Texas @ TCU Series Thread

Horny Bull

Was able to take 2/3 out of tcu, tech and okie st. That is an awesome result for this team and there should have been a sweep of tcu if we didn’t run ourselves out a W. They have grown a ton from this stretch of their schedule and are easily a top 5 team now. Can’t wait for the post season because Texas is going to drag their nuts on the competition en route to the WS! 🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Was able to take 2/3 out of tcu, tech and okie st. That is an awesome result for this team and there should have been a sweep of tcu if we didn’t run ourselves out a W. They have grown a ton from this stretch of their schedule and are easily a top 5 team now. Can’t wait for the post season because Texas is going to drag their nuts on the competition en route to the WS! 🤘🏻

Only took 1/3 from Tech. But 6/9 out of the season defining stretch, with two of those series away from the Disch, is really nice work.

Edit: I'm an idoit

Edited by Machinator
  • Hook 'Em 1

Next, TEXAS sweeps West Virginia at  Disch-Falk;

and K State takes 1 of 3 from TCU in Manhattan.

TEXAS wins the XII Conference on head-to-head tiebreaker and gets #1 seed for XII Tournament.

Light the top of the tower orange.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Nice avatar, my dude.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNL7bWXUYQQZVB8kNuJ2H

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Only took 1/3 from Tech. But 6/9 out of the season defining stretch, with two of those series away from the Disch, is really nice work.

We won 2 of the 3 series from tech, tcu and okie st. Meaning 2/3 from tcu, 2/3 from okie st and 1/3 from tech. Series wins 2/3. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Speedway said:

Next, TEXAS sweeps West Virginia at  Disch-Falk;

and K State takes 1 of 3 from TCU in Manhattan.

TEXAS wins the XII Conference on head-to-head tiebreaker and gets #1 seed for XII Tournament.

Light the top of the tower orange.

I can't allow myself to think shit like this, let alone say it. Game by game, inning by inning. We can't take anything for granted. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

Pierce deserves a ton of credit for finding the guys and giving everyone opportunities to prove themselves while winning nearly 80% of games. If Kennedy can trip over some confidence in the next few weeks...

I remember him hitting the ball out of the infield like maybe 3 times in the last 2 months. But it would be typical Texas post season baseball if Kennedy goes on a tear. Someone always steps up on our Omaha teams 

1 hour ago, Horny Bull said:

Pieces of fucking dog shit. They were obnoxious pieces of shit at the Disch in that 2010 super regional. What makes them especially bad is they THINK they know what they’re talking about when it comes to baseball, but their heckling game is straight up weak. Kind of like a program that’s only been to Omaha like 5 times and didn’t win a regional till 2009. Oh wait....

Edited by Fletch

16 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

5-4 against those teams (TCU was 5-4 also). I wish we could’ve pulled 6-3 like Tech. I also hope Tech finishes strong so there is no chance we host a super against them. I’m hoping for Top 8 seeds for TCU, Tech and obviously us. I’d love to have us win out and Tech win out, and win the conference tourney. 

I’d really like projections on the 16 seeds, but sites I refer to are slow to update. 

I’d be cool with us winning 1 or 2 in the conference tournament then get back to Austin and rest a little. Ty Maddens arm may fall off pretty soon. So yeah sweep West Virginia, win or lose the conference tournament. I don’t care. Then get home and get ready. I’m assuming we’d pitch Kubicheck against the 4 seed and save Hanson for the bullpen or the winner take all game if it gets to that point 

52 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’d be cool with us winning 1 or 2 in the conference tournament then get back to Austin and rest a little. Ty Maddens arm may fall off pretty soon. So yeah sweep West Virginia, win or lose the conference tournament. I don’t care. Then get home and get ready. I’m assuming we’d pitch Kubicheck against the 4 seed and save Hanson for the bullpen or the winner take all game if it gets to that point 

Depends on how bad the 4 seed is. In 2018 we got Texas Southern who is horrible. Some years you can get a school who has a good arm that you have to exert a little to beat. Just depends on the draw

• Hook 'Em 1

Unrelated to the series. 

I am really surprised Jared Southard hasn’t gotten more opportunities. His stuff looks really good, he looked great against Okie State. Walks are a little up there but not any worse than some other guys that still get opportunities like Justin Eckhardt. 

You look at Justin’s numbers compared to Jared’s and I’m actually baffled that Jared hasn’t gotten a mid week start or more opportunities out of the pen

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

5-4 against those teams (TCU was 5-4 also). I wish we could’ve pulled 6-3 like Tech. I also hope Tech finishes strong so there is no chance we host a super against them. I’m hoping for Top 8 seeds for TCU, Tech and obviously us. I’d love to have us win out and Tech win out, and win the conference tourney. 

I’d really like projections on the 16 seeds, but sites I refer to are slow to update. 

i dunno, that’s tough to have all three in there. They’re going to put at least 3 teams from the sec and 3 big12 teams wouldn’t leave wiggle room they like for a ECU or Norte Dame. 

51 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Depends on how bad the 4 seed is. In 2018 we got Texas Southern who is horrible. Some years you can get a school who has a good arm that you have to exert a little to beat. Just depends on the draw

Yeah if it’s a Texas southern type then throw Kubicheck. If it’s a traditionally solid program like Army or something then I think we gotta pitch Hanson 

No team is entitled to go to Omaha without winning the Super R.  We want to win a regional, get a Super R in Austin and win.   Do that and only then are you “worthy”.   There’s a good chance that some currently high-ranked teams, who think they are are bound for Omaha....find themselves staying home.  We have to take this seriously, continue to improve, rest up, learn how to run the bases, then kick all comer’s asses....all the way to Omaha...and beyond.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

No team is entitled to go to Omaha without winning the Super R.  We want to win a regional, get a Super R in Austin and win.   Do that and only then are you “worthy”.   There’s a good chance that some currently high-ranked teams, who think they are are bound for Omaha....find themselves staying home.  We have to take this seriously, continue to improve, rest up, learn how to run the bases, then kick all comer’s asses....all the way to Omaha...and beyond.

I mean Pierce has been to Omaha as an assistant and as a head coach. Zubia and DJ and Quintanilla and maybe some others I’m blanking on were on that 2018 cws team. Hopefully our 2018 team laid the road to Omaha out for the new regime like our 2000 team did for 2002. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Fuck ECU and I’m tempted to say fuck ND. Wholly unimpressed with ACC this year. The last 2 seeds ought to come down to Tech, Zona and ND. The Top 6 ought to be Arky, Vandy, Miss St., TCU, Texas, and Tennessee. 

And I agree with the ecu sentiment but they got in as 1 seed in 2018 so it can happen if they win their conference tournament. I like your top 6 as well. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m interested in nothing more than equipping the 8 teams that best deserve a host spot in the Supers. Nothing more. Anything less is bullshit. If it requires 4 SEC teams and 3 Big 12 teams, then all the other conferences gnashing their teeth can eat a dick. 

We all are interested in placing the best at the top 8 but the NCAA loves to pull bullshit moves. It’s what they do.