I live in CA but I didn't realize how bad it's gotten

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

God she’s a joke. Just another celebrity wanting more power - except Arnold was actually active in politics. 

and he was smart.  I rarely agreed with him, but he wasn't stupid.

This motherfucker.  This is a kardashian, nothing more. 

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

There's always John Cox, and his bear that licks his own balls during press conferences. 

My neighbors are raging on FB about the mistreatment of that bear.  

California Republicans are cringe. 

Caitlin is on brand for how oblivious they are to reality. (complaining about her airplane hanger guy moving to AZ because he might see a poor person).  She's toast (if she ever had a chance, which I doubt).

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Caitlin is on brand for how oblivious they are to reality. (complaining about her airplane hanger guy moving to AZ because he might see a poor person).  She's toast (if she ever had a chance, which I doubt).

Buckle Up Caitlyn Jenner GIF by South Park

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

Damn Cali, get it together, keep your citizens from going to Texas…please!. . . wait is this thread a serious one considering ms. Jenner? I thought she’d be last behind serious candidates, my bad I haven’t paid attention 

Edited by achooloco

Guest Lobo

So this is what you get when you pulled a hate-fueled phallic aircraft out of a love-filled hangar opening?  And then burn it all?  

I managed to watch the whole thing and couldn't believe all the elitist hanger and rural Malibu imagery. She was also waaay too flippant.

Her "rural" Malibu mansion was saved from the wildfires because her illegal immigrant gardeners kept her sprawling garden in order?

I predict she pulls out before actual election.

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

There's always John Cox, and his bear that licks his own balls during press conferences. 

Write in the bear.  That's a talent Californians need in Sacramento.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, woohorn said:

I managed to watch the whole thing and couldn't believe all the elitist hanger and rural Malibu imagery. She was also waaay too flippant.

Her "rural" Malibu mansion was saved from the wildfires because her illegal immigrant gardeners kept her sprawling garden in order?

I predict she pulls out before actual election.

With COVID at the lowest levels in the nation in California, it’s almost pointless to even have jumped in. Recall support at 40% and falling fast. 

It took them ages to get 2 million signatures or so.  He got 7 million votes in 2018. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

With COVID at the lowest levels in the nation in California, it’s almost pointless to even have jumped in. Recall support at 40% and falling fast. 

It took them ages to get 2 million signatures or so.  He got 7 million votes in 2018. 

Just another circus event.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Just another circus event.

It’s also just taxpayer money. Fiscal conservatives don’t care. They can’t win when it matters, so they’ll waste money to try to do it in an off year and pray on low turnout. 

No one falls for this BS anymore. 

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That's a huge bonus for Republicans.

Most of them could only dream.  I'm waiting for the revising of history of Jenner's murder. 

Caitlyn Jenner killed a BLM protester blocking the street that was threatening to shoot a pregnant white woman in the stomach while burning the American flag and ranting about critical race theory.  She's a hero! 

Edited by Js1

10 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

You can say that again. My wife's uncle lives in Bakersfield or something. He's a failed everything in life -- "graduated" from law school, couldn't pass the bar; owned an insurance agency and that tanked, had a car dealership (or something) and that tanked; his wife (father-in-law's sister) drank herself to death. Just a shit show. He shares some horrific shit on social media and considers himself a "thinker." My wife blocked him.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Most of them could only dream.  I'm waiting for the revising of history of Jenner's murder. 

Caitlyn Jenner killed a BLM protester blocking the street that was threatening to shoot a pregnant white woman in the stomach while burning the American flag and ranting about critical race theory.  She's a hero! 

Jenner running as a Republican makes no sense to me at all. Maybe I just don't understand CA Republicans, but I would think what you describe above (a rationalization of something heinous to protect someone you like or respect) would not be afforded to Jenner by most republicans. But maybe not living in California I am out of the loop and they actually will support this.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Ok, that’s a good troll post. The DT children need to learn from it.

Deconstruct why you think this (if this is in reference to me). I guess there is a chance I'm "trolling" unintentionally, would like to know what to avoid so in the future I don't make you feel this way.

Just now, DonkeyCigars said:

Jenner running as a Republican makes no sense to me at all. Maybe I just don't understand CA Republicans, but I would think what you describe above (a rationalization of something heinous to protect someone you like or respect) would not be afforded to Jenner by most republicans. But maybe not living in California I am out of the loop and they actually will support this.

I am going to guess that a large group is backing her to just talk about how the transgender community will destroy America. California politics have long had major groups from out of state using it to make larger cultural points. She is not really worried about California. She is going to get a large amount of donations and likely have a huge job after this so she can sell out other transgender people. She just has to say other stuff to make it seem like she is running on other issues. But we will likely just keep getting stuff about hangars.

• Hook 'Em 2

A very good troll post.

Caitlyn Jenner is a brave individual for coming out so publicly, as a former Olympic athlete and part of the Kardashian klan, who has then used her name and politics to cultivate this image of some sort of faux-progressive Republican (but she is socially liberal and fiscally conservative!), who wants to be a hero to the trans community but doesn't believe they should be allowed to play girls' sports, except she uses women's tees and competes in women's golf tournaments. 

