Meanwhile, in Jerusalem...

Anastasis

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

@DonkeyCigars

What do you think about this? As a Zionist.

I think that what Palestine is doing is the right and good thing to do, if you believe the Israeli’s should not control all of Jerusalem. Making the noise and driving the awareness to get Israel to stop and to cancel all those who vocalize, maintain, give or aid in any way any support is the only way to stop it. Classic “slave morality” as  Nietzsche coined it (his term, not mine)— the only way the weak can overcome the strong.

My opinion is that Israel has made their bed and now has to lie in it for falling for a sueing for peace instead of winning in war what they wanted many years ago. I’m not sure how they get to a Zion now, I’m not bullish on the possibility anymore.

@DonkeyCigars

I think that what Palestine is doing is the right and good thing to do, if you believe the Israeli’s should not control all of Jerusalem. Making the noise and driving the awareness to get Israel to stop and to cancel all those who vocalize, maintain, give or aid in any way any support is the only way to stop it. Classic “slave morality” as  Nietzsche coined it (his term, not mine)— the only way the weak can overcome the strong.

My opinion is that Israel has made their bed and now has to lie in it for falling for a sueing for peace instead of winning in war what they wanted many years ago. I’m not sure how they get to a Zion now, I’m not bullish on the possibility anymore.

@DonkeyCigars

@DonkeyCigars

@DonkeyCigars

• Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

So do you support or oppose the actions you see in the video I posted?

18 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m still learning but if this pedophile is on your side, that’s not a good thing

Since this is the second time that rocket surgeon's name has been dropped here, I would be remiss if I didn't refer everyone to the absolute best takedown anyone has ever done on him (and think of the territory that covers):

https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Chutzpah-Misuse-Anti-Semitism-History-ebook/dp/B072X6XGBM

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m still learning but if this pedophile is on your side, that’s not a good thing

Isn't the "self-loathing Jew" label just the Right Wing Jewish version of "No true Scotsman?"

If you are opposed to Zionism you are antisemitic or if you are Jewish and opposed to Zionism you are a self-loathing Jew.

If you oppose their Nationalist bigotry then that means you are guilty of bigotry.

• Hook 'Em 1

For a little more background on the Original Post. (and sorry, I am an idiot when it comes to posting twitters, so in case this doesn't post correctly, here is the text of the full twitter thread):

Today's Jerusalem Day march ends in an orgy of hate at the Western Wall. They sing: “Remember me! Strengthen me! Just this once, God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Palestinians (may their progeny be erased!) for my two eyes!” (altering Judges 16:28)

The 1996 song, "remember me" is associated with the Israeli far-right. In gained renewed attention after it was played in 2015 at a wedding while attendees celebrated the torching to death of Palestinian baby Ali Dawabsheh by Jewish militants

These teens are student of pre-military yeshivas (the flag being waved is for the Tzvia Yeshiva in Dimona). Imagine what these boys will do once they are given guns and authority over millions of Palestinians, while they enjoy near-total impunity.

As a Jew, it hurts me to see this disgusting show of hatred at the holiest site for the Jews, the Western Wall. Young boys celebrating as east Jerusalem burns. Zionism is infecting Jewish identity in Israel with ethno-nationalism, militarism and glorification of violence.

Re: the ancient curse used by those attending. At 00:07 you can hear the crowd scream "yimach shemam". Literally "may their name be erased." It is mentioned in the Bible (e.g. Psalms 109:13; Deuteronomy 25:19) in the context of erasing the progeny of a person/people (Amalekites)

I, for one, am thrilled that these fine young gentlemen will have the best of US military-grade technology at their disposal in a few short years.

