40 people shot in 3 days

Stros

16 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

It’s a simple question: show me a high performing school district that is doing it on limited resources. 

You can poorly educate kids for a lot of money.  You can also educate them well for a lot of money. What you can’t do is educate them well on the cheap.  If you could, every politician in America would point at that district as a success story

So $17,000 per kid qualifies as “limited resources”?

One of the most personally frustrating aspects of the racial issues in this country for me is the biases and racial issues between minorities isn’t confronted or dealt with.  To be clear there certainly aren’t the historical injustices of slavery or Jim Crow, but in my anecdotal experiences race relations in America and segregation issues are really some of the worst between different minority communities.  It’s clearly graphically represented right in that Washington Post link, but not acknowledged at all.  Some of that is certainly more socioeconomic than anything and also first generation immigrants have always largely self segregated.  I think time more than anything will lessen the issue, but it will take several generations.

15 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

One of the most personally frustrating aspects of the racial issues in this country for me is the biases and racial issues between minorities isn’t confronted or dealt with.  To be clear there certainly aren’t the historical injustices of slavery or Jim Crow, but in my anecdotal experiences race relations in America and segregation issues are really some of the worst between different minority communities.  It’s clearly graphically represented right in that Washington Post link, but not acknowledged at all.  Some of that is certainly more socioeconomic than anything and also first generation immigrants have always largely self segregated.  I think time more than anything will lessen the issue, but it will take several generations.

Well that, and it needs to involve the death of people like the guy who posted above you, who insists that if throwing money at a problem while perpetuating same problem doesn’t fix it then...

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

So is white flight. 

9 hours ago, 5 5 said:

I lived in Compton & South Central for about a year. I never saw a gun or a gang member. Not once. 

Banning guns, comprehensively, does this.

You are a fucking retard.  Compton isn’t safer because of gun control.  Compton was 75 percent black in 1980. Now it’s 25 percent black.   It isn’t the same neighborhood.  It’s been gentrified.  Furious Styles is pissed.  Has zero to do with gun control  

And California with all its gun control has a higher murder rate than Texas   

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Bad Teammates sock is completely serious. He believe all other developed nations are non-racist utopias where everyone lives in harmony. Oh. And reparations. Don’t forget those repetitions. More handouts please. 

White people handouts: OK

Reparations: Not OK

It’s too bad Democrats were too busy creating loop holes instead of following through...because racist?

2015 Maine adds work/job requirement for entitlements, and sees drastic reduction of able bodied adults on welfare.  The help is there, but that’s no the democratic way.  They are not enslaved to you if they are self sufficient, better to keep them begging on branded knee and “grateful” for their kindness.  And you eat it up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2016/05/19/new-report-proves-maines-welfare-reforms-are-working/amp/

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

White people handouts: OK

Reparations: Not OK

Lol. Keep deflecting any personal responsibility.  It’s always someone else’s fault and the answer is more handouts. 

Asking someone to work is racist. Asking someone to present an ID is racist. Awsome how you think so much of everyone, good thing they have you to tell them what is right. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Just now, David Dennison said:

Gun murder rate is exactly the same.

And murder rate is higher.  If all that gun control worked, California should be safer than Texas.  It isn’t. 

And LOL about that fucktard’s use of Compton as an example.  

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Lol. Keep deflecting any personal responsibility.  It’s always someone else’s fault and the answer is more handouts. 

It would be nice if white people could practice what they preach when discussing accountability.

Edited by David Dennison

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Gun murder rate is exactly the same.

So gun control works, eh?

Lower access to guns(allegedly) in CA, yet the gun murder rate is (allegedly) the same.

Cool.  Thanks for agreeing with what many of us have been saying all along.

Edited by slorch

Just now, David Dennison said:

It would be nice if white people could practice what they preach when discussing accountability

You white liberals are the heroes blacks need.  

Democrats have been fucking over blacks for centuries. They just change tactics every once in awhile. 

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

And murder rate is higher.  If all that gun control worked, California should be safer than Texas.  It isn’t. 

And LOL about that fucktard’s use of Compton as an example.  

The difference is .1.

California and Texas are almost literally exactly the same in terms of murder rates. They are exactly the same when it comes to gun murder rates.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

The difference is .1.

California and Texas are almost literally exactly the same in terms of murder rates. They are exactly the same when it comes to gun murder rates.

so what did gun control achieve?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Depends on what the numbers were before the laws were enacted.

LOlz.

Bottom line is that it still comes down to human behavior, not further restricting the liberty of law abiding gun owners.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'm a law abiding gun owner and I want them highly regulated and licensed.

do it to yourself then. Don't project your misplaced fear on me, bro.

If you fear what you might do by simply possessing a firearm, then that's YOUR fucking problem.

Don't presume to speak for me motherfucker.

Edited by slorch

19 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Well, the Asians and Jews are succeeding at it, better than white people in fact. They didn’t have this supposed scale you keep referencing, did they? At some point, accountability comes into play and you have to stop pointing fingers

Like white people taking responsibility for the still-active oppression of another group without pointing fingers at their model minorities as an attempt to distract from the white man's sins?

That kind of accountability?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

do it to yourself then. Don't project your misplaced fear on me, bro.

If you fear what you might do by simply possessing a firearm, then that's YOUR fucking problem.

Don't presume to speak for me motherfucker.

Same on abortion. Stay out of women's reproductive rights, motherfucker.

30 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Like white people taking responsibility for the still-active oppression of another group without pointing fingers at their model minorities as an attempt to distract from the white man's sins?

That kind of accountability?

Our definition of active oppression is very different. But yes, it’s important to acknowledge the role white people have played. It’s aslo important to note that I’ve never engaged in such activities, so this white guilt is a very foreign concept to me. I think you misunderstood my position, however; I’m not pointing to the Asian and Jewish communities to disparage black people or distract from our past, I simply think it’s a great model to follow. I say the same to the white community, as we’re lagging behind as well. 

