Meanwhile, in Jerusalem...

Anastasis

The Mormons decided to coalesce in Utah, and things are going ok for them.  The Amish are doing well in Pennsylvania I think. Even the Scientology people get to do their thing here.  

It is hard for me to buy the idea that their religious identity and preservation hinges on Israel. Merge that idea with the depreciating value in Middle East fossil fuels and the current apartheid and crimes against humanity and it seems like a rather straight line to the US saying adios and getting the fuck out 

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

I haven't read every single post on this thread but I've got the general idea that quite a few of y'all are are big proponents of coming up with a way to really solve the issue that the Jewish people are causing in the Middle East.  Something that would end the conflict once and for all.

Some kind of a final solution to the Jewish problem...

Israel should stop punching down. That would be a good place to start.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Username checks out.

It was actually hyperbole...

But, damn...the hate for Israel from some of y'all would make make some Palestinian anti-Semites proud.

NOTE for the reading comprehension challenged:  I did not call all Palestinians anti-Semites.

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

But, damn...the hate for Israel from some of y'all would make make some Palestinian anti-Semites proud.

NOTE for the reading comprehension challenged:  I did not call all Palestinians anti-Semites.

I mean yea we aren’t fans of genocide. Would you like to make an actual point about the conflict or did you just come in to lazily call everyone who doesn’t support the genocidal government of Israel an anti-Semite?

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

They're not Jewish, so I think they're safe from you...

They're not safe from your broken brain.

Just now, Ag with kids said:

But you *are* calling those of us in this thread, who aren't too happy with Israel being an apartheid state, anti-Semites. Go figure.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I mean yea we aren’t fans of genocide. Would you like to make an actual point about the conflict or did you just come in to lazily call everyone who doesn’t support the genocidal government of Israel an anti-Semite?

See...

When you start with "genocide" from Israel, then why listen to what you say?

If Israel wanted to commit genocide - kill all the Palestinians - they could do that quite easily.  The fact that they haven't shows that you're just spewing bullshit.

And remember - the official policy of Hamas and the PA is the genocide of the Jews in Israel.  That's the OFFICIAL POLICY.

So, excuse me if I'm not on your side on this issue...

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

They're not safe from your broken brain.

But you *are* calling those of us in this thread, who aren't too happy with Israel being an apartheid state, anti-Semites. Go figure.

So, you're in the group of people that are lacking in reading comprehension.  I did not do that.

5 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

See...

When you start with "genocide" from Israel, then why listen to what you say?

If Israel wanted to commit genocide - kill all the Palestinians - they could do that quite easily.  The fact that they haven't shows that you're just spewing bullshit.

And remember - the official policy of Hamas and the PA is the genocide of the Jews in Israel.  That's the OFFICIAL POLICY.

So, excuse me if I'm not on your side on this issue...

Maybe you should actually read the thread because you clearly have no idea what’s happening. 

So tell us your thoughts on what Israel is doing right now? Is it acceptable?

Edited by hobbes2702

14 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

it's cute when right-wingers try to weaponize identity politics.

Just calling people racist. #sad

Not sure that's actually true, but even if it is... how does that excuse what Israel is doing?

Edited by bad_teammate

4 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

So, you're in the group of people that are lacking in reading comprehension.  I did not do that.

You said your kids weren't Jewish and were therefore safe from me. Get fucked.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If Germany wanted to kill all the Jews, they could easily do that. They’re just moving them into a neighborhood or territory surrounded by walls and checkpoints because they’re dangerous. 

Well...Germany did there best to kill all the Jews, so there's that...

2 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Well...Germany did there best to kill all the Jews, so there's that...

So are you planning on having any sort of substantive thoughts on this? 
Care to comment on what Israel has been doing for the last week? You’re ok with bombing news agencies and refuge camps? 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Care to comment on what Israel has been doing for the last week? You’re ok with bombing news agencies and refuge camps? 

thoughts & prayers

it's sad

unfortunate situation

i respectfully abstain

so on and so forth

20 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Maybe you should actually read the thread because you clearly have no idea what’s happening. 

So tell us your thoughts on what Israel is doing right now? Is it acceptable?

What about Hamas?  Is what they've done acceptable?

