Harris County Covid Threat Level

Viper

It remains at red which is the highest level. 

more info about it here: https://covid-harriscounty.hub.arcgis.com/

basically there's 5 measures they're using and we're under on all of them except for test positivity rate. We've actually never been low enough on test positivity rate to move down to a lower level. We have to get to 5% and are currently at 9.4% on our 14 day avg. They'll have to lower the level eventually but I don't see how we'll get to a less than 5% test positivity rate any time soon. Does the testing metric makes sense now that everyone who wants a vaccine can get a vaccine? Who else is taking a test now but unvaccinated sick people? Or is there something I'm missing? Do all us vaccinated need to go out and start taking daily tests that come back negative for it to go down?

If we're at the same level now as in the winter I'm just not sure the levels are very useful.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Do all us vaccinated need to go out and start taking daily tests that come back negative for it to go down?

You’re asking for large city governments to use logic. Yada, yada monkeys flying out of butts, something, something.....

• Haha 1

Pos rate is my covid fatwa. 
such a bad measure. So easily influenced by messaging etc. Also now as vaccine rate increases your pool of people getting tested shrinks to where more and more of those getting tested are those with covid. 

To me what’s crazy is that 90+ % of people that get tested don’t have it. Bunch of milksop hypochondriacs in America. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You’re asking for large city governments to use logic. Yada, yada monkeys flying out of butts, something, something.....

Point of order - turns out Harris County is, in fact, not a city government. It’s a county, chief.

3 hours ago, jkates said:

Lina is regarded about this. Don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lina is regarded, period.  But she has monster jugs underneath those lesbian button up shirts and I’m on board.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1