EDIT:

Also, in reference to song that they are apparently singing and its association with the death of infant Ali Dewabsheh:

In December 2015 Israeli police began investigating a video of a Jewish wedding in Jerusalem celebrating the marriage of a person known to have been involved in price tag attacks, in which guests are shown stabbing a photo of the toddler, Ali Dawabsheh, who had died in the Duma arson attack. The same video contained scenes of guests, armed with guns, knives and Molotov cocktails, chanting a song with the words from the book of Judges (16:28), "O God, that I may be this once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes", replacing "Philistines" with "Palestinians".[74] A lawyer for the defendants in the case, Attorney Itamar Ben-Gvir, was also present and later said "No one realized these were photos of a member of the Dawabsheh family" - talking of the toddler photo which was stabbed and then burnt by wedding guests. Such scenes are reported to be typical of many such weddings.[74][75]

Hussein Dawabsheh, the grandfather, was taunted by Jewish settlers outside the court proceedings who were supportive of the defendant. They chanted in Arabic "Where’s Ali? There’s no Ali. Ali is burned. On the fire. Ali is on the grill" and "Where is Ali? Where is Riham? Where is Saad? It's too bad Ahmed didn't burn as well."Police and court officials present did not interfere. Israeli Arab parliamentarian Ahmad Tibi put up as video capturing the incident.[76][77][78]

In October 2016, an indictment for alleged incitement to violence or terror was filed against five minors who participated in the taunting. One of the minors was additionally charged with deliberate property damage.[79] In October 2018, state prosecutors claimed to have lost video evidence of the taunting. Honenu [he] issued a joint statement by the defendants' attorneys, saying, "The loss casts doubt on the ability to prosecute the case."[80]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duma_arson_attack

Edited by Shady Ray
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Since this is the second time that rocket surgeon's name has been dropped here, I would be remiss if I didn't refer everyone to the absolute best takedown anyone has ever done on him (and think of the territory that covers):

https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Chutzpah-Misuse-Anti-Semitism-History-ebook/dp/B072X6XGBM

For people who are too lazy to read, this is also discussed in an ALAB podcast episode on Dersh.

I neither support nor oppose. I respectfully abstain.

Not an option. Acceptance of inhuman action by “abstention” is support.

Just accept that we, the wonderful United States, the Shining City on a Hill, happily arm and support a group that celebrates and aspires to “erase” an entire people.

It doesn’t matter how much bad shit the Palestinians have done - and there’s plenty of red marks on their side of the ledger - genocide is the greatest of human crimes. And we should not enable or support it. But we do. And we CELEBRATE PROUDLY that we do. And your silence and “abstention” is consent.

“I neither support nor oppose the construction and operation of Auschwitz.” Imagine saying that. And realize that you just did.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Oh, great.

https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-news-business-media-hamas-middle-east-7974cc0c03897b8b21e5fc2f8c7d8a79

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — An Israeli airstrike on Saturday targeted and destroyed a high-rise building in Gaza City that housed offices of The Associated Press and other media outlets. AP’s president said the agency was “shocked and horrified” at the strike. 

AP staffers and other tenants safely evacuated the building after the military telephoned a warning that the strike was imminent within an hour. Three heavy missiles struck the 12-story building, collapsing it in a giant cloud of dust.

For 15 years, the AP’s top-floor office and roof terrace were a prime location for covering Israel’s conflicts with Gaza’s Hamas rulers, including wars in 2009 and 2014. The news agency’s camera offered 24-hour live shots as militants’ rockets arched toward Israel and Israeli airstrikes hammered the city and its surrounding area this week

Oh, great.
https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-news-business-media-hamas-middle-east-7974cc0c03897b8b21e5fc2f8c7d8a79

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — An Israeli airstrike on Saturday targeted and destroyed a high-rise building in Gaza City that housed offices of The Associated Press and other media outlets. AP’s president said the agency was “shocked and horrified” at the strike. 

AP staffers and other tenants safely evacuated the building after the military telephoned a warning that the strike was imminent within an hour. Three heavy missiles struck the 12-story building, collapsing it in a giant cloud of dust.