She was famously pro-Trump until suddenly she wasn't really, but kinda sorta still was.  She's a fucking attention whore, fame-seeking Kardashian wannabe and because she's famous and Republican, the CA GOP will ignore all of her faults/past because:

• She's rich and famous
  • She was/is pro-Trump, even though she never even voted (but said she did)
  • She sells out other trans people with her hypocrisy (but she didn't know Trump would be so anti-LGBT!)
  • She shits on the homeless
  • She shits on high taxes
  • She's a trans woman, so they can scream how diverse and open they are to anyone who wants to be a Republican

As mentioned above, Arnold was also a celebrity, but he was part of a political family (Shrivers), he did political stuff under Reagan, he campaigned for Bush in 88, he was chair of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports under Bush the First and a Red Cross ambassador. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Crispy Cigars has gotten better at trolling

You people are a sad, strange lot. You all see trolls everywhere, and why is that? What would be the consequence if there were people who held the same earnest beliefs and pretenses as I do and as I communicate on here? Why do people want to try and debunk valid communication and ideas as troll posting? What's so scary about it all?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A very good troll post.

Caitlyn Jenner is a brave individual for coming out so publicly, as a former Olympic athlete and part of the Kardashian klan, who has then used her name and politics to cultivate this image of some sort of faux-progressive Republican (but she is socially liberal and fiscally conservative!), who wants to be a hero to the trans community but doesn't believe they should be allowed to play girls' sports, except she uses women's tees and competes in women's golf tournaments. 

She was famously pro-Trump until suddenly she wasn't really, but kinda sorta still was.  She's a fucking attention whore, fame-seeking Kardashian wannabe and because she's famous and Republican, the CA GOP will ignore all of her faults/past because:

• She's rich and famous
  • She was/is pro-Trump, even though she never even voted (but said she did)
  • She sells out other trans people with her hypocrisy (but she didn't know Trump would be so anti-LGBT!)
  • She shits on the homeless
  • She shits on high taxes
  • She's a trans woman, so they can scream how diverse and open they are to anyone who wants to be a Republican

As mentioned above, Arnold was also a celebrity, but he was part of a political family (Shrivers), he did political stuff under Reagan, he campaigned for Bush in 88, he was chair of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports under Bush the First and a Red Cross ambassador. 

Wow, that is surprising. I would have assumed she would have been treated as a joke in the same way that Kanye West (another Kardashian) was when he tried to run as a Republican. CA politics sounds like it's quirky and different though, I'm content to let them deal with their own battles out there; I think the large majority of us have no dog in that fight.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

10 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

She's anti LGBTQ rights in most situations, so she's not getting any of that crossover. She's a pariah in Republican circles because she's trans.  She was always toast. But this tone deafness from her is completely on brand.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Does she say "MAGA?"  That will be enough to get her the vote of the GOP base.  That's not enough to win in California, but she'll get that vote, because the GQP is a single-issue party now -- do you MAGA/fellate Trump?  If so, you rule.  If not, you suck.

She's really the perfect candidate for this stupid, stupid, motherfucking stupid timeline we live in.

8 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

She's anti LGBTQ rights in most situations, so she's not getting any of that crossover. She's a pariah in Republican circles because she's trans.  She was always toast. But this tone deafness from her is completely on brand.  

Fake ally.  Not surprising in the least.

Caitlyn Jenner. Aaron Schock.  They are all the same.  

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Does she say "MAGA?"  That will be enough to get her the vote of the GOP base.  That's not enough to win in California, but she'll get that vote, because the GQP is a single-issue party now -- do you MAGA/fellate Trump?  If so, you rule.  If not, you suck.

She's really the perfect candidate for this stupid, stupid, motherfucking stupid timeline we live in.

I think you are wrong, but this is actually a great experiment to test this hypothesis. It's almost too perfect...hmm

Between Newson and Cuomo, America’s giant blue states are knocking it out of the fucking park. 
OTOH: What did you think would happen when you elected a man who fucked his Chief of Staff’s wife?

The big four governors are really a perfect encapsulation of the problems in this country.

CA is the Democratic version of TX. There are much better run blue states. Probably most of them tbh.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

The big four governors are really a perfect encapsulation of the problems in this country.

CA is the Democratic version of TX. There are much better run blue states. Probably most of them tbh.

Abbott, DeSantis, Newsom, Cuomo

Can we eject them all into the sun?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

oddly enough most of the well run blue states have GOP governors and Democrat supermajorities.  

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Between Newson and Cuomo, America’s giant blue states are knocking it out of the fucking park. 

OTOH: What did you think would happen when you elected a man who fucked his Chief of Staff’s wife?

Just read your link. I was today years old when I found out that Gavin Newsom's ex-wife is the current gf of Don Trump Jr. lol wow. You can't make this kind of soap opera relationship cross-over up.

Just now, Born to Run said:
6 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:
Just read your link. I was today years old when I found out that Gavin Newsom's ex-wife is the current gf of Don Trump Jr. lol wow. You can't make this kind of soap opera relationship cross-over up.

Kimberly Gargoyle!

Yep! crazy.

oddly enough most of the well run blue states have GOP governors and Democrat supermajorities.  

That model has seemed to work well for the northeastern state that have run with it for sure. Colorado, Washington, Minnesota all come to mind as well. Though I do think the legislature is split for Minnesota, to be fair. New Mexico has done an excellent job with COVID vaccines but I don’t really know shit about it day to day.

I had good experiences the times I visited California. Of course, I was couch-surfing both times so I was insulated from the price of housing. All I need to make California attractive as a full-time home is 52 friends who will each let me couch-surf for a week.