Angels have released Albert Pujols

Gil Bang

Story is he was benched last night, and was pissed, because he's 6 for 9 against the Ray's starter.  "Source" says Maddon didn't bench him, the order came from higher up.

Looks like it all came to a head today.

I expect he'll sign with the Cardinals and retire immediately.   Pretty shitty of Arte if you ask me, unless Albert asked for this. 

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

Story is he was benched last night, and was pissed, because he's 6 for 9 against the Ray's starter.  "Source" says Maddon didn't bench him, the order came from higher up.

Looks like it all came to a head today.

I expect he'll sign with the Cardinals and retire immediately.   Pretty shitty of Arte if you ask me, unless Albert asked for this. 

Yeah.  Not the way you end the career of a future HOF player.   

Just now, kevwun said:

Needs roughly 30 more homers to catch Arod and is 100 rbis behind Babe Ruth.  He may just call it quits.

Someone on twitter said have the Rockies sign him.  At Coors Field, he might hit those 30. 

Thought it was hilarious at the time the Angels were paying him all that money for raking with the Cardinals for a decade. 

One of the worst contracts in sports history and everyone knew it at the time. 

Meanwhile they are wasting the career of the best player in the game. 

On 5/12/2021 at 10:54 AM, bullzak said:

Thought it was hilarious at the time the Angels were paying him all that money for raking with the Cardinals for a decade. 

One of the worst contracts in sports history and everyone knew it at the time. 

Meanwhile they are wasting the career of the best player in the game. 

This. They have a sober, healthy version of Mickey Mantle and they’ve struggled to put a good team around him. Trout will turn 30 in August, and he’s never won a playoff game. This is just cruel. 

They’re also wasting Ohtani. Just a very sad franchise. 

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This. They have a sober, healthy version of Mickey Mantle and they’ve struggled to put a good team around him. Trout will turn 30 in August, and he’s never won a playoff game. This is just cruel. 

They’re also wasting Ohtani. Just a very sad franchise. 

I've been a fan my entire life.  Any "wasted" discussion starts and ends with Nolan Ryan.  

Nevermind Don Baylor.