2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

22 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Always love reading these posts, and can't wait until next season to start reading them again. +Rep

Baseball is my favorite sport, but this is my favorite forum.  Thanks to all of you partisans from all over our huge and great state for contributing to it and my enjoyment and knowledge.  I grew up in the Metroplex (a looong time ago, received my bachelors from the 40 in 1982) and knew little of RGV sports or West Texas and just a smattering of East Texas (Longview would kick my high school's ass on the reg).   On DFW, Houston and Austin I was knowledgeable, but even San Antonio was a bit of a mystery as far as football went.  You all do yeoman's work here and I am very grateful. 

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

@Helobious, did you see those two great system TD passes from Cade Klubnik in the 1st quarter of the All-American Bowl? Pretty good system throws, for sure. 

Forgot that was going on. I’ll eat crow if and only if he wins at least some all-conference (athletic) honors at Clemson. That’s a reasonable bar. Wont know for a year or two though because he’ll have to sit behind that DJ Uigalmaktltxjlfbb guy. 

In all seriousness I do hope he does well, Texas guys playing good at the next level makes the state look good. It would just be nice if they did it for the horns more often. 

51 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Forgot that was going on. I’ll eat crow if and only if he wins at least some all-conference (athletic) honors at Clemson. That’s a reasonable bar. Wont know for a year or two though because he’ll have to sit behind that DJ Uigalmaktltxjlfbb guy. 

In all seriousness I do hope he does well, Texas guys playing good at the next level makes the state look good. It would just be nice if they did it for the horns more often. 

All fair points and I just enjoy messing with you. He’s up to three TD passes now and has easily been the best QB in the game. 

Agree that HS success is no measure of success at the next level. We have seen many a “can’t miss” player flame out. 

Texas picked up some star defensive back at the game. Hope he turns out good!

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

You mean you'll work in a serving of crow over your idiotic Klubnik take amongst your other trips to the Crow Buffet for your other stupid opinions 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You mean you'll work in a serving of crow over your idiotic Klubnik take amongst your other trips to the Crow Buffet for your other stupid opinions 

I am part of the Crow Buffet rewards program, with enough redeemable points for a free dinner by now. Just never forget who predicted the Braves in 6 games. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve had 1000+ beers with Tony back in the day when he had a couple rings from playing then coaching at UMHB. He was always a good dude. I’m impressed as I haven’t kept up with him. Looks like the coaching gig is working well for him.

I still see a lot of his old high school buddies. A couple of them were roommates when I went to UT.

Edited by DaggerHorns
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trinity Trojans hire Steve Lineweaver's son, Aaron Lineweaver, as the new head coach. Seems like a pretty bizarre choice other than the fact he's related to a legend. He apparently had only been a defensive ends coach at Southlake so really no resume to speak of. Guess they're going to try to copy Southlake and get the son of a legendary head coach. 

• 2 weeks later...