What is his TexAgs handle....?

Aqua Buddha

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Where is the NEWS side of Fox? It is all propaganda.

I get it. But I try and be fair. There is clearly a distinction between reputable journalists at Fox, Chris Wallace, Shepard Smith, Bret Bair, their polling operation and their opinion side of things like Tucker and Hannity.  I do think overall that right-wing propaganda is a primary purpose of the entire network.  

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I remember in college, one day my bus route home was blocked by anti-Iraq war protests. I just wanted to go home. I was frustrated by the delay. In no way did I run into the crowd and berate the protesters and tell them to get off the streets, what they were doing was illegal, and yell at cops for not doing their job. Because even though I didn’t particularly agree or disagree with their protest, I recognize their right to protest and realize civil protests are American traditions.  

If you are out there screaming at protesters, it probably means you don’t like why their blocking traffic, not that their actually blocking traffic. 

Yep.  Not only was this guy inconvenienced on his trip, but he was inconvenienced by those he has been groomed to identify as the others/urban/blacks/liberals. He is going to be able justify his yelling, swing at black lady, and overall childlike emotional tirade.  

36 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I know this forum is prone to hyperbole, and I know I'm going to regret posting on this thread, but Can you define "routine" for me plz?

Because, so far in 2021, there have been a grand total of 4 unarmed black people killed by police.

In 2020?  Less than 20.

https://www.reneeater.com/on-monuments-blog/tag/list+of+unarmed+black+people+killed+by+police

So basically the chances of an unarmed black person being killed by police is about the same as dying falling out of bed.

Over one per month seems pretty routine for being executed without trial by the state. 
How do you define routine? What’s the threshold of acceptable extrajudicial killings? 
Also why did you choose only unarmed people? Are we not allowed to carry weapons in this country? 
Cops aren’t supposed to kill anyone. Period.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Over one per month seems pretty routine for being executed without trial by the state. 
How do you define routine? What’s the threshold of acceptable extrajudicial killings? 

You think all shootings of unarmed are unjustified?

16 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Also why did you choose only unarmed people? Are we not allowed to carry weapons in this country? 
Cops aren’t supposed to kill anyone. Period.

Out of roughly 6.5 million police contacts between blacks and police per year, less than 20 per year is infinitesimal.

Basically, unarmed blacks have the same chance of being killed by a cop as they do of being eaten by a great white.  Not the shark.  But by the band Great White.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Out of roughly 6.5 million police contacts between blacks and police per year, less than 20 per year is infinitesimal.

Basically, unarmed blacks have the same chance of being killed by a cop as they do of being eaten by a great white.  Not the shark.  But by the band Great White.

So what number is acceptable? How many people are police supposed to kill each year? And again why are you only discussion unarmed? That’s not even touching the non fatal police shootings.

Edited by hobbes2702

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

I know this forum is prone to hyperbole, and I know I'm going to regret posting on this thread, but Can you define "routine" for me plz?

Because, so far in 2021, there have been a grand total of 4 unarmed black people killed by police.

In 2020?  Less than 20.

https://www.reneeater.com/on-monuments-blog/tag/list+of+unarmed+black+people+killed+by+police

So basically the chances of an unarmed black person being killed by police is about the same as dying falling out of bed.

Propaganda

Edited by ChickenSandwich

32 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So what number is acceptable? How many people are police supposed to kill each year? And again why are you only discussion unarmed? That’s not even touching the non fatal police shootings.

🤦‍♂️

Well, I knew I was going to regret posting in this thread, and usual I was right.

So my last point is that the reason why it's not a good idea to allow street-blocking is safety.  If angry guy or one of the protesters was armed, we'd probably be discussing a shooting.  And as we saw in 2020, we saw drivers use their cars (intentionally or unintentionally) as a bowling ball and saw the street-blockers as pins.  We also saw protesters stop cars and assault drivers and passengers.

It's just not a safe situation for anyone involved - the protesters, the drivers, or the cops who have to deal with that mess.

26 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

And how does what you said relate? Black on black violence has nothing to do with police on black violence.

