2021 Texas HS football

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

BWAHAHAHA, just perfect...that lunatic wants to hire Art Briles.

shitty people congregate.

Holy furk.  I've never really hated a high school football program, but running off Fuller was a bad, bad deal.  Add in hiring Satan and just fuck them all to hell.

46 minutes ago, slorch said:

shitty people congregate.

Holy furk.  I've never really hated a high school football program, but running off Fuller was a bad, bad deal.  Add in hiring Satan and just fuck them all to hell.

It's hard because I have friends from Decatur who love their school and are completely demoralized.

6 minutes ago, cafe society said:

It's hard because I have friends from Decatur who love their school and are completely demoralized.

They need to get control of their fucking school board and quit letting petty bullshit rule their decisions.  

13 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

How much are these forceouts costing their constituents?

never did see a number on Fuller, other than that there was a settlement.

Also never have seen a public statement of cause...

Purely coincidental, I am sure.

Coburn went to Decatur from Lewisville ISD, where he was the Asst. Superintendent over Athletics (all of fine arts actually).  I have a lot of coaching friends in LISD and they all hated that guy...said he was not a fan of athletics and actively championed against anything athletically related in that district.  They were all very happy to see him go.

Top games this week:

Heath-Rockwall

Steele-Wagner

Dickinson @ Clear Falls

El Campo @ Boerne Champion  

Nederland @ PNG

La Vega @ CC Miller

Gilmer @ Carthage

Jim Ned @ Snyder

Melissa @ Paris

Alamo Heights @ Wimberley

Yoakum @ Navasota

New Deal @ Idalou

Spearman @ Childress

Also, what the fuck is this?   https://www.nikedallasfc.net/home  They're playing Celina this week.

• Hook 'Em 3

Harlingen making the trip into hostile Brownsville not worthy of your list? Wow.

You’re missing SA Johnson vs SA Brandeis, top 10 in the city city matchup. Inesta-Rodriguez for Brandeis is one of the best corners SA has seen in a while, he’s started all 4 years on varsity. If he wasn’t literally 5’6 he’d have tons of offers. Great kick returner too. Their soph QB JC Evans will blow up into a big time recruit for sure, already gaining interest. Also watchout for the freshman QB/WR Hawkins for Johnson. He’ll make a big name for himself in either football or baseball soon. They also have a soph RB Andres Benavidez that’s supposed to be legit.

$9.95 plz

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I am.  Have you seen how non-existent mysa.com's HS sports coverage has become?

I don’t really go on there anymore except to read season previews, David Hinojosa is the last man standing over there I believe. There’s no one else. He was good but I think he mostly mails it in now. KSATBGC on Twitter is way better for actual game updates.

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Also, what the fuck is this?   https://www.nikedallasfc.net/home  They're playing Celina this week.

Quite the bouillabaise of follow the money:  deep pockets sponsor, IMG type academy, tax-free parochial/home-school status.

Edited by cafe society
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Damn,  didn't Hays make it to the 5A state title game last year?

Has Akins ever even won a playoff game, or any game of note in it's short history?

I think Akins is one the biggest high schools in AISD, though.   Maybe they can join Bowie and LBJ as Austin high schools that are at least aren't terrible.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, Helobious said:

Harlingen making the trip into hostile Brownsville not worthy of your list? Wow.

You’re missing SA Johnson vs SA Brandeis, top 10 in the city city matchup. Inesta-Rodriguez for Brandeis is one of the best corners SA has seen in a while, he’s started all 4 years on varsity. If he wasn’t literally 5’6 he’d have tons of offers. Great kick returner too. Their soph QB JC Evans will blow up into a big time recruit for sure, already gaining interest. Also watchout for the freshman QB/WR Hawkins for Johnson. He’ll make a big name for himself in either football or baseball soon. They also have a soph RB Andres Benavidez that’s supposed to be legit.

$9.95 plz

JC Evans visiting Texas tomorrow for Tech game.

Garland beat Naaman Forest something like 59-28.  Yeah, I know, who cares?  Reason I'm posting is because, if my math is correct, Garland made only 1 extra point the entire night.  Naaman blocked the rest and returned one for a 2-point conversion.  How are you going to score 9 TDs and go 1 for and 2 against for the game on XPs?

Note: I'm estimating on the score.  I know the math doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure Garland only made 1 XP, and I know NFHS returned one for 2.

Edit: 56-29.  So, maybe 2 XPs and 1 returned for 2.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

Johnson beats Brandeis 28-22

Alamo Heights wins a shootout over the fightin Beau Vines 7-0

Clemens (who was 1-3 and lost to San Benito 2 weeks ago) beats Judson 17-14. Rockets fall to 1-4 and they still have to play SV, Steele, and Wagner. Their 30 whatever year streak of winning seasons is beyond fucked. Unbelievable fall from space for them. 

Bonus: Rockwall and Rockwall-Heath are currently tied 71-71 going to double OT. Basketball on turf. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Top games this week:

Heath-Rockwall

79-71 Orange

Steele-Wagner

Steele 28-21

Dickinson @ Clear Falls

Gators 28-7, impressive win.

El Campo @ Boerne Champion  

El Campo 55-10, Rueben Owens had 229 and 4 TDs at half

Nederland @ PNG

Bulldogs win Mid-County Madness, or whatever they call it, 38-28

La Vega @ CC Miller

Tomorrow afternoon

Gilmer @ Carthage

Carthage 28-7, hey, that's 35 points closer than the state championship game. so good job, Bucks.

