Jake Ehlinger found dead near campus

Machinator

Fuck.  Just a kid. 

Most of us probably only really knew him as Sam's little brother.  Looking forward to more tributes like Overshown's to shed light on who he was as his own person.  

I too have spent a good chunk of the evening fighting back tears.  Wish we could take away some of the pain from this poor family.  What more can you say.  Fuck this.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Board the train, we're all right there with you...

My daughter (UT grad 2014) texted me as she is just finding out. I am at the gym trying to work out and hold the tears back. Wish my kids were in hugging distance. Told her I love her. Sending my love to my son now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

RIP Jake and god bless that family.  I have kids in that west campus circle and they knew Jake well ... just tragic.   Hits very close to home and I can’t imagine ever getting that phone call.  Not going to post what I’m hearing right now ... just want my flock home (and safe) for the summer.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Man, I’m just so sad. Sad for a young man losing his life before it really even started. Sad for a family that’s already been through unspeakable tragedy. Sad seeing those pictures of Jake and Sam as little boys and thinking of my two little boys. I’m just damn sad. Prayers to the Ehlinger family, the team and all of Longhorn Nation as we navigate through this.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

A message from Overshown.

E0v_S8uWUAA2Vbx?format=jpg&name=large

Wow, that’s awesome. At a time when words are hard to come by, those are perfect.

Thoughts and prayers for the Texas and Ehlinger families.

Edited by BluTechsan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Wow!  Such sad, heartbreaking and devastating news.  You can tell by the tributes that he was well loved among his teammates.  His family has had to endure too much.  Prayers for Sam, his mom, his sister and all of those who knew and loved him.  May they all be comforted by God's grace, love and mercy.  RIP Jake.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1