2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

Anyone here live in Decatur? School board is after Mike Fuller despite unanimous renewal in March...sounds very political. Like too little playing time for untalented kid with connections type stuff...pure speculation on my part

Decatur is a cesspool. They ran off their state championship winning volleyball coach a couple years ago because he wasn’t playing a board members kid.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Anyone here live in Decatur? School board is after Mike Fuller despite unanimous renewal in March...sounds very political. Like too little playing time for untalented kid with connections type stuff...pure speculation on my part

@RPM ?

Edited by cafe society

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

School board has had an agenda to get him out for a few years and the latest school board election got the president’s the votes he needed to do it.  Has basically told the superintendent he has the votes to fire him too if he doesn’t play along.  Board deliberated for 7 hours after listening to 10-15 pro Fuller talkers talk and a statement signed by every coach in the district and still wanted him gone.   Few little things started this up but the final straw was that school board presidents kid got told he wasn’t gonna start at QB. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

School board has had an agenda to get him out for a few years and the latest school board election got the president’s the votes he needed to do it.  Has basically told the superintendent he has the votes to fire him too if he doesn’t play along.  Board deliberated for 7 hours after listening to 10-15 pro Fuller talkers talk and a statement signed by every coach in the district and still wanted him gone.   Few little things started this up but the final straw was that school board presidents kid got told he wasn’t gonna start at QB. 

That sucks. Everyone in the world supports him, and one douchebag takes him out?

9 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I figured as much. What excellent stewards of the taxpayers money they are. And late June is not exactly the optimal time to try to replace an AD/Head Football coach. Unless someone on the board has a puppet they're going to bring in, they will probably have to promote someone at least an interim guy who just said Fuller should stay and also probably knows the kid can't play

Edited by Dennis Taylor

23 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Screenshot_20210618-190802_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210618-190751_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210618-191341_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Dennis Taylor

Their FB page is an interesting read,  Friends of Houchin all declaring the kids are angelic ( they may be) and Houchin didn’t even put it on the agenda( of course he didn’t. )

It’s weird though…not one other viable reason for Fuller’s resignation is percolating up anywhere.

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Buddy of mine has a kid on the team. I remember him bitching about the coach and playing time/touches during the playoffs last year. He isnt the school board president though lol

Edited by cmontexas

15 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

And late June is not exactly the optimal time to try to replace an AD/Head Football coach. Unless someone on the board has a puppet they're going to bring in, they will probably have to promote someone at least an interim guy who just said Fuller should stay and also probably knows the kid can't play

Wade Aikman to HFC.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:50 PM, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Update: He gone (with a fat check and more to come). The board violated Open Meeting rules.

http://www.liberallylean.com/2021/06/random-monday-morning-thoughts_01883336909.html

HeartfeltIgnorantIcelandgull-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This was on Decatur ISD's facebook page, appears might be related to suspension of a VB player:

2021-06-21_14-02-32.png.4b83e8e682bfd3847f84c1161e200955.png

So this happened a few years ago.  Some incident with the VB team on the road and the HC at the time didn’t do anything about it so it got to Fuller.  He suspended a few of the girls, one of which has a dad on the board (and I doubt will re-run next election since his agenda is complete).  It’s a giant shitshow now. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

So this happened a few years ago.  Some incident with the VB team on the road and the HC at the time didn’t do anything about it so it got to Fuller.  He suspended a few of the girls, one of which has a dad on the board (and I doubt will re-run next election since his agenda is complete).  It’s a giant shitshow now. 

Reminds me kind of the Rockdale situation with Jeff Miller who is now at Cy-Fair. Miller won Rockdale it’s first(second overall) state title since 1976. Few years later a rogue school board member who is very influential in the community told him his contract wasn’t going to be renewed. That happened due to an incident a year or two prior involving punishment or lack of play time for the school board members child. 

10 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

The days of coaches issuing punishment to their athletes for their negative behavior in an academic class have all but disappeared. Not saying it's a bad thing.

