Texas @ TCU Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Porter and Campbell would be overmatched at the plate and a downgrade on defense. Feels like Stehly could hold his own in left. Pierce is obsessed with speed too. 

Kennedy is the living embodiment of " overmatched ať the plate "

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Disch has never been like Lupton last night. 

not true.  vandy super regional in 2004 was apeshit.

that at bat was not worth a one out bunt.  christ.  need pitching to step up right here and seize away the momentum.

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

I don’t see the point in replacing an overmatched hitter with another overmatched bat that never sees top arms, is slower, and a worse fielder.

I know. My point is that I can't believe we have no one better.

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He tries to pull too much.  They actually shift against a 220 hitter.  He needs to retool his swing to make contact the ball deeper into the plate and be an all fields hitter 

For a guy purported to follow Tulo around “soaking up everything”, he must be ADD when it comes to AB.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

First, I don’t agree. Second, comparing a super regional versus a conference game is hilarious. 

This is a big fucking series.  So I guess a non-con series against Miami after the 1991 Cotton Bowl doesn't count?  That was apeshit too.

Edited by TwiceHorn

15 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Sweeping to take the Big 12 was unlikely, but not even possible if we keep leaving runners on in scoring position. 

...and making stupid baserunning mistakes, eliminating runners in scoring position.

• Hook 'Em 2

I mean look... we should have lost last night. Maybe we lose a game today we should win. Either way - what should actually piss everyone off is giving away the Sunday games to OU and Baylor to where we come into this one needing a sweep.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I mean look... we should have lost last night. Maybe we lose a game today we should win. Either way - what should actually piss everyone off is giving away the Sunday games to OU and Baylor to where we come into this one needing a sweep.

Didn't give away Sunday Baylor game. They raped us. OU game was a different story.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

First, I don’t agree. Second, comparing a super regional versus a conference game is hilarious. 

look, i know that you are generally a little futureman starter kit who efforts so hard - so very hard - to be an irritable troll on top of being an ideal personification of dunning-kruger... 

but when you say stupid shit like a stadium environment has never been comparable in 56 years to just another piss-ant, friday night road environment and say that only certain conditions apply afterwards, well, ya know.

i don't really give a shit that you disagree.  i was there and it wasn't particularly close.  if your opinion is one of disagreement, then you are in no position to express said opinions authoritatively on the topic.

• Hook 'Em 2

The crowd last night at TCUs game was probably their best all season, 99.9% chance of locking up the conference with a win last night. Texastroubador nailed it on the head about announcers going gaga over drunk frat guys who spent the first 18 years of their life rooting for Texas anyway

• Haha 1