Pipeline Problem Potentially Problematic, production possibly paralyzed

Wally Fairway

No gas at 5 different stations on my way home tonight.  All the pumps are taped off.  If this isn't fixed quick the economy in the mid Atlantic is going to grind to a halt worse than the early covid days.   Some fucker was charging $6.99 for gas in the city at one station. That fucker needs to be firebombed.
I have just under 3/4 of a tank, and have 2 site visits planned tomorrow that will probably empty my tank.
Get a tesla bro.

1 hour ago, Colonel Sanders said:

One of my coworkers in Charlottesville had a little less than half a tank so he went searching for station that wasn't empty.  After waiting in line for over an hour the station ran out of gas, so he came back with nothing.  After telling me the story, I asked, "so all brakes, no gas?"  He didn't seem overly amused.

Gotta say, I am very disappointed in your story

Was 100% rooting for your friend running out of gas while looking for gas 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

If you have a ranch or deer lease, never a bad idea to have a tank with a 1-2 thousand gallons of fuel.

Yeah, most of the actual working ranches I was acquainted with in the 1960s had a pump just like a gas station.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

As you can see, the tweet was from yesterday morning, but long lines and outages had already begun.

No that's correct. There are no long lines because there's no gas to be had.  Visited 5 stations last night, and all were shut down.  It's only going to cascade more today.  Friday is going to start today for a lot of people in the Mid Atlantic region.

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Incredulity said:

image.png.006fafe92f3a40576e9313e07b0c445c.png

Holy shit

I see this and start sweating as I have a completely dumb, irrational fear of my car catching on fire because someone throws their lit cigarette out of the car window.  This dumb bastard could actually catch on fire if that happened. 

cyber security is an afterthought for some, probably most, companies. it's not revenue generating. it's all expense with very little, if any, tangible ROI. that's why I don't trust companies with my data. even the bigger companies are getting hacked. facebook has all the money in the world. their revenue model is aggregation and monetization of personal data. you figured they are spending more than most companies on security. they are still getting hacked. if a company who's revenue model is data cannot protect its network, imagine the gaping holes that other companies have.

i can only imagine how easy some of these companies are to hacking. many have been hacked and don't even know it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Some fucker was charging $6.99 for gas in the city at one station. That fucker needs to be firebombed.

This kinda price gouging idiocy where 5 or 6 "new gas station owners think profit" happens almost every single time there is a run on gas.   

I remember the run on gas in the afternoon on 9/11, several gas stations  suddenly were charging $10/gal when it had been less than $1.25 that morning.

I also remember the run the morning after Katrina's full destruction was realized, same with Ike, and Harvey, and after the BP Deepwater Horizon, as well as the day after Gulf War 2, and finally the start of Covid.    with the exception of the start of covid, every single time the AG of the state I lived in at the time charged 2-3 gas stations with gouging. 

It just amazes me how many gas station owners think they can just bump up the price to a ridiculous level without understanding they just committed a major felony.

Just take a pic of the price and the building, send a pic to your state AG and those idiots will wish they had never been that stupid.  The penalties are like 4X what they made by charging that much extra.

The "smart" gas station owners raise the price by about 10% when this shit happens,  they arent gonna get blasted by the feds if they do that... but charging 3X what they were the day before is a massive red flag.

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

This kinda price gouging idiocy where 5 or 6 "new gas station owners think profit" happens almost every single time there is a run on gas.   

I remember the run on gas in the afternoon on 9/11, several gas stations  suddenly were charging $10/gal when it had been less than $1.25 that morning.

I also remember the run the morning after Katrina's full destruction was realized, same with Ike, and Harvey, and after the BP Deepwater Horizon, as well as the day after Gulf War 2, and finally the start of Covid.    with the exception of the start of covid, every single time the AG of the state I lived in at the time charged 2-3 gas stations with gouging. 

It just amazes me how many gas station owners think they can just bump up the price to a ridiculous level without understanding they just committed a major felony.

Just take a pic of the price and the building, send a pic to your state AG and those idiots will wish they had never been that stupid.  The penalties are like 4X what they made by charging that much extra.

The "smart" gas station owners raise the price by about 10% when this shit happens,  they arent gonna get blasted by the feds if they do that... but charging 3X what they were the day before is a massive red flag.

It's already been reported that the state has stepped in on this issue and prosecution is in the offing 

He's just going to run a line from the barrels to his gas tank and drive around like that.

We once had a beat up ranch truck with a rusted out gas tank that ran exactly like that. We rigged up a 5 gallon metal bucket in the bed with a fuel line running to the connector. Had to pump the gas pedal till the seatbelt light went off before you started it. Ran like a top.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

We once had a beat up ranch truck with a rusted out gas tank that ran exactly like that. We rigged up a 5 gallon metal bucket in the bed with a fuel line running to the connector. Had to pump the gas pedal till the seatbelt light went off before you started it. Ran like a top.

As in, it spun around crazily crashing into things, then fell on its side.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

A few years back when the hurricane shut down the gulf coast refineries and most of the gas stations were dry, it was common to see idiots driving around with trash cans full of gas sloshing around in a truck bed. San Antonio.

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Had a buddy that pulled a wedge to make extra money in college. He had his aux tank rigged this way.  Iirc it’s not legal to gravity feed like he was but obv not a bit enough deterrent as he had it the entire time.  

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Had a buddy that pulled a wedge to make extra money in college. He had his aux tank rigged this way.  Iirc it’s not legal to gravity feed like he was but obv not a bit enough deterrent as he had it the entire time.  

Run it to the vent line and it isn't gravity fed. That's what most guys w/ transfer tanks do, from the tank into a tee fitting spliced into the filler vent. So fuel transfers to main tank as fuel pump empties it out and draws new fuel in through the vent  /csb

Edited by GringoSalado
doh