Jake Ehlinger found dead near campus

Machinator

Not speculating the first day or so is understandable, but it's been a few days and I'm sure the inside scoop is spreading.  Not all of us have connections on campus.

Nobody wants to drag his name through the mud, but we would like to know what the word on the street is. I'm sure if I googled enough, it's already out there. 

Whatever the CoD, sadly, he's not the first and won't be the last. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

We shouldn't speculate. The Ehlinger's, with nothing more pressing going on in their lives, may be perusing this thread. 

For a site where nothing seems to be off limits, we do seem to be overly sensitive about this 

I understand not wanting to be an asshole, but we're all assholes, or we wouldn't be here. 

• Hook 'Em 7

11 hours ago, Rimbo said:

My point is, that's an awful lot of words to be not saying anything.

I'm also old enough to have perspective. I've seen cancer, war, suicide and drugs take folks young and old, and none of these are better than the others. Death doesn't give a fuck.

So if you're gonna spill it, spill it. If not, shut up about it. Spend your words honoring the man.

🤘

people kept "spilling it" and their posts kept getting deleted. that's why i refrained form "spilling it" (although it shouldn't have been too hard to connect the dots when reading my posts).

Edited by shadow_operative

I’m just confused why it’s such a big deal that there is no talk of it and it’s still being deleted. Maybe after tomorrow it will stop getting deleted? 

This seems like the reasonable approach. Tomorrow is the Memorial Service and a day to celebrate the Life of Jake Ehlinger. There will be plenty of time to discuss what needs to be discussed, because make no mistake it’s truly a got damn tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, immamac said:

I already said where a speculation thread can exist. Turns out key contributors don't think it's necessary. 

I personally would like to know, so I can talk to my kids about it while the story is fresh in their minds. Guess I need to visit another team’s board to find out what happened to our guy.

• Hook 'Em 2

If people are wanting to make charitable contributions in his name:

In lieu of flowers, the Ehlinger family is asking that donations be made to Fellowship of Christian Athletes c/o Steve Vittorini, 478 Live Oak Lane, Spicewood, Texas 78669 or on a secure webpage at: https://my.fca.org/?=name+stevevittorin

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Deej said:

We shouldn't speculate. The Ehlinger's, with nothing more pressing going on in their lives, may be perusing this thread. 

For a site where nothing seems to be off limits, we do seem to be overly sensitive about this 

I understand not wanting to be an asshole, but we're all assholes, or we wouldn't be here. 

Maybe being an asshole is an unworthy aspiration.

6 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

How is wondering how someone died tragically being an asshole?

I guess you failed to read the quote from Deej who labeled this as asshole behavior thus justified.

Perhaps an insatiable desire to guess about things where guesses are not wanted is some sort of pathology that the rest of us should respect and tolerate.

Or maybe it's pointless and some of us recognize it as such.

It's too complicated for me to figure out.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, usmc0331horn said:

When the next celebrity is found dead will we not be allowed to speculate until after the service? Would Surly delete all posts discussing how we think Cobain died?

i would say it’s the sites attempt to show respect to one of their own and just hold off for a moment to recognize this players life before the story turns to streams about the cause of death and our National problem.

if you want speculation right now, head on over to TexAgs. You’ll get all you can handle.  
per aggy logic:

-it was after spring ball, so he was finally off for summer.

-Also, he went to Westlake 

as far as they are concerned, case closed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

i would say it’s the sites attempt to show respect to one of their own and just hold off for a moment to recognize this players life before the story turns to streams about the cause of death and our National problem.

if you want speculation right now, head on over to TexAgs. You’ll get all you can handle.  
per aggy logic:

-it was after spring ball, so he was finally off for summer.

-Also, he went to Westlake 

as far as they are concerned, case closed.

An ex works for the county and they all know so I also know. I understand the respect angle but when does the statute of limitations end?

1 minute ago, usmc0331horn said:

An ex works for the county and they all know so I also know. I understand the respect angle but when does the statute of limitations end?

I’m not someone who knows, but I would wager we are approaching that point.