Jake Ehlinger found dead near campus

Machinator

12 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Repped, but it’s actually the story of how a good character young man died based on a decision most of us have made without any thought of it possibly killing us. 

Thankfully, someone PM’d me, because imagine how fucked my kids would have been if I ventured to the aggie or OU board.

Curious of what the decision he made was - would appreciate a PM.

• Hook 'Em 2

i would say it’s the sites attempt to show respect to one of their own and just hold off for a moment to recognize this players life before the story turns to streams about the cause of death and our National problem.
if you want speculation right now, head on over to TexAgs. You’ll get all you can handle.  
per aggy logic:
-it was after spring ball, so he was finally off for summer.
-Also, he went to Westlake 
as far as they are concerned, case closed.

There’s your hint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a post on the other board I had never heard of. Maybe someone knows something.  

I don’t have permission to reply, apparently. I’m not even sure it’s really okay to anyways. It’s all risk and no reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to TARS for this...   From FCB

"REMEMBERING JAKE EHLINGER"

Wednesday’s celebration of Jake Ehlinger’s life was simultaneously heart-breaking and uplifting.

The Texas Longhorns’ football team, coach Steve Sarkisian, athletic director Chris Del Conte, former coach Tom Herman and his wife, Michelle, and even Bevo - were all in attendance for the service at Riverbend Church in Austin.

Jake’s closest friends, his Austin Westlake high school coach Todd Dodge and his older brother, Sam Ehlinger, stepped to a podium next to Jake’s flower-covered coffin and described a bigger-than-life, hyper-competitive, loving, gooftball of a man who had an impenetrable faith in God and belief in eternal life.

A tweet posted by Jake Ehlinger, a sophomore linebacker for the Longhorns, on May 31, 2018, was printed in the program for Ehlinger’s memorial service:

“It’s impossible not to smile knowing we will forever be loved by our impeccable God.”

Sam Ehlinger said, “As your big brother, you looked up to me. But I learned so much from you Jake, and now I’m looking up to you - watching over our family with Dad.”

Ross Ehlinger, the father of Sam, Jake and Morgen Ehlinger and husband to Jena Ehlinger, died in 2013 of apparent cardiac arrest after diving into the water as part of the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon in San Francisco.

“Jake was never the same after Dad died,” Sam said. “They had a special bond. And now they’re together again.”

Todd Dodge said Jake Ehlinger is the only player he’s had at Westlake who called him on Father’s Day to wish him a happy Father’s Day.

“Who does that? What teen-aged kid thinks like that?” Dodge said. “Jake Ehlinger - that’s who.”

• Hook 'Em 6

We do know two things: no foul play and the family doesn’t wish to share the information. So why don’t we respect one of the most die hard Longhorn family’s wishes? Ask yourself why you even need to know.  What would that accomplish? Isn’t it much better to remember the essence of a person’s life instead?  I hope the Ehlinger family finds some peace.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

We do know two things: no foul play and the family doesn’t wish to share the information. So why don’t we respect one of the most die hard Longhorn family’s wishes? Ask yourself why you even need to know.  What would that accomplish? Isn’t it much better to remember the essence of a person’s life instead?  I hope the Ehlinger family finds some peace.  

It’s been said and that’s good enough. No one has besmirched their family name.  

Yeah, I really had no idea this was thing in college let alone high school. My son will be going into 8th grade next year in The Woodlands.  It's very similar to the high school I graduated from in San Antonio in that there are a bunch of suburban kids with access to mommy and daddy's drugs.  When it was just weed or alcohol like when I was growing up, I have a pretty good idea how to talk to my son about that or even recognize if he is under their influence.  Pain killers I have no idea about.  I don't know how pervasive they are.  I don't know if I can expect them to be at the soon to be high school parties my son will be going to.  I don't want to trample on anyone's grave, I want to treat this as a learning moment for me and for how to prepare my son for what he will be facing soon.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

Sure no one “needs” to know, but like others have said, sometimes it does help to know or better understand potential dangers. Moreso for the young people and not adults.

Not saying this is what happened here, but I had a close friend overdose on opioids and die at 18. He was athletic, former baseball teammate, and had gone to marine corps basic training. His death really drove home to me that even though I was young and healthy, I wasn’t invincible and life is a fragile thing. And sometimes one mistake really can cost you everything. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• 3 weeks later...

He lived in callaway house in west campus while attending Columbia (remotely). Killed in car accident on the way to the gym. Was a goofy football player at west lake who dreamed of performing on Broadway.

All excerpts from the obit. Not made up after consuming a bottle of whiskey.

• Fuck You 1

• 4 months later...

An astonishingly potent opioid- and heaven only knows how much of it comes in from China, South America, etc.  Not that hard to make in the lab.  Lots of fake and adulterated tablets of all sorts out there-and I can tell you many aren’t distinguishable from commercial products.  Scary, very scary shit!

From your friendly non-local pharmacist-

• Hook 'Em 3

A good buddy of mine lost his stepson earlier this year to similar shit. He and I (and pretty much our whole crew) ingested as much of everything we could get our hands on when we were young (80’s, when people who didn’t get drunk or high did mountains of coke) and did a bunch of dumb shit, but at least we knew what we were getting into. This shit is fucked up…

• Hook 'Em 2

Friend of mine lost his 25 year old son to the exact same shit about a week ago.  It blows my mind what the most powerful nation to have ever existed puts up with.  We know where it's coming from.  We know how it's getting here.  We are now losing more people to overdoses annually than we lost in the entirety of the Vietnam war.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 3

15 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Friend of mine lost his 25 year old son to the exact same shit about a week ago.  It blows my mind what the most powerful nation to have ever existed puts up with.  We know where it's coming from.  We know how it's getting here.  We are now losing more people to overdoses annually than we lost in the entirety of the Vietnam war.

Yep.   And  a shoebox size quantity is enough to kill a lot of people which makes it easy to get into the country.  

How much does it actually take to kill someone? Is only a trace in an “regular” pill enough or are they getting pills that are pure fentanyl?
Have you seen the video of the sheriffs deputy who was simply processing a drug bust tied to a traffic stop? That was fentanyl..

Search on YT, pretty sure it's still up