What?

That was one of the most positive things about high school sports- accountability in the classroom, as well as the arena. Coaches pushing their athletes with regard to grades is a fantastic thing. Coaches expecting their players to behave like ladies and gentlemen is a great thing.

Maybe I am misreading your post, but you favor a bunch of Dexter Manleys running around? 

Edited by slorch

10 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

The days of coaches issuing punishment to their athletes for their negative behavior in an academic class have all but disappeared. Not saying it's a bad thing.

I was in high school less than a decade ago. If an athlete was disrupting class, the teacher threatening “I’ll tell your coach” was usually enough to get them back in line. Many a football player could be found doing bearcrawls after school for being an idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

We had to do weekly conduct reports for each class in the 80s. We used to get one lick for a Needs Improvement and two for Unsatisfactory. There were always a couple of idiots that had Us in every class and were nearly beat to death on a weekly basis.

Late '70s here.  I don't know what the girls teams were like, but for football, basketball, baseball and track, we got out asses whipped with paddles with airholes drilled in them.  A's and B's, you were good.  C's you got whipped.  D's you got whipped and ran.  F's and you were gone.  Citizenship grades, E for excellent you were good.  S for satisfactory, you got paddled.  N for needs improvement you got paddled and ran.  U's and you were gone.  The vast majority of us turned out fine.  

I lived those days also and we took our punishment and hopefully learned from it. Word of it probably didn't make it home, we didn't want it to go there. 

Now a parent will demand to know why they were not informed about their baby's misdeeds(each and all) in English class, why non-athletes did not receive the exact same punishment and does the school district policy support this. Now the principal, AD and Super are listening.

Edited by Nolacycling

50 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

I lived those days also and we took our punishment and hopefully learned from it. Word of it probably didn't make it home, we didn't want it to go there. 

Now a parent will demand to know why they were not informed about their baby's misdeeds(each and all) in English class, why non-athletes did not receive the exact same punishment and does the school district policy support this. Now the principal, AD and Super are listening.

When I got whipped at school, there was more waiting for me at home, lol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Dave Campbell's preseason rankings are out. Chaps on top. Without a proven running game and lots of good players graduating, I'm not sure we belong there. I predict we end up D2, which is alright with me. MaxPreps has us listed #4 in nation. Again, I don't think that's realistic. 

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2021/06/27/breaking-official-2021-txhsfb-preseason-rankings-6a?ref=article_preview_img&fbclid=IwAR2UFjH2tn9L0QVECpwi7IfGcSjmaE5fiTI1E4MO_wO7_-x-g8CLOdd4eyA

20 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Rumor is that resigned Arkansas T&F HC Mario Sategna is moving to Austin and his son Isaiah will be playing for Westlake.

https://247sports.com/player/isaiah-sategna-46100431/

I hope it's true. But we really need help in the backfield, so I hope a super-talented RB and his family "coincidentally" decide to transfer into the district. 

18 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lol at Westlake sandbagging. They’ve got a cakewalk to 16-0 no matter what division. NS & Duncanville lost everyone. SLC lost a lot. Katy lost a lot.  There’s no other powerhouses in 6A this year.

Right,  Westlake will roll no matter where they are in the playoffs.  

But,  SLC did not lose a lot and should make a very deep run in the playoffs.  

On 6/24/2021 at 7:23 PM, Helobious said:

Lol at Westlake sandbagging. They’ve got a cakewalk to 16-0 no matter what division. NS & Duncanville lost everyone. SLC lost a lot. Katy lost a lot.  There’s no other powerhouses in 6A this year.

Aside from a pre-season game w Euless Trinity, we have to play LT in late October. Westlake brings out the best in them, and it is always a hard game. They have experienced a huge gain of students and lots of former athletes have made LT their home. This could be another really big year for LT, as they return lots of players. Still, I am guessing we end in the D2 playoff bracket, which is just fine w me, as we get to avoid Allen, SLC, Northshore, LT., etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1