2021 Texas HS football

11 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Aside from a pre-season game w Euless Trinity, we have to play LT in late October. Westlake brings out the best in them, and it is always a hard game. They have experienced a huge gain of students and lots of former athletes have made LT their home. This could be another really big year for LT, as they return lots of players. Still, I am guessing we end in the D2 playoff bracket, which is just fine w me, as we get to avoid Allen, SLC, Northshore, LT., etc. 

what happened in the 7s game this weekend? i was expecting westlake to give LT its toughest game. and i was surprised we lost to hebron in the finals. but the westlake game wasnt close. were yall missing some players that round or for the weekend?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

what happened in the 7s game this weekend? i was expecting westlake to give LT its toughest game. and i was surprised we lost to hebron in the finals. but the westlake game wasnt close. were yall missing some players that round or for the weekend?

I honestly don't anything about the game except that we lost to you. Glad to hear you made it to the finals.You guys are gonna be salty this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I honestly don't anything about the game except that we lost to you. Glad to hear you made it to the finals.You guys are gonna be salty this year. 

eh, i think last year's team was better than this year's team will be. but we didnt handle covid well and losing 2 QBs throughout the season did not help come playoff time. Lots of big people coming up in the Frosh and Soph classes.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/21/2021 at 12:38 PM, RPM said:

Update: He gone (with a fat check and more to come). The board violated Open Meeting rules.

http://www.liberallylean.com/2021/06/random-monday-morning-thoughts_01883336909.html

HeartfeltIgnorantIcelandgull-max-1mb.gif

Update:  Board had another 5 hour meeting Tuesday and are having another special meeting Sunday to fire the Superintendent.  Will be Decatur’s 4th new Superintendent in the last 6 years when they hire a new one (interim coming in I’d guess.)

5 coaches (not counting Fuller) from the 2020-21 coaching staff are gone. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Update:  Board had another 5 hour meeting Tuesday and are having another special meeting Sunday to fire the Superintendent.  Will be Decatur’s 4th new Superintendent in the last 6 years when they hire a new one (interim coming in I’d guess.)

So wasteful 

2 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

parents gonna have their way.

4 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

This one is a little more parental sway, but still very very board driven. 

We have secret recordings!!!

E5pzH4SXMAUNsoc.jpg

Sunday's meeting will be available on Zoom here. (Meeting ID: 863 1852 0666 to enter manually.)

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

This one is a little more parental sway, but still very very board driven. 

The Board president is a current football and former(?) volleyball parent.

There has still been no public record of the wrongdoing/ illicit behavior  by Mike Fuller.  One would think with such swift and sudden action by the board, misconduct of certain gravity would have been known, right?

Edited by slorch

5 hours ago, slorch said:

The Board president is a current football and former(?) volleyball parent.

There has still been no public record of the wrongdoing/ illicit behavior  by Mike Fuller.  One would think with such swift and sudden action by the board, misconduct of certain gravity would have been known, right?

Pres is a football parent.  One of the other board members is a VB parent of a girl that graduated 2-3 years ago I think. 

Still haven’t been given a reason on Fuller.  Speculation all over the place but no reason from the board. 

Pres is a football parent.  One of the other board members is a VB parent of a girl that graduated 2-3 years ago I think. 
Still haven’t been given a reason on Fuller.  Speculation all over the place but no reason from the board. 

I can tell you. Fuller is gone because of the same exact shit that Oberle was run off for. It’s embarrassing and in the end is only hurting the kids. Sad.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Board members kids not being very talented?

actually the young man had  122 tackles at LB last season, according to DCTF.

But we must play QB, right?

Edited by slorch

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

treatyoak with his sunshiney take in 3....2....

No sunshine today. It's going to be really difficult to replace him, as he is the best coach that we have been blessed to have been associated with in my family's life. At least I won't have that Twilight Zone feeling I get while watching the Horns flounder around on a Saturday after watching the Chaps on a Friday.     

IMG-7039.jpg 

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 12:58 PM, TreatyOak said:

Well, with the loss of two former players, it's been a sad year for Westlake football. On a happier note, my wife was presented with a state championship ring by the Chaps Club for her contributions to our district's sports programs. 