Israel is responding to their rocket attacks.  Sorry that Israel is better.  Perhaps Iran and Russia need to step up their proxy game.

Hamas, the PA and the Palestinians should actually come to the table and HONESTLY work out some kind of plan to solve this problem.  It would be a 2 state solution.  It's been on the table for YEARS.  The destruction of Israel can't be the starting point.

Step 1.  Don't throw rockets into Israel and they won't have anything to respond to.

Step 2.  Don't start wars with Israel, lose, and then bitch that Israel took your shit.

Step 3.  Be nice.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Perhaps the AP shouldn't shack up with Hamas and then claim aggrieved status...

Israel is responding to their rocket attacks.  Sorry that Israel is better.  Perhaps Iran and Russia need to step up their proxy game.

Hamas, the PA and the Palestinians should actually come to the table and HONESTLY work out some kind of plan to solve this problem.  It would be a 2 state solution.  It's been on the table for YEARS.  The destruction of Israel can't be the starting point.

Step 1.  Don't throw rockets into Israel and they won't have anything to respond to.

Step 2.  Don't start wars with Israel, lose, and then bitch that Israel took your shit.

Step 3.  Be nice.

You steal my land, I’m going to fight you. It’s not complicated. 

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

Step 3.  Be nice.

I don’t think anyone here has stated any support for Hamas so not sure your point. 

Israel is blatantly violating international law and creating a de facto apartheid state. Is that ok?

Are you under the impression that Israel has only responded when attacked first? 

Again do you have anything substantive or just misinformed talking points? 

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

The UN resolutions are more of guidelines laying the groundwork to negotiate by. 

They’re guidelines based on existing law, which is the Partition Resolution. 242 basically says that regardless of how emotionally invested certain parties are in believing otherwise, it’s still illegal to acquire territory by conquest and the partition resolution therefore stands.

Jerusalem and Palestinians were not considerations of 242, but those relations are governed by the Oslo Accords.

The language in 242 includes “Withdrawal of Israel armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict;” and that pronouncement was affirmed in the 2004 ICJ advisory opinion. East Jerusalem, Gaza and the West Bank are among those territories.

Edited by hpslugga

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

it's like a child pointing at another child and saying, "Well what about Johnny!?!?!?"

The teacher asked Johnny to use “urinate” in a sentence and Johnny replied, “Urinate...you’d be a ten if your tits were bigger.”

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

When you attack someone and lose, they didn't steal it.

Hope you're not in Texas - where we stole the land from New Spain (fuck Mexico, they only had it for 20 something years after they stole it from New Spain).

21 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t think anyone here has stated any support for Hamas so not sure your point. 

Israel is blatantly violating international law and creating a de facto apartheid state. Is that ok?

Are you under the impression that Israel has only responded when attacked first? 

Again do you have anything substantive or just misinformed talking points? 

International law is completely biased against Israel.  Hell, the UN Human Rights Council has China, Russia, Cuba, and Pakistan on it.  Complete bastions of human rights protections right there...

And it's not an apartheid state.  Just because you repeat the lie doesn't make it true...

21 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So you’re ok with attacks on the free press? Do you know what fascism is?

There were no attacks on the free press.  Yes.

21 minutes ago, qwertyu1234 said:

*their

I know...I saw that and went "fuck" that I'd spelled it incorrectly.  I'll try to do better for you.

8 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So are you suggesting we provide them with guided missiles?  

Well, not us.  As I said earlier, Iran and Russia (Interesting to know that Russia isn't the bad guy anymore, though) should step up their game since they're the ones supplying the weapons.  At least if they provided Hamas with guided weapons they wouldn't land indiscriminately...

Not that I actually advocate that idiocy, but I was following your lead...

• Fuck You 1

When you attack someone and lose, they didn't steal it.

Hope you're not in Texas - where we stole the land from New Spain (fuck Mexico, they only had it for 20 something years after they stole it from New Spain).

International law is completely biased against Israel.  Hell, the UN Human Rights Council has China, Russia, Cuba, and Pakistan on it.  Complete bastions of human rights protections right there...

And it's not an apartheid state.  Just because you repeat the lie doesn't make it true...

There were no attacks on the free press.  Yes.

