Wrath of Man

BERT

On 5/9/2021 at 2:05 AM, ztejas said:

Did you ask if I liked dogs?

I love it when I have an opportunity to show that movie to someone who hasn't seen it.  Goddamn what a masterpiece.

I feel the same about "In the Loop," the movie inspired by the BBC series The Thick of It.

I highly recommend both the series and the movie.  Malcom Tucker is a God.

I saw it last weekend. Pretty good but not great. I feel like past Ritchie films had a lot more twists than this one which was more a straight action film. I think I enjoyed it more than I otherwise would have just because it was my first time in a movie theater since February 2020.

Damn Josh Whatshisface from Black Hawk Down / Pearl Harbor is in it?  Welcome back.
In for anything with Statham.  May have to go tonight $5 Tuesdays

I like seeing Hartnett back but his role was a bit of a throwaway. Any random actor could have played it with the same effect. Hopefully his transition into some meatier roles soon. He was great in Lucky Number Slevin. Jesus, that was 15 years ago.

Yea it was pretty damn good, but also pretty damn straight forward.   I was expecting more twists, but they pretty much explained everything lol

Also i would have preferred to see more Statham hand to hand fighting ...mostly gun bang pow dead.

Agree on Hartnett's character.  I like him in his past roles, but anyone could have plated that goober.

Edited by utxmike05

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed it. Not a great movie, but solid.

I found the lack of a twist refreshing. I think a plot twist should only be done when it's set up and executed very well. Too many movies throw in a random, unestablished plot twist just to have one.

I also enjoyed the nonlinear storytelling. It's a nice break from all the other formulaic stuff.

I missed what Stathams crews connection was to the robbers? Were they just paid to be spotters? Why was Statham there to report which direction the truck went??
If so wouldn't they know how to find the crew?

No connection. It was just plot luck that the route they decided to scope out was hit that day by an unrelated crew.