Jake Ehlinger found dead near campus

Machinator

Just checking in now. Took me a second to comprehend what the title of this thread was saying. Seems surreal. Unbelievable and heartbreaking. Thoughts are with Sam, his mom and other relatives and teammates. I wish them the best in dealing with this.  There aren’t many men stronger than Sam but this is too much. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Just really lucky here to have my parents visiting for the weekend.  God Bless Sam and his Mom.  I really can’t imagine.  🧡❤️

That was cool of Rattler. He didn't have to say anything and no one would bat an eye, but he's showing maturity. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

I can not imagine a family having to go through something like this. much less in the spotlight this particular family is in.   I can only guess the amount of additional pressure with all the fans and admirers wanting to mourn as well.  Something akin to Kobe and his daughter, I would think.  I hope all give this family the space they need to grieve, and support them with respect and tenderness.

I’m sure many of us took Dr. Daly’s class, can’t remember the name of it maybe it was Interpersonal Communications under the title of Speech-some #. One of the most popular classes in all of UT.

One class he discussed life stresses and put up a list of the top 5 or 10. Number one was death of a child IIRC. I never forgot that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I’m sure many of us took Dr. Daly’s class, can’t remember the name of it maybe it was Interpersonal Communications under the title of Speech-some #. One of the most popular classes in all of UT.

One class he discussed life stresses and put up a list of the top 5 or 10. Number one was death of a child IIRC. I never forgot that.

Daly taught Interpersonal.

So tragic and painful. Is there a more "Texas" family than the Ehlingers? Doubtful. 

The Ehlingers are what make college football so great in my mind. Two little boys that always wanted to be Longhorns and that were so proud to finally wear that uniform. A devoted Longhorn dad. A great story with yet another tragic chapter. 

• Hook 'Em 5

I don’t know how you can ever overcome the loss of a child. 

Nor do I. It would not be something I could handle. As a single parent with 1 child, that would be my breaking point.

Prayers to 48 and his family.

Ehlinger practice facility has a nice ring to it.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2