Jim Ned @ Snyder

22-15 Injuns

Melissa @ Paris

Melissa 47-10, I'm giving up on Paris now.

Alamo Heights @ Wimberley

AH in an actually really good 7-0 game.

Yoakum @ Navasota

Yoakum 28-20.

New Deal @ Idalou

Idalou 28-14

Spearman @ Childress

Childress 42-16

And Harlingen beat Brownsville whatever by about 30.

• Hook 'Em 1

That Heath v. Rockwall game (Battle of I-30) was insane. Back and forth all night. I thought Rockwall was out of it in the 4th being down by 21 pts. They came back and it went into 2 OTs.
Heath came up with an interception (first turnover of the night by either team) as Rockwall was getting close to scoring to try and tie it up.
2 very solid QBs that are going division 1 college.
79 to 71 is like a basketball score, not football.

47 minutes ago, bluto said:

Combined 39 completions for 800 pass yds. Rockwall bavk with 55 carries… if I’m his parent I’m prob having a chat with billy badass hs coach.

Jesus, that kid is listed at 5’6 160. 55 carries for 265 yards, that’s tough sledding. I don’t think anyone should get in trouble but if I was a parent I’d for sure be upset. 

I still remember Mishak Rivas having like 430 yards on 20 carries one game. He was ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Jesus, that kid is listed at 5’6 160. 55 carries for 265 yards, that’s tough sledding. I don’t think anyone should get in trouble but if I was a parent I’d for sure be upset. 

I still remember Mishak Rivas having like 430 yards on 20 carries one game. He was ridiculous.

Pretty sure that game was against San Benito (coached by Mario Pena at the time) and who boasted 1 or 2 first team all state defenders that year. My favorite stat from that game? He actually finished the first quarter with -5 rushing yards. San Benito came out strong and played us tough before we were able to break the game open

• Hook 'Em 1

Some Austin area scores of note I haven't seen mentioned.

Cedar Park 49, Georgetown 45

Bowie 59, Austin High 0

Anderson 38, Pflugerville 27

Dripping Springs 63, SA McCollum 21

Johnson 52, Lehman 19

LBJ 41, SA Cornerstone 26

Manor 31, Leander 29

Weiss 38, Hendrickson 21

Full listing here - https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/09/24/central-texas-high-school-football-scores-week-5-who-won-lost/5825774001/

• Hook 'Em 1

I officiated a game last night with a team South of SA hosting a SA team full of kids from a school full of military dependents. Both teams played their best and was full of great efforts by both teams.

The final score didn’t represent the sportsmanship displayed throughout the game. In other words, both team’s kids were great and made officiating the game a breeze. Very few fouls called last night, which was actually our fewest fouled called game of this season! Only roughly ten fouls called and it was 50-50.

Best of luck to both teams going forward. Well disciplined teams on both sides!

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I officiated a game last night with a team South of SA hosting a SA team full of kids from a school full of military dependents. Both teams played their best and was full of great efforts by both teams.

The final score didn’t represent the sportsmanship displayed throughout the game. In other words, both team’s kids were great and made officiating the game a breeze. Very few fouls called last night, which was actually our fewest fouled called game of this season! Only roughly ten fouls called and it was 50-50.

Thanks for doing that. I appreciate what you do. 

• Like 1

I don't know if @Helobious or any other RGV peeps has ever posted this.  Here's a clip of one of the longest scoreboard shows in the State based in the RGV.   I was curious to see if the show was still on from back in my day (1980's) when growing up down there.  And sure enough it is!     We Gringos used to listen to it to as it was funny as heck.    Better than the scores being read on KTex or KBFM ...LMAO!  Say what you want to say about the quality of football down there.   But you can beat the passion and certainly some of the  food at the concession stands.

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I don't know if @Helobious or any other RGV peeps has ever posted this.  Here's a clip of one of the longest scoreboard shows in the State based in the RGV.   I was curious to see if the show was still on from back in my day (1980's) when growing up down there.  And sure enough it is!     We Gringos used to listen to it to as it was funny as heck.    Better than the scores being read on KTex or KBFM ...LMAO!  Say what you want to say about the quality of football down there.   But you can beat the passion and certainly some of the  food at the concession stands.

That’s pretty badass. Somehow I’d never even heard of this until right now. 

That’s pretty badass. Somehow I’d never even heard of this until right now. 

It’s an institution down there. Used to be on KGBT radio on the AM dial which gave it that echo effect one would hear from the radio stations located across the River. Me Nifu Nifa is from Edcouch Elsa and at least back in my day, their fans talked a lot trash.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

It’s an institution down there. Used to be on KGBT radio on the AM dial which gave it that echo effect one would hear from the radio stations located across the River. Me Nifu Nifa is from Edcouch Elsa and at least back in my day, their fans talked a lot trash.

My parents would always put this on the radio on our way back from Weslaco games when I was a kid. I used to and still love hearing other RGV scores and laugh at the Nifu nifa!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Edcouch definitely had and still has a passionate fan base. Some really great teams in the 90s too from what I heard, they’d always play Calallen pretty close. La Maquina Amarilla.

Yep.  Edcouch gave us some good games back then.  Not some much when we’ve played more recently. 

If you did the SA Vets / Harlandale game, I know some mommas that would like to have a word with you……

We had five touchdowns called back.