For 15 years, the AP’s top-floor office and roof terrace were a prime location for covering Israel’s conflicts with Gaza’s Hamas rulers, including wars in 2009 and 2014. The news agency’s camera offered 24-hour live shots as militants’ rockets arched toward Israel and Israeli airstrikes hammered the city and its surrounding area this week

Remember, to the far right worldwide - in Israel and right here at home - the press is “the enemy of the people.” This is on-brand.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

30 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

So what is Israel's argument? That the land grab during the Six Day War was totally legit and they are now just defending their land? 

Their argument is they need Lebensraum.

Edited by bolverk
they're there their
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

“I neither support nor oppose the construction and operation of Auschwitz.” Imagine saying that. And realize that you just did.

Asinine. This is completely different, but I guess that is where we are as a thread and society.

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

To be fair, voting for a ceasefire wouldn’t have resulted in a ceasefire.

Israel will continue to keep doing these things specifically because the United States will always back their play no matter how inhumane their actions. The Biden administration is just messaging Israel that it's business as usual.

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

Israel will continue to keep doing these things specifically because the United States will always back their play no matter how inhumane their actions. The Biden administration is just messaging Israel that it's business as usual.

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

Not an option. Acceptance of inhuman action by “abstention” is support.

Just accept that we, the wonderful United States, the Shining City on a Hill, happily arm and support a group that celebrates and aspires to “erase” an entire people.

It doesn’t matter how much bad shit the Palestinians have done - and there’s plenty of red marks on their side of the ledger - genocide is the greatest of human crimes. And we should not enable or support it. But we do. And we CELEBRATE PROUDLY that we do. And your silence and “abstention” is consent.

I don’t know about that last part. Abstaining from passing judgement because one does not know the complexities involved is understandable. It is actually laudable to a degree. We cannot be experts on everything.

That comparison is particularly loaded since we have the benefit of hindsight and it is a clear who the bad guys were.
  • Hook 'Em 2

You can’t make this shit up 

https://www.axios.com/jared-kushner-abraham-accords-institute-a3be5e91-928c-496b-a324-9b988e2984a9.html

Jared Kushner is founding an organization called the Abraham Accords Institute for Peace, to work on deepening the normalization agreements he helped strike between Israel and Arab countries.

The big picture: The Abraham Accords, signed in September 2020, were arguably Trump's biggest foreign policy achievement and the biggest breakthrough for relations between Israel and the Arab world for 25 years. 

Details: The non-partisan, non-profit organization will have a five-year mandate and be funded through private donations. 

• According to a statement, it will focus on increasing trade and tourism between the five signatory countries — Israel, Bahrain, the UAE, Morocco and Sudan — and developing programs to foster people-to-people connections between the countries.
  • It will also "provide analysis of the benefits of normalization and the potential benefits additional Arab countries can receive if they join the Abraham Accords."

I don't think this will prove to be same as it ever was...Trump drove a wedge between a majority of Israelis and a majority of American Jews, and I think a whole lot of American Jews feel profoundly tainted by the association with Trump and Netanyahu.  The scales are falling from their eyes. Many see clearly what they chose not to see before, blinded by patriotism, pride, and no small amount of fear for their survival.

This just feels different. The coverage over here is not the same. Biden seems visibly to be going through the motions, and knowing that people know he's going through the motions. More people have access to more neutral sources like the BBC and pro-Palestinian sources like any number podcasts. For the first time we are seeing Israeli atrocities broadcast here uncut. 

Netanyahu got greedy and fucked the whole thing up. My ideal solution: bring all the secular-to-moderately faithful Jews to the west and let the ultra-orthodox crazies go fulfill their apocalyptic dreams of martyrdom. Which would likely come soon, as many of them are too religious to serve in the IDF, so it would be up to them to defend themselves house by house, without tanks and fighters and missiles. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/14/2021 at 10:29 PM, F250 said:

Isn't the "self-loathing Jew" label just the Right Wing Jewish version of "No true Scotsman?"

If you are opposed to Zionism you are antisemitic or if you are Jewish and opposed to Zionism you are a self-loathing Jew.

If you oppose their Nationalist bigotry then that means you are guilty of bigotry.

