Meanwhile, in Jerusalem...

Anastasis

4 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Which is why I said it's a gray area and that the rockets "could fall into that category." If they could, for example, show that they were intending to hit military personnel with that, there's no issue. What taps that shit down from "anything goes" into a "gray area" is the fact that those rockets have killed 28 people in the last 20 or so years. No one with a moral compass is trying to justify that. What honest people are saying is that even if these rockets are as grim as Israeli blowhards love to make believe, there's no comparison between that and what Israel does in the Occupied Territories. 

SOME rocket attacks might kind of, sort of be covered if you squint at them funny enough and use enough duct tape. But that’s not the limited argument you made, the argument you made was:

A people that are struggling to win self-determination against a party that’s determined to deny them that have permission to achieve those aims by any means necessary.

And that’s utter nonsense under any standard of international law or common morality if you even pause to think about the implications for a second.  I do think that a lot of people involved in this conflict sincerely believe that, maybe even unconsciously, and that does strike at the heart of the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Ugh, these debates always boil down to each side making the same argument against each other: “My side’s atrocities are not as horrible as the other sides; my side was forced to commit these atrocities by the other side; and my side’s atrocities aren’t atrocities anyway.”

I have no doubt that the weaker side (Palestinians) would do the same stuff if they had the strength and superpower military support of the stronger side (Israel). That doesn't make the status quo okay. And again, all because of sky daddy, both sides feel they have some almighty power or directive to act like this to please their god who supports everything they want to do. It's ridiculous. I think they all suck and we shouldn't be helping either side. Unfortunately, that might mean nuclear war that affects everyone, so I'm pretty sure we're fucked regardless of what we do or don't do. Human beings are a failed experiment. We are the worst species to ever inhabit this planet.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm flattered you need to document my posts. Maybe you could make a scrapbook, and press some flowers, and draw in some huggy hearts and such..

I’ll take a picture of my next shit since it will have more substance than your posts.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’ll take a picture of my next shit since it will have more substance than your posts.

Well, then I'd suggest you just stop responding to my posts. You obviously have things to do in the bathroom, I'll bet you have your hands full.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well, then I'd suggest you just stop responding to my posts. You obviously have things to do in the bathroom, I'll bet you have your hands full.

I’ll stop responding when you quit posting lies and supporting treason.  Buckle up, buttercup.

23 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I have no doubt that the weaker side (Palestinians) would do the same stuff if they had the strength and superpower military support of the stronger side (Israel). That doesn't make the status quo okay. And again, all because of sky daddy, both sides feel they have some almighty power or directive to act like this to please their god who supports everything they want to do. It's ridiculous. I think they all suck and we shouldn't be helping either side. Unfortunately, that might mean nuclear war that affects everyone, so I'm pretty sure we're fucked regardless of what we do or don't do. Human beings are a failed experiment. We are the worst species to ever inhabit this planet.

mosquitos are the worst.  Humans are a close second.

On 5/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’ll stop responding when you quit posting lies and supporting treason.  Buckle up, buttercup.

Supporting treason ? Spreading lies ?  

cue the crickets ?  spreading lies, and supporting treason....hmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Onboard 2.0

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

mosquitos are the worst.  Humans are a close second.

Mosquitos are open about being blood sucking parasites. We pretend that we aren't, which is a lie. Point mosquito.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Well there it is.gif

8 hours ago, 'stache said:

You got a mouse in your pocket? It's men. Not the whole species. Just men. Gotta control everything, and then destroy nearly all of it through aggression/violence/territoriality on levels from the geopolitical all the way down to the personal. Don't come at me with random outliers re:women either. Maleness is the more specific common denominator, as opposed to race, ethnicity, or any other identifier, in all of the shittiness of humanity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

And again, all because of sky daddy, both sides feel they have some almighty power or directive to act like this to please their god who supports everything they want to do. 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-china-among-least-religious-nations-1.5350737

A lot of Israeli's are secular so not necessarily sky daddy but ethnic supremacism.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, lmao said:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-china-among-least-religious-nations-1.5350737

A lot of Israeli's are secular so not necessarily sky daddy but ethnic supremacism.

Israel vs. Palestinians is pretty damn old fashioned. It’s about dirt and water and who gets to have it with an ethnic/religious overlay. The OG Zionists and founders were extremely secular to atheist for the most part. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

You got a mouse in your pocket? It's men. Not the whole species. Just men. Gotta control everything, and then destroy nearly all of it through aggression/violence/territoriality on levels from the geopolitical all the way down to the personal. Don't come at me with random outliers re:women either. Maleness is the more specific common denominator, as opposed to race, ethnicity, or any other identifier, in all of the shittiness of humanity. 

That’s a lot of words to explain you don’t know any women.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This guy was selected as VP because he was Republican enough to take some of the edge off of a black presidential candidate.

Now he's the leader of the Democrats and the leader of the Republicans is Donald Trump.

lol

Sorry for being dumb, but who is that? And what year is that?