Bad cops being exposed by video and body cams have exposed a long hidden problem and we will be better for it. They need to be held fully accountable for their actions and not be able to hide behind unions, a blue line, or immunity. 

That said

I don’t believe police single out black Americans for homicide. For every George Floyd there is a Tony Timpa. For Breanna Taylor there is a Duncan Lemp. They are equal opportunity criminals. 

And statically if we go by per capita of violent crime committed by percentage of the population (more crime = more interactions, more violent crime = more dangerous interactions), unarmed white males are killed at a much higher percentage than unarmed black males. 

More accountability and transparency hopefully leads to better policing. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

In 2020?  Less than 20.

The numbers are quite a bit higher than that.  That's obviously a partial list.

But are you assuming that if a person is armed, then the shooting is justified (or, as sack asks it, is a shooting unjustified if the person is not armed)?  Because we've seen people who had a license to carry being gunned down for no reason.

This state is about to make it legal to carry a gun without a license of any kind.  Of course, that's just a freedom enjoyed by white people.  A cop isn't going to shoot my white ass.  But if you're Black and you're carrying a gun when Johnny Law pulls you over, then you can probably kiss your ass goodbye.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

The numbers are quite a bit higher than that.  That's obviously a partial list.

But are you assuming that if a person is armed, then the shooting is justified (or, as sack asks it, is a shooting unjustified if the person is not armed)?  Because we've seen people who had a license to carry being gunned down for no reason.

This state is about to make it legal to carry a gun without a license of any kind.  Of course, that's just a freedom enjoyed by white people.  A cop isn't going to shoot my white ass.  But if you're Black and you're carrying a gun when Johnny Law pulls you over, then you can probably kiss your ass goodbye.

Plenty of black people get guns without permits, and they get killed or jailed all the time for something that should be legal. Fucking make it CC and stop doing these racist gun laws that prevent many others from buying something that should be very legal to get.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Right to protest =/= kneeling

End there.

Right to protest=/= impeding others' rights.

Keep going.  You're persuading me...

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Impede your constitutional right to...not be inconvenienced or annoyed?

Rosa Parks acted to prove she belonged there.

MLK and protesters  walked the Edmond Pettus Bridge to prove they belonged there.

people sit in the street because they are fucking asshats.  All protests are not justified.

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

What are the chances of white people being killed in a fire at a Great White concert?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Protesting by harrassing people and blocking people trying to commute is maybe the worst tactic you can think of if you are going for sympathy and righteousness and understanding. I guess it works for awareness, but the negative association seems like a bad idea...but yea, no such thing as bad press I guess.

9 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Kind of a weird example when that one incident led to sweeping changes to the fire code and necessitated crowd management laws to be put into place.

It looks like the aggie guy was arrested for assault.  Hate to see it.

There are multiple videos that show the encounter between the driver and the protesters. The driver is heard yelling to the one officer on scene, "Get these [expletive] people out of the way!" The driver engages with the officer for a few seconds and later turns to the crowd and appears to attempt to slap a phone out of the hand of one of the protestors.  

"During this incident, a female reported that she was assaulted by a male who confronted the protestors. Due to the position of the crowd, the officer did not witness the assault. The officer de-escalated the situation by removing the male away from the crowd...After speaking with the victim and the suspect, and reviewing video footage of the incident, detectives filed an Assault-by-Contact charge with the Municipal Court against the male suspect," reads the police statement.

The Plano Police Department says it is not releasing the name of the suspect or the victim for their personal safety concerns. Police said the victim filed an assault by contact charge — a Class C misdemeanor.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/plano-rally-incident-marvin-scott-ken-paxton/287-87ebdb91-6702-426c-bedf-1d6360b0fbab

On 5/9/2021 at 11:56 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Regardless of which side you are on, you can point in anger at someone, while explaining the bad actions of your side as justified.

It's perfect also for another aspect of what you identify. "Hey, I'm reasonable. The big guy is an asshole! But fuck those BLM fuckers and their cause and their constant whining, too. Look at Chicago! Blacks more often die at the hands of other blacks! BOOTSTRAPS! BOOTSTRAPS!"