I know...I saw that and went "fuck" that I'd spelled it incorrectly.  I'll try to do better for you.

Well, not us.  As I said earlier, Iran and Russia (Interesting to know that Russia isn't the bad guy anymore, though) should step up their game since they're the ones supplying the weapons.  At least if they provided Hamas with guided weapons they wouldn't land indiscriminately...

Not that I actually advocate that idiocy, but I was following your lead...

Explain how it isn’t an apartheid state? Like come on I don’t know how you could even say that with a straight face.

So we should just ignore the UN? That’s your stance? The organization we created to prevent conflicts that could potentially lead to world war we should just ignore?

Blowing up the building of two news agencies that have covered the human rights violations you’re committing isn’t silencing the press? Interesting way you have of looking at things.

Is what Israel is doing (forcibly removing Palestinians from their homes, bombing refugee camps, bombing media buildings) ok in your mind? Do you support those actions? Yes or no?

25 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Pretty sure Israel fired first in the Six Day War

They did and they admit to that. That whole fantasy about the Arabs starting it is pretty much limited to Americans, Australians and a few far right Israeli nutcases who live in the settlement blocs.

Slugga seems to have the most knowledge about Israel here.  Israel has to recognize the sovereign rights of the Palestinians. There should be 2 states definitely.  

Israel is going to fight that because any land they give back will make them feel vulnerable so that's a huge hurdle to overcome.  Another part of the problem is, they know, and most other people know that statehood will not end the conflict. Hamas, and those who came before Hamas have all stated the goal of pushing every Jew into the Med.  Hamas has to stop with the fantasies of genociding Jews.  Absolutely nothing will ever change till that policy changes, and they recognize Israels right to exist.

Israel has to stop expanding settlements, and confiscating Arab homes, and land.  It's kind of hard to not see that Israel is being exactly what they claim to fear from others.  You can definitely  be horrified at what both sides are doing. One side gets tacit approval from the US so they can pretty much do what they like.  The other side keeps fighting a conflict they can't win in any normal sense of the definition of victory unless they can get Israel to cry uncle, and let them go.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He’s not the least bit interested in that. I’ve seen that juvenile rhetoric so many times that I read it as a confession that “I have no idea what’s happening over there, but someone else told me to say this.”

41 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

International law is completely biased against Israel. 

Like this. This is some straight up crybaby bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

He’s not the least bit interested in that. I’ve seen that juvenile rhetoric so many times that I read it as a confession that “I have no idea what’s happening over there, but someone else told me to say this.”

Like this. This is some straight up crybaby bullshit.

I’m not claiming to be an expert by any means but certain things about this situation are obvious to anyone willing to look

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We talking about native Americans or Palestinians?  I am sure you would be cool if the native Americans in this country decided to start lobbing rockets off their reservations because this whole country is really their land and they want it back.  Maybe if they did it in OK or FL that would be understandable but still.  

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

Step 3.  Be nice.

Be nice, says the guy whose first post in the thread is accusing everyone else in the thread of wanting to kill all Jews.

You absolute fucking moron.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

We talking about native Americans or Palestinians?  I am sure you would be cool if the native Americans in this country decided to start lobbing rockets off their reservations because this whole country is really their land and they want it back.  Maybe if they did it in OK or FL that would be understandable but still.  

We, as in the white European conquerors of this country, have treated the Native Americans horribly. We would probably do well to integrate more of their culture into our own. But at least Joe Biden appointed the first Native American - Deb Haaland - to a cabinet position as Secretary of the Interior, the first Native American to hold a cabinet position. I think that’s progress. There are no rules preventing a Native American from becoming President of this country. That’s not true for Arab Israelis.

I’d happily vote for a gay transsexual Native American atheist if I thought he or she represented my values. I know what my values are, I can state them and defend them. And they’re first and foremost that all ‘men’ (which is a general term meaning everyone) are created equal. Government should be secular and provide equal rights for everyone regardless of race, color, religion, or creed. You should be free to practice whatever dumbass religion your parents indoctrinated you in so long as you don’t try to force it on anyone else or use it as a means to justify thinking you’re better than “them.” And if you use it as an excuse to steal someone else’s land, don’t be surprised if they fight back.

It’s really not complicated.

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1