19 hours ago, hpslugga said:

What taps that shit down from "anything goes" into a "gray area" is the fact that those rockets have killed 28 people in the last 20 or so years.

It’s not how many they hit it’s that if you live in that area they might hit you (or your children). It’s a terrorist tactic. One can make the argument that in the face of overwhelming odds terrorist acts are justified, but let’s be clear. These rocket attacks are designed to instill terror among Israeli citizens, not inflict damage on military targets. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Meet the new boss...

President Biden said that he had spoken with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel “for a while” on Wednesday amid escalating fighting between Israelis and Palestinians, and asserted his “unwavering support” for Israel’s “right to defend itself.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/12/world/middleeast/biden-netanyahu-israel.html

Not that this is a surprise.  This is one of those 'both sides' issues that drives some here so crazy.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/israel-soldier-palestine-instagram-story/

Israeli soldier posts video of bound and blindfolded Palestinians on Instagram story, implies they’re for sale

spacer.png

The alleged soldier is accused of shouting '2 for 100, 3 for 75.'
Mikael Thalen Mikael Thalen Tech Published May 12, 2021   Updated May 12, 2021, 11:44 am CDT
An alleged Israeli soldier is accused of uploading video to Instagram this week that shows a group of Palestinian males being mocked while bound and blindfolded.

Hiba Yazbek, a Palestinian journalist based in New York City, shared the footage to Twitter on Tuesday and alleged that the detained individuals were children.

“This is an #Israeli soldier’s Instagram story,” Yazbek wrote. “These are detained Palestinian children.”

Yazbek says that a caption on the video reads “for sale” in Hebrew. The alleged soldier, Yazbek continues, can be heard shouting “2 for 100, 3 for 75” while panning his camera across the room.

Yazbek’s tweet has gone viral on Twitter.

It remains unclear when and where the video was filmed. The alleged soldier who originally uploaded the footage to Instagram has since made their profile private.

The video stirred widespread outrage across social media and appeared to further fuel an already tense situation in the Middle East.

The footage comes after weeks of clashes between Israeli police and Palestinian protesters in Jerusalem’s Old City, home to holy sites revered by Christians, Jews, and Muslims.

Other issues, including restrictions on Palestinian gatherings during Ramadan and plans to evict numerous Palestinians from an East Jerusalem neighborhood, made the situation more volatile.

Tensions eventually boiled over this week, resulting in an exchange of rocket fire and airstrikes between militants in Palestine and the Israeli military.

So far, 28 Palestinians have reportedly been killed as a result of Israeli airstrikes. The Israeli military claims that 16 of those killed were militants. Rocket attacks by Hamas have reportedly led to the death of three Israeli woman in the cities of Ashkelon and Tel Aviv.

I’m confused. How is Israel breaking international law by responding to these rockets? Are the rockets not breaking international law? I legit don’t know why. Not taking sides. I don’t shit about this subject. I will do some googling 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m confused. How is Israel breaking international law by responding to these rockets?

"responding" is doing a LOT of work here

Israel is illegally occupying territory that it does not own according to international law. It is constantly expanding that territory by expanding settlements and taking Palestinian homes and giving them to Israelis. 

We could say the rockets are merely "responding" to Israeli territorial conquest. But there is no more "who struck first" when we're decades into the conflict. Too much has happened to break it up like a fight in a school hallway that just started. We're generations deep at this point.

We, as outsiders, should either be absent or enforcers of international law. I'm fine with either of those options.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden in the 90s.

(If that was a joke, I obviously didn't get it.)

Wow that was not a joke, that is crazy. Doesn't even look or resemble him in any way. He looks way better now. He looked like a slimmer Kevin from The Office back then, and I guess he got the LeBron James hair treatment?

This is the part I think we share we opinions:

We, as outsiders, should be absent of international law.

I also think we share the opinion and I haven't seen it posted yet, but I think it's funny Gal Gadot is being harassed on twitter for her response. Less funny but kinda funny is Andrew Yang getting it too.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

I absolutely welcome the pushback against "Israel is holy and sacred and everything they do is valid self-defense".

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

This is the part I think we share we opinions:

You can't agree with that AND be a Zionist. Makes no sense unless you think that Israel would actually be able to dominate as it does now without the West's money and military power.

Edited by bad_teammate

13 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Somebody get a load of this bitch right here.

Catherine the Great laughs while she conquers New Russia, Crimea, the Northern Caucuses, right-bank Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania and Courtland and then fucks her horse on her dildo throne. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Catherine the Great laughs while she conquers New Russia, Crimea, the Northern Caucuses, right-bank Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania and Courtland and then fucks her horse on her dildo throne. 

Several stories about the circumstances of her death at age 67 in 1796 originated in the years following her death. An urban legend claims that she died as a result of her attempting sexual intercourse with a stallion—the story holds that the harness holding the horse above her broke, and she was crushed.[9] The origin of this