IMG-7040-2.jpg

IMG-7039.jpg

IMG-7036-2-B.jpg

Man, those 2 losses hurt bad. Wayyy to young. But wanna humble brag? Cute ring you did jack fuck for. I know mine is a runner up ring but if we had Dodge, we would’ve state that year. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Man, those 2 losses hurt bad. Wayyy to young. But wanna humble brag? Cute ring you did jack fuck for. I know mine is a runner up ring but if we had Dodge, we would’ve state that year. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Congrats on your ring-that is cool. And haha, you are absolutely correct that I did not earn that ring, but I do contribute my time to help. However, my wife sure did, as she is an integral part of the Westlake sports program, which is why she awarded that ring. Being someone who experienced high school sports success, you know how much community effort it takes.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Congrats on your ring-that is cool. And haha, you are absolutely correct that I did not earn that ring, but I do contribute my time to help. However, my wife sure did, as she is an integral part of the Westlake sports program, which is why she awarded that ring. Being someone who experienced high school sports success, you know how much community effort it takes.

Man we were so close to winning that game. This fucker didn’t catch it. Still pisses me off 

• Hook 'Em 2

Dodge may be the greatest HS football coach of all time. I played against Carroll the first year he was there, it was unreal how crisp they ran the spread and zone read even at the lower levels. By year 3 they were winning 47 of 48 or something like that

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

Man we were so close to winning that game. This fucker didn’t catch it. Still pisses me off 

That game was a heartbreaker, for sure. It gives me the same feeling of frustration that the Texas 2009 National Championship and the 2015 game vs North Shore (where we had a short field goal blocked at the buzzer and lost in OT) gives me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Dodge may be the greatest HS football coach of all time. I played against Carroll the first year he was there, it was unreal how crisp they ran the spread and zone read even at the lower levels. By year 3 they were winning 47 of 48 or something like that

think they went 74 of 75 in five years. 

7 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

That game was a heartbreaker, for sure. It gives me the same feeling of frustration that the Texas 2009 National Championship and the 2015 game vs North Shore (where we had a short field goal blocked at the buzzer and lost in OT) gives me. 

Yep. Allmam admitted when we’re watching film of the game that’d he seriously regrets not going for 2 at the end there. Give it to Bryce Hager and he scores. Do or die right then. We weren’t stopping trinity’s offense in OT

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Aledo of the Hill Country. 

Y’all are still in that district with the weird schools right? Exception being SA YMLA, they seem to be actually trying to build something there. The other schools shouldn’t have football teams. 

Austin Eastside just announced that they're not fielding a varsity this season.  YMLA played, what, one game last season?  Looks like another playoff season for the always-tough Austin Achieve Polar Bears.

Edited by Beau Vine

Austin Eastside just announced that they're not fielding a varsity this season.  YMLA played, what, one game last season?  Looks like another playoff season for the always-tough Austin Achieve Polar Bears.

With a quick Google it seems they made this decision in March.

If any of you are in the DFW area on September 24 I would recommend trying to go to the Rockwall vs Rockwall-Heath game. The atmosphere is insane and is always a good game. Gonna be a pretty good one this year with Josh Hoover being the qb for Heath and Braeden Lock being the qb for Rockwall. This game never disappoints. 

My home is being built in Lago Mar in Texas City. Today after checking out the house progress, we decided to head to check out the schools my girls will be going to.  We drove to Dickinson HS after seeing the elementary and middle schools.  Gotta say, I was very impressed seeing the gators stadium.. Nothing like I seen in the Richmond, VA area the past 20 years.

I will attend a game this season to experience it..  Feels like it will be better than my experiences growing up in Austin and playing high school games at House Park and Tony Burger stadium.

Copied this off the 6Atexasfootball board. Some fantastic matchups the first month of the season. DFW centric list

Aug 26 Southlake Carroll- Highland Park at ATT
Aug 27 #1 Mater Dei Calif at Duncanville
Aug 28 Denton Ryan-Longview at The Star Frisco
Sept 2 Aledo-Frisco Lone Star at Toyota Stadium
Sept 3 Trinity at Austin Westlake
Sept 10 Cedar Hill at Allen
Sept 17 Arlington Martin at Southlake Carroll
Sept 17 Duncanville at DeSoto
Sept 24 Rockwall-Rockwall Heath

• Hook 'Em 1

Still love following it, town/school pride runs deep down there. Most of those kids know they’re not playing beyond HS, and a lot of them don’t have the best home lives. They still go and play their guts out for a few hours to forget it all every week. Nice change of pace from the now almost semi-pro nature of high school sports in talent rich places. 

• Hook 'Em 4