Texas @ TCU Series Thread

Horny Bull

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yep. It’s okay not to be the wildest bunch for fuck’s sake. Yet we always quibble about how we’re the best at something.  A fucking super regional in our glory years versus a conference game. Lulz. 

I agree w/quibbling about being best at everything, but calling yesterday just a conference game is pretty iffy. If TCU wins and has a 3 game lead coming into today, the dynamic for the conference championship is different. I think the part time crowd at TCU knew that as well

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm guessing that gives them the conference. They will destroy k-state to clinch it. 

Probably.  After that though, I don’t buy that their staff is Omaha worthy.  They have a good offense (which makes Stevens outing so impressive) but a good hitting club will score on this bunch.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Fuck that is frustrating. I don’t know how you can sit there and watch that go by with the game on the line.

Fuck that is frustrating. I don’t know how you can sit there and watch that go by with the game on the line.

You can say that again 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SunUvAbitchMarcos said:

Hot take indeed This team ain’t Omaha worthy

Sent from my iPhone 15 Pro X Max

So what if we win tomorrow, are we back to Omaha worthy? Is it a game to game basis? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SunUvAbitchMarcos said:

Shut the fuck up moron. If you don't think both of these teams are likely CWS teams you're stupider than a box of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SunUvAbitchMarcos said:

I'll never understand how people can type that, read it after they typed it, look down and see their giant gaping pussy, and still hit send

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Probably.  After that though, I don’t buy that their staff is Omaha worthy.  They have a good offense (which makes Stevens outing so impressive) but a good hitting club will score on this bunch.  

A good base-running club will score on this bunch!

• Hook 'Em 1

I missed the 1st ~2 innings waiting on espnu so I only saw 1 vase running blunder that was ultimately inconsequential. 

Well played game that like last night, was a coin flip. What else were you expecting?

Unfuck your pussies. Win tomorrow and host a super.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, B00M said:

I missed the 1st ~2 innings waiting on espnu so I only saw 1 vase running blunder that was ultimately inconsequential. 

Well played game that like last night, was a coin flip. What else were you expecting?

👓 

20 minutes ago, B00M said:

Look. I get your sentiment. I already posted as much. We probably should have lost last night and probably should have won today. 

But losing conference championships fucking blows and especially when it's to TCU. I'm allowed to dwell in the shittiness. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

3 paragraphs strongly suggests you do give a shit. I’ve been to plenty of games at both stadiums. Disch doesn’t compare to Lupton and it never has. Including the ‘04 super regional (and the ‘91 Miami series). I didn’t say only certain conditions applied; I told you first and foremost that you were wrong. I added mockery because you compared a fucking Super Regional to a conference game, which isn’t remotely fucking comparable @TwiceHorn

Oh Christ, what a fucking moron. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Look. I get your sentiment. I already posted as much. We probably should have lost last night and probably should have won today. 

But losing conference championships fucking blows and especially when it's to TCU. I'm allowed to dwell in the shittiness. 

Not over but sharing it is likely the best outcome with the loss today. Win tomorrow, sweep WVU, have KSU take one from TCU and you're conference champs and #1 seed in the Big 12 tourney.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Not over but sharing it is likely the best outcome with the loss today. Win tomorrow, sweep WVU, have KSU take one from TCU and you're conference champs and #1 seed in the Big 12 tourney.

I just don't see TCU dropping one against KSt but you never know. We're still playing the games I guess. 

Edited by ztejas

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No one remembers regular season conference championships. Zero fucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, B00M said:

It's a pretty good barometer for being the best team in the conference. Which should be the standard at Texas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

3 paragraphs strongly suggests you do give a shit. I’ve been to plenty of games at both stadiums. Disch doesn’t compare to Lupton and it never has. Including the ‘04 super regional (and the ‘91 Miami series). I didn’t say only certain conditions applied; I told you first and foremost that you were wrong. I added mockery because you compared a fucking Super Regional to a conference game, which isn’t remotely fucking comparable @TwiceHorn

You didn't go to the fucking 91 Miami series.  You were 5, or maybe 10.

You made an insane bit of hyperbole because of your little allegiance to TCU and got called on it.

I've been to Lupton several times myself, and TCU fans in baseball are like every other sport, incredibly fairweather.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, B00M said:

38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's a pretty good barometer for being the best team in the conference. Which should be the standard at Texas. 

I mean I really wanna win the conference but honestly if we make it to Omaha nobody will remember who won the 2021 conference title. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I mean I really wanna win the conference but honestly if we make it to Omaha nobody will remember who won the 2021 conference title. 

55 minutes ago, B00M said:

In Texas' 12 combined championships and runner-ups in the CWS they won their conference in the regular season in 10 of those seasons. The outliers being 2005 and 1989.

So it's doable - but its also a pretty good metric to hit en route.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

In Texas' 12 combined championships and runner-ups in the CWS they won their conference in the regular season in 10 of those seasons. The outliers being 2005 and 1989.

So it's doable - but its also a pretty good metric to hit en route.

We won the conference and went 2 and q in Omaha in 2018. In 2014, we went to extra innings against the eventual national champion, finished 3rd in the country but finished 4th in conference. I get what you’re saying, but give me deep Omaha runs over regular season title all god damn day. But yeah in the perfect world we’d win the big 12 and host every year. Like Texas baseball should 

• Hook 'Em 4

I think what most of us agree is that yes let's fucking beat these cockroaches and win the conference. But if we don't, let's not start shitting ourselves and going full Greenspoint like all these posters who just showed up on the baseball board this week.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

That too. Assuming we take of West Virginia, we’ll be a top 8 seed 

I'm not even sure a tight 1-2 series against TCU would hurt our RPI or seeding that much. It didn't against Tech and TCU is a better team than them.

16 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

So sick of not hitting for shit. 10 Years now. 

We had 9 hits today and 13 yesterday.

Today, they just didn't come at the moments we needed them.  Brain-dead baserunning didn't help either.

• Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, Cajun said:

We had 9 hits today and 13 yesterday.

Today, they just didn't come at the moments we needed them.  Brain-dead baserunning didn't help either.

the worst thing about the stupid baserunning is you fail to keep the pressure on the pitcher as well as giving outs that reduces pitches.

1 hour ago, Sheriff Bart said:

It’s ok to win the conference too. Making excuses for not finishing first is aggy. 

We lost the conference regular season when we lost game 3s to Baylor, OU, OSU... Bitching about not sweeping @TCU with this team is insane.

Edited by B00M
Good luck Bart. May want to start thinking of your next account name now given your recent rep history
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Not happy with our offensive coaching. Mentioned it in the Tech thread, been thinking about it for the last few years. same shit.

Not entirely. This team gets on base. Not all prior versions did that.

I didn’t see today’s game, but Kennedy needs to get going. But bunting incessantly does not help you find your groove. He had some good swings Friday.

58 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the worst thing about the stupid baserunning is you fail to keep the pressure on the pitcher as well as giving outs that reduces pitches.

The one that still is killing me is Hodo at second. Maybe it was Daly...I can’t recall who it was for sure. Ground ball at you or behind go—it’s that fucking simple. His secondary lead didn’t even make the decision hard so there’s no excuse. 

• Hook 'Em 1