) has or had ~900 of them.  worth probably $5-10 mil 

I did get in to a knock off one called gutter cats, lol.  bought around .1 and floor is about .3 or so right now.   but all my NFT eggs are pretty much in ZED right now.  

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've also looked at my NFT "investments" (NBA Top Shot and Zed) as using crypto gains to look for another win in the future. I'm not into it, but it seems like the people that jumped into the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs have made a killing.

Damn, I looked at those early on but just could not see putting serious money into buying them so have largely ignored. Didn't realize the rise it's had.  For me, I've had some massive rises from Veve collectibles. Some low minted horse called Donny originally sold for  $30ish now has a floor of 25K! Unfortunately, that's not one I bought. 

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

@Baboontyme @Da Fino @gsoda3 @henrygandorf @Here for Zed @huge @MonkeyDoughnut @Mr Bean @NOMAAA @PhillyD @SquishMitten @ZB'Tejas

@Angry Gorilla

I will get some races going soon but I think Zed is down for maintenance.

Anyone know anything about this? I've received a maintenance notification for a couple of days now. I figure they're putting in some much needed improvements, or they just packed up and ran off with their money.