Jake Ehlinger found dead near campus

Machinator

Just now, Sbbruin said:

I was referring to WB, but in retrospect it might have been delivered wrong.  Mea cupla

I thought you were... and so was I... people get squeamish once you get someone in the red, but like any other monster i needs to be destroyed permanently, not just moved to where his buds can bring him back

GWe clearly have different opinions on comedy.  I personally could never find something to laugh about in a thread titled “Jake Ehlinger found dead near campus” but you do you... 

didnt quote @immamac

Edited by SDG

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I think Bob is dead.  I don't believe he was even a UT fan.

He was a fake brit who pretended to barely care about American Football but then obviously had an agenda. Probably a Piggie or A&M fan I would guess.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, South Austin said:

As they should be.  We all want answers for a tragedy like this, and hopefully any further details will come out on the family's own terms.

It’s nobody’s business but theirs. His heart stopped beating and then he quit breathing or vice versa and either no one was there to do CPR or it was futile. Why and how don’t matter. 

Rest easy Jake

I worked up this little arrangement for this past Easter, but I'd like to offer it here as a small tribute to Jake. As the father of a UT senior who's Sam's age, who's now just beginning his own epic adult journey through life, I mourn for the tragic loss of potential, and a life cut short. I can only hope those around him can find solace in the memories of his short but impactful life.
42683066-9551923-image-a-4_1620369059876.jpg
Be Thou My Vision (Irish hymn tune):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vI892vQKSzdiLLKgyXUMLzy9uahm7lMy/view?usp=drivesdk
Geez, thanks a lot. Just when I thought the dust had cleared, I've got dust in my eyes again.

Seriously, that beautiful and timely. Hook 'em.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

He was a fake brit who pretended to barely care about American Football but then obviously had an agenda. Probably a Piggie or A&M fan I would guess.

What the hell did WB say?   I have kids in the  mix in west campus and they have heard some some stuff.  But I sure as hell ain’t going to post it on this site or any other.  

just tragic for any parent and siblings ...  looking forward to having my whole clan here for  Mother’s Day this weekend.   This hits way too close to home.  God bless that family.  

4 minutes ago, BB65 said:

Twelve years to the day after my brothers death my only son was born. The day of my brothers death be came a reason to celebrate. Not only was my son born on the anniversary of my brothers death, he was born almost to the minute of his passing. My son was born at 2:31 am my brother passed at 1:32 am. This happened to be the date clocks fall back

First, I’m so very sorry for your Family’s loss. 
Second, this quoted section right here gave me chills- In a most positive way. 

I pray that the Ehlinger Family experiences something similar in their future. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

When I was 20, I got a call from a friend telling me that my best friend from high school had fallen off a boat during a nighttime river party. Divers found his body the next day. We hadn't been close since I went to school, but he had gotten heavy into alcohol in high school after his mom died. I was a fairly straight laced kid, so I pushed him away when I didn't want to be his DD anymore. After his death, I spent years blaming myself. As it were, I was in a metal band at the time and wrote a song about him. The music genre was fortuitous in that it allowed me to scream "I let you drown" at the top of my lungs unironically. 13 years later, I still wonder if there wasn't more I could have done. 

Tl;dr young people dying causes unhealing wounds

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

My daughter passed when she was 1 suddenly, and that was 14 years ago. It never gets better, you just learn to live with it. Sorry for your loss, brother. 

Oh Man, I am so very sorry to hear this. I am heartbroken for you and yours.