It's a kind of self-reinforcing form of psychosis, especially with people like Dershowitz that went so far as to state, on Harvard's website, that Norman Finkelstein's late mother was a Nazi collaborator. His evidence? She survived the Holocaust!!! How could she do that unless she was a collaborator?!?! JUST ASKING QUESTIONS!!!

At the end of the day, their whole schtick is exactly that: schtick. Every logical fallacy known to man has been used by characters like that to justify the occupation, and every argument they've used to justify the occupation is a logical fallacy. The political right likes to bitch about so-called "identity politics," and yet they cannot for the life of them actually identify it when it's staring them dead in the face...off the reflection of the fucking mirror.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

"Palestinians have been killed. Some of these people are entirely innocent non-combatants, including children. This is an unspeakable tragedy. It is also one of the unavoidable burdens of political power, of Zionism’s dream turned into the reality of self-determination."

-Bari Weiss

Sounds no different than this:

"Jews have been killed. Some of these people are entirely innocent non-combatants, including children. This is an unspeakable tragedy. It is also one of the unavoidable burdens of political power, of Germany's dream turned into the reality of Aryan self-determination."

Edited by lmao

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Norman Finkelstein going hard on Bari Weiss

Casualty reports are hard to verify because Hamas controls the media (even the international press)”

I’m glad we have brave people like Bari Weiss to enlighten us as to the reality of Hamas controlling the international media.

15 hours ago, Nivek said:

I don’t know about that last part. Abstaining from passing judgement because one does not know the complexities involved is understandable. It is actually laudable to a degree. We cannot be experts on everything.

That comparison is particularly loaded since we have the benefit of hindsight and it is a clear who the bad guys were.

This is pretty much exactly correct.  Hamas seems to be the only clear-cut bad guy in this conflict, with Israel and PLA having their own faults.  I don't think either represents or serves their people particularly well.  I would not call any party the good guy in the conflict.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:10 PM, Neonmoon said:

So what is Israel's argument? That the land grab during the Six Day War was totally legit and they are now just defending their land? 

The UN resolutions are more of guidelines laying the groundwork to negotiate by.  They aren't "international law."  In this case UNSC 242 has been resolved through negotiations and is now superceded by treaty:

Egypt and Jordan signed treaties with Israel that reliquished their claims to Gaza and West Bank. 

The Golan Heights issue with Syria is not resolved with neither side honoring the proposed border.

Jerusalem and Palestinians were not considerations of 242, but those relations are governed by the Oslo Accords.

So except for Syria, 242 and 338 have been resolved by treaties and those treaties are what Israel is bound to.

-----

1515 never get off the ground because the 2nd Infatada wouldn't honor a ceasefire.

I haven't read every single post on this thread but I've got the general idea that quite a few of y'all are are big proponents of coming up with a way to really solve the issue that the Jewish people are causing in the Middle East.  Something that would end the conflict once and for all.

Some kind of a final solution to the Jewish problem...

• Fuck You 2

I haven't read every single post on this thread but I've got the general idea that quite a few of y'all are are big proponents of coming up with a way to really solve the issue that the Jewish people are causing in the Middle East.  Something that would end the conflict once and for all.

8642340b208b269d6e07327e79049fab.jpg

Thank you Captain Binary, but I like my Binary with bigger tits.
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Username checks out.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Is this a real take? 

The idea that the Jews need Israel to "survive" is self-serving horse shit. Not because anti-Semitism isn't real (it absolutely is) and not because they are forever safe (they aren't), but because it is very clearly a case of Zionist Jews using an opportunity to reclaim a perceived homeland and the West finding a very easy way to pay for its sins, e.g., giving away someone else's land.

That kind of cynical exploitation of a horror is bound to chafe and the effectiveness of calling on that specter is going to wane.

And as I've said before, counting on the West to remain forever in love with Jews and the idea of a Jewish homeland is braindead. Better to shield everyone involved under compliance with international law.

• Hook 'Em 1