See, a person can condemn someone opposed to the protest but with whom they apply no other general standard while simultaneously grinding a beloved axe. Then others can jump in and say, "I'm reasonable, too! I hate bullies! I hate protesters, too! It's not politics because I refuse to discuss what the protest is about! I'm also not interested in knowing more than will supply my outrage jones."

This is purely political.

I'd like to know more about what the police presence was for. I'd like to know more about the incident. It's interesting that many people in cars that are also (apparently) blocked, object to the raging motorist.

This video is framed as something that may not be accurate. That's another clue about just how political this is.

I look forward to the third rate sophistry that will argue this is merely a traffic matter. Not all arguments are equal.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Civil Rights march ends as 'Bloody Sunday,' March 7, 1965 - POLITICO

Who do you sympathize with here?

Make no mistake - would another march from Selma to Montgomery to happen, the DT braintrust would be rooting for the police to beat up John Lewis and the rest of the civil rights activists. Shit, the governor of Alabama and the Montgomery police even used the exact same justification - that impeding traffic endangered public safety!

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I would rather have seen the reaction above in Plano had the group not dispersed after being handled appropriately by the police. I would’ve been totally fine with it. 

We know, you didn't need to bother posting it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I would rather have seen the reaction above in Plano had the group not dispersed after being handled appropriately by the police. I would’ve been totally fine with it. 

You would have liked to see the county sheriff issuing an order for all white men over the age of 21 to report to the courthouse to be deputized, before brutalizing them and cracking the skull of a civil rights icon? The picture you're quoting is from "Bloody Sunday" - and was the breaking point in the country that ultimately led to the passage of the Voting Rights Act.

Like - this specific event that we are talking about is an example of state violence against peaceful protesters. It's part of our nation's civil rights journey. And you're just straight up saying that you wouldn't mind if we went back to how things were.

Fucking incredible.

• Hook 'Em 2

The BLM protests aren't close to the same shit as Selma.

Too much of the BLM is based on outright lies like Michael Brown and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" or that dickhead who got turned into a shopping cart while reaching for a weapon while committing a felony or the other dickhead who was shot after shooting a taser at a cop while fleeing.  They supply of true incidents of cops murdering black males (Floyd, Castille, and Tamir Rice) does not keep up with the demand for the BLM narrative so they include shit that was 100 percent justified.

20 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Too much of the BLM is based on outright lies like Michael Brown and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" or that dickhead who got turned into a shopping cart while reaching for a weapon while committing a felony or the other dickhead who was shot after shooting a taser at a cop while fleeing.  They supply of true incidents of cops murdering black males (Floyd, Castille, and Tamir Rice) does not keep up with the demand for the BLM narrative so they include shit that was 100 percent justified.

What an absurd, idiotic post.

28 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Sack, you really need to learn our country's history better. The Selma to Montgomery march was instigated by the shooting of Jamie Lee Jackson, a protester who was fleeing the streets into a cafe with his mother after police shut off the lights and attached them. 

Alabama State Trooper corporal James Bonard Fowler followed Jackson into the café and shot him, saying he thought the protester was trying to get his gun as they grappled.

Jackson died eight days later at Selma's Good Samaritan Hospital, of an infection resulting from the gunshot wound. The death of Jimmie Lee Jackson prompted civil rights leaders to bring their cause directly to Alabama Governor George Wallace by performing a 54-mile march from Selma to the state capital of Montgomery.

On March 7, 1965, an estimated 525 to 600 civil rights marchers headed southeast out of Selma on U.S. Highway 80. The march was led by John Lewis of SNCC and the Reverend Hosea Williams of SCLC, followed by Bob Mants of SNCC and Albert Turner of SCLC. The protest went according to plan until the marchers crossed the Edmund Pettus Bridge, where they encountered a wall of state troopers and county posse waiting for them on the other side.

County sheriff Jim Clark had issued an order for all white men in Dallas County over the age of twenty-one to report to the courthouse that morning to be deputized. Commanding officer John Cloud told the demonstrators to disband at once and go home. Rev. Hosea Williams tried to speak to the officer, but Cloud curtly informed him there was nothing to discuss. Seconds later, the troopers began shoving the demonstrators, knocking many to the ground and beating them with nightsticks. Another detachment of troopers fired tear gas, and mounted troopers charged the crowd on horseback.

So I'm sure your parents were saying the same shit as you are right now: that "the black man who died at the hands of the police had it coming", and "people protesting it are just rabble rousers". It's clear you haven't learned our history - because you're fucking repeating it before our eyes.

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Sack, you really need to learn our country's history better. The Selma to Montgomery march was instigated by the shooting of Jamie Lee Jackson, a protester who was fleeing the streets into a cafe with his mother after police shut off the lights and attached them. 

Alabama State Trooper corporal James Bonard Fowler followed Jackson into the café and shot him, saying he thought the protester was trying to get his gun as they grappled.

Jackson died eight days later at Selma's Good Samaritan Hospital, of an infection resulting from the gunshot wound. The death of Jimmie Lee Jackson prompted civil rights leaders to bring their cause directly to Alabama Governor George Wallace by performing a 54-mile march from Selma to the state capital of Montgomery.

On March 7, 1965, an estimated 525 to 600 civil rights marchers headed southeast out of Selma on U.S. Highway 80. The march was led by John Lewis of SNCC and the Reverend Hosea Williams of SCLC, followed by Bob Mants of SNCC and Albert Turner of SCLC. The protest went according to plan until the marchers crossed the Edmund Pettus Bridge, where they encountered a wall of state troopers and county posse waiting for them on the other side.

County sheriff Jim Clark had issued an order for all white men in Dallas County over the age of twenty-one to report to the courthouse that morning to be deputized. Commanding officer John Cloud told the demonstrators to disband at once and go home. Rev. Hosea Williams tried to speak to the officer, but Cloud curtly informed him there was nothing to discuss. Seconds later, the troopers began shoving the demonstrators, knocking many to the ground and beating them with nightsticks. Another detachment of troopers fired tear gas, and mounted troopers charged the crowd on horseback.

So I'm sure your parents were saying the same shit as you are right now: that "the black man who died at the hands of the police had it coming", and "people protesting it are just rabble rousers". It's clear you haven't learned our history - because you're fucking repeating it before our eyes.

No.  Floyd, Rice and Castille were murders.  Brown, Blake, and that shithead that tried to taze the cops while fleeing were not.

Fucking Eric Holder's DOJ cleared the Brown shoot.  So fuck right off with your allegations of racism.  They mean nothing these days because of cock suckers like you.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

No.  Floyd, Rice and Castille were murders.  Brown, Blake, and that shithead that tried to taze the cops while fleeing were not.

Fucking Eric Holder's DOJ cleared the Brown shoot.  So fuck right off with your allegations of racism.  They mean nothing these days because of cock suckers like you.

Sigh. Did you even read my fucking post? The same sequence of events that precipitated Bloody Sunday fifty years ago is what happens on at least a yearly basis today.

Here is a statement from Eric Holder on Brown:

This morning, the Justice Department announced the conclusion of our investigation and released a comprehensive, 87-page report documenting our findings and conclusions that the facts do not support the filing of criminal charges against Officer Darren Wilson in this case.  Michael Brown’s death, though a tragedy, did not involve prosecutable conduct on the part of Officer Wilson. 

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/attorney-general-holder-delivers-update-investigations-ferguson-missouri

I guess like me Eric Holder is a white supremacist and racist.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

We have a lot of black protesters being shot these days?

Well there certainly has been a number of instances of police attacking peaceful protesters like Bloody Sunday.

June 1, when Bill Barr ordered unmarked federal law enforcement officers to open fire on the people protesting George Floyd's murder comes to mind as being particularly similar. Although fifty years ago the authorities at least had the good taste to not pose for a photo op in front of a church after their brutality.

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well there certainly has been a number of instances of police attacking peaceful protesters like Bloody Sunday.

June 1, when Bill Barr ordered unmarked federal law enforcement officers to open fire on the people protesting George Floyd's murder comes to mind as being particularly similar. Although fifty years ago the authorities at least had the good taste to not pose for a photo op in front of a church after their brutality.

Must have been a lot of carnage that day.  Those feds were mostly peaceful.

• Haha 1