Which one of you assholes lost a tiger?

HenryJames

CSB/ When I was a kid I had a friend whose mom was friendly with a few of the Texas Rangers players, which meant that we got to do cool shit like shag fly balls during batting practice.  Julio Franco had a pet tiger for a brief period of time.  He had a diamond studded leash and he would walk it like a dog.  He donated it to a zoo when it started to get too big.  There are not many things in the world cuter than a baby tiger. /CSB

11 hours ago, HornPhD said:

I told my MIL (she lives in Spring) about this story and as soon as I mentioned “Memorial” she immediately lost any disbelief

That's not Memorial,  as in the Memorial you expect...That's at the very end of Memorial Dr all the way out to Highway 6. Not the same tax bracket as between 610 and Beltway 8

• Hook 'Em 2

y'all are making fun of the guy with the pistol but he showed more restraint, patience and calmness than any cop in that situation would have. 

the owner is an asshole and i hope the tiger is rescued and lives happily ever after somewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

y'all are making fun of the guy with the pistol but he showed more restraint, patience and calmness than any cop in that situation would have. 

the owner is an asshole and i hope the tiger is rescued and lives happily ever after somewhere. 

Had it been a black tiger, cop would have blown his head off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bevo said:

They don't need a gun, just a laser pointer and some patience.

Or a box! Cats dig boxes. Even big cats. If there is a box they will have to mess with it. It’s like they have no choice. Lol

(Tiger clip is courtesy of Knoxville Zoo)

FB7BE397-9FFE-432A-9723-DB1F9CD19AE6.gif

493D6ECB-6951-4D2C-A7B5-CC8EF4F733F5.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

CSB/ When I was a kid I had a friend whose mom was friendly with a few of the Texas Rangers players, which meant that we got to do cool shit like shag fly balls during batting practice.  Julio Franco had a pet tiger for a brief period of time.  He had a diamond studded leash and he would walk it like a dog.  He donated it to a zoo when it started to get too big.  There are not many things in the world cuter than a baby tiger. /CSB

How old was your friend when he realized his mom caught more Rangers' balls in the bedroom than he caught shagging in the outfield?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, gernblansten said:

How old was your friend when he realized his mom caught more Rangers' balls in the bedroom than he caught shagging in the outfield?

I realized it a few years later, so I would imagine he figured it out at about the same time.  She was a really fucking hot realtor.

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

That's not Memorial,  as in the Memorial you expect...That's at the very end of Memorial Dr all the way out to Highway 6. Not the same tax bracket as between 610 and Beltway 8

Yeah, it was in Fleetwood.

Also that Spring v. Memorial comments makes no sense to me.