Which one of you assholes lost a tiger?

HenryJames

https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/comments/n9cafh/letting_your_tiger_get_loose_season_2_of_tiger/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

something about being with the Zoo. still begs the question, why the fuck does this dude have a tiger at his house and how the fuck did it get out? did he think a tiger couldn't leap over a 6 foot fence?

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/weird/watch-video-neighbors-react-after-spotting-a-tiger-in-houston-memorial-neighborhood/285-59bc7ed9-1a8c-4537-8aaa-56ecab682c28

"Man who escaped with pet tiger is out on bond for murder in Ft. Bend county."

I swear to God, this fucking timeline......

According the HPD press conf, he also has two pet monkeys, which may or may not be with him and the tiger, and which are not illegal if they are under 30 lbs.

"Man who leases house in what may or may not be considered Memorial, but which is definitely not Spring, escapes with pet tiger and possibly two legal thin monkeys or two illegal fat monkeys while out on bond for murder in Ft. Bend County."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/weird/watch-video-neighbors-react-after-spotting-a-tiger-in-houston-memorial-neighborhood/285-59bc7ed9-1a8c-4537-8aaa-56ecab682c28

Whoa! This thread went from a 3 or 4 to a 10! Turn it up to 11! Holy shit! Now we just need some bikers, strippers and an El Camino! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I grew up in Memorial and now live where I'm zoned for Stratford.  This area will always be Westchester to me and not Memorial.

29 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

I always thought the edge was Strey Lane or Gessner. 

59 minutes ago, Jacob McCandles said:

you probably know this, but the folks who live in 77024 believe that the western edge of "Memorial" is BW8

Ivy Wall Dr, where the tiger incident happened, is actually in a sliver of Katy ISD. There's an elementary school you can see from highway 6 that is a Katy school

Edited by Dennis Taylor

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

shit, at the rate we're going we can't even make fun of Alabama! 😝

I've said it before -- it's becoming apparent that Texas isn't much more than Mississippi with oil and good mexican food.

Both of which I'm glad for, by the way.  Because, you know....without them, we'd be Mississippi.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I've said it before -- it's becoming apparent that Texas isn't much more than Mississippi with oil and good mexican food.

Both of which I'm glad for, by the way.  Because, you know....without them, we'd be Mississippi.

We also have the Palo Duro Canyon and Big Bend. So we are cooler. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I grew up in West Houston. The Memorial area goes west past Dairy Ashford. I always thought it was strange that Memorial HS isn't even in Memorial.

It all depends on who you ask. Some equate "Memorial" with the Memorial-area Villages. Others equate it with the areas serviced by Memorial Drive.

Memorial HS is in Hedwig Village, which puts it within any reasonable definition of "Memorial"

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Texas’ tech and medical industries thinks you are a bit too hyperbolic on this take.  

22 minutes ago, Jacob McCandles said:

It all depends on who you ask. Some equate "Memorial" with the Memorial-area Villages. Others equate it with the areas serviced by Memorial Drive.

Memorial HS is in Hedwig Village, which puts it within any reasonable definition of "Memorial"

Nevermarryastripper is correct. Somewhere near the Beltway and Memorial Drive the Westchester area would start (if Westchester still existed). Stratford area would be around Dairy Ashford. So there were basically two other school areas between where the tiger was found and Memorial. The villages of Memorial end at Gessner at the furthest point and on Memorial Dr. they end at Bunker Hill (I would include Sandalwood). Fuck the areas serviced by Memorial Dr. could include Memorial Park, the Heights and even Downtown. But in the other direction, the road changes to Briar Forest at Blalock.

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Trust me, I know first hand which police department protects and serves Memorial High School (at least in 1975)

Damn 75? That was even before Les Koenning Jr. by a few years.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Nevermarryastripper is correct. Somewhere near the Beltway and Memorial Drive the Westchester area would start (if Westchester still existed). Stratford area would be around Dairy Ashford. So there were basically two other school areas between where the tiger was found and Memorial. The villages of Memorial end at Gessner at the furthest point and on Memorial Dr. they end at Bunker Hill (I would include Sandalwood). Fuck the areas serviced by Memorial Dr. could include Memorial Park, the Heights and even Downtown. But in the other direction, the road changes to Briar Forest at Blalock.

People who live in the Village equate "Memorial" to the Villages or the area zoned to MHS. Many others equate it to areas serviced by the road. I've had people who live in the Kickerillo development west of Eldridge tell me they live in Memorial, and I've had someone who lived in the fancy area east of the park and south of Memorial Dr. tell me they live in Memorial. 

And we all know the Village po-po would have cited the guy for having his pet off leash before leaving the property.

Bunch of silver spoons type motherfuckers up in here. I won’t feel bad growing up squarely in the middle class in cypress.

Also, I think the tiger found in an abandoned house a few years ago was weirder. I don’t recall if they found out who owned it.

Nevermind, they arrested some lady:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/15/us/tiger-found-in-houston-house-owner-arrested-trnd/index.html

My aunt and uncle lived south of I-10, you exited and passed Stratford HS, drove a couple of miles, then hung a right and spent 10 minutes driving through a residential neighborhood before arriving at their house.  Can I get a ruling on where they lived so I can properly process exactly how close this hits to home?

I can’t handle the end of this tweet. Ha! Holy shit! 

“The Tiger portion of this investigation is continuing...” I just. Can’t. Also, he allegedly murdered someone in 2017 and still hasn’t gone to trial. Wtf? What’s happening? Omg. If he also has the monkey with him all bets are off. 

Edited by Nicole44

7 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

Still one of the better things to come out of early 2020.

Also, as a person with relatives in Oklahoma and Arkansas, if anybody ever asks me what Oklahoma or Arkansas is like, I point them to this show.  It is peak Oklahoma.  And it could have easily happened in Arkansas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I can’t handle the end of this tweet. Ha! Holy shit! 

“The Tiger portion of this investigation is continuing...” I just. Can’t. Also, he allegedly murdered someone in 2017 and still hasn’t gone to trial. Wtf? What’s happening? Omg. If he also has the monkey with him all bets are off. 

Wait, he has a monkey with him? Is it in a briefcase? Does he think he’s a lawyer?
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

My aunt and uncle lived south of I-10, you exited and passed Stratford HS, drove a couple of miles, then hung a right and spent 10 minutes driving through a residential neighborhood before arriving at their house.  Can I get a ruling on where they lived so I can properly process exactly how close this hits to home?

If you crossed over the bayou you’re back in HISD so that would just be Houston. So it doesn’t hit very close to home.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"HPD was in such a hurry to wrap it and find their guy that they just assumed because my client was the one who caught this tiger, who went out and go it and brought it back into safety, everyone is just assuming that he is the owner of the tiger," attorney Michael Elliott said.

Elliott said police are also assuming that Cuevas was the person who put the tiger in a white Jeep Cherokee and drove away.

"He's already been convicted, which is a shame," Elliott said.

Yeah, I always capture random tigers I've never seen before, bring them into my home, and take them out for rides in the Jeep with me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jacob McCandles said:

you probably know this, but the folks who live in 77024 believe that the western edge of "Memorial" is BW8

Thats complete bullshit. I grew up in Piney Point. The western edge of memorial is Gessner. Anything west of that is ghetto

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Piney Point is the hood of the Memorial Villages

Nah, definitely not around N. and S. Country Squire or around Kinkaid. The hood would be way west in Bunker Hill where the Chilton's and DeAyala's lived. There were some apartment's near Duschene in Hunter's Creek but otherwise I think Hunter's Creek is the nicest. Unfortunately what made all of them nice were the big lots and trees which have been torn down to put several close McMansions next to each other. I think the Cullen's house (Oil) on Wickline was torn for 3 houses.

Edited by Bevo