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

Our definition of active oppression is very different. But yes, it’s important to acknowledge the role white people have played. It’s aslo important to note that I’ve never engaged in such activities, so this white guilt is a very foreign concept to me. I think you misunderstood my position, however; I’m not pointing to the Asian and Jewish communities to disparage black people or distract from our past, I simply think it’s a great model to follow. I say the same to the white community, as we’re lagging behind as well. 

While you might not engage in such activities, you are without question a beneficiary of racism. 

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

While you might not engage in such activities, you are without question a beneficiary of racism. 

That’s a bridge too far. Under what twisted view of current society have I benefited from racism. What benefit do I get when a black couple is denied a mortgage, 

21 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

It’s aslo important to note that I’ve never engaged in such activities, so this white guilt is a very foreign concept to me.

It's not important at all. It's completely irrelevant. It's not about you as an individual, but about larger social structures and the impact those structures have on outcomes.

I think you misunderstood my position, however; I’m not pointing to the Asian and Jewish communities to disparage black people or distract from our past, I simply think it’s a great model to follow. I say the same to the white community, as we’re lagging behind as well. 

Slave-descended blacks literally cannot follow that model. Immigrant communities rely heavily on connections to their homeland for financial, emotional, spiritual, and motivational support. Their deep and far-ranging familial and national connections give them stability and a safety net if the American experiment goes wrong. You rightly speak of the benefits of the nuclear family, but you seem to want to ignore the reality of how the black family was actively destroyed when enslaved and brought to America. Furthermore, you seem to want to ignore how the black family is continually destroyed today by police and justice system racism.

If we want slave-descended blacks to follow the path, we need to stop breaking their legs.

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

That’s a bridge too far. Under what twisted view of current society have I benefited from racism. What benefit do I get when a black couple is denied a mortgage, 

giphy.gif

- Increased options in which homes to purchase.

- A more willing and competitive market for mortgage loans.

Real estate is one of the few reliable ways people can build wealth. Systematically keeping that way from certain groups for centuries has been a massive contributor to generational poverty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Benefiting from racism isn’t an accusation.  Interesting.

It's not an accusation, it's an explanation of the reality around you. It is baffling why you people continually make it about yourselves as individuals. It's like your moral and intellectual universes are as small as a postage stamp.

Just now, Incredulity said:

Benefiting from racism isn’t an accusation.  Interesting.

David is a very guilty individual, he must have done something truly awful to garner so much self hatred. The more I read, the more pity I feel. 

11 hours ago, 5 5 said:

What's wrong with black people is nobody hires them, nobody forgives them and nobody believes them.

Kapernick is a perfect example of this. He was absolutely right. What happened to him also happened to Vince Young. And both these guys were unmitigated winners.

"Nobody" hires them?  Nobody?  Even other black people?  Really?

"Nobody" forgives them?  Forgives them for what?

Nobody believes them?  Disbelieves what?

Now, on to football...

Kaeprnick was absolutley right about what?  Kneeling for the NA?  OK.  Many people across all races agreed with him.  You're all butthurt that everyone didn't glorify him for his protest?  Sorry about your feelings, sweet cheeks.

And finally "unmitigated winners"...

Colin Kaepenick career won / loss record as professional starting QB:  28-30. Verdict: very mitigated "winner".  He was OK and he got SF to a Super Bowl (and lost probably becuase whitey turned the lights out for a while).  Remember, Trent Dilfer got the Ravens to a Super Bowl and won it.  After the season, he was summarily let go by the franchise.  Imagine that?  An "unmitigated winner" let go by an NFL franchise.

Vince Young career won / loss record as professional starting QB: 31-19.  Verdict: unmitigated winner

Hey!  You're batting .500.  If this was baseball you'd be in the HOF.

(by the way, your takes aren't very good)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It's not important at all. It's completely irrelevant. It's not about you as an individual, but about larger social structures and the impact those structures have on outcomes.

Slave-descended blacks literally cannot follow that model. Immigrant communities rely heavily on connections to their homeland for financial, emotional, spiritual, and motivational support. Their deep and far-ranging familial and national connections give them stability and a safety net if the American experiment goes wrong. You rightly speak of the benefits of the nuclear family, but you seem to want to ignore the reality of how the black family was actively destroyed when enslaved and brought to America. Furthermore, you seem to want to ignore how the black family is continually destroyed today by police and justice system racism.

If we want slave-descended blacks to follow the path, we need to stop breaking their legs.

giphy.gif

Real estate is one of the few reliable ways people can build wealth. Systematically keeping that way from certain groups for centuries has been a massive contributor to generational poverty.

So you’re saying black people are not capable? Wow, that’s the most racist thing I’ve read on this board. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 5 5 said:

This is what Black Lives Matter is all about. They HATE the guns & crime in their neighborhoods. They also hate the police, and the politicians, for doing nothing constructive about it. Ergo, the riots.

So let's burn down stuff.  Good strategy.  

Just now, deadshank said:

So let's burn down stuff.  Good strategy.  

BLM is an astonishingly peaceful movement given the violence perpetrated against them.

Just now, Chrispy said:

So you’re saying black people are not capable? Wow, that’s the most racist thing I’ve read on this board. 

This is just sad.

BLM is an astonishingly peaceful movement given the violence perpetrated against them.

This is just sad.

You are probably correct on BLM being peaceful.  In the statement I quoted, BLM was mixed in with rioting and they aren't necessarily linked.

Edited by deadshank

giphy.gif

Horseshit.

A white person having a more lending options isn’t a BENEFIT of racism.

Not suffering from racism isn’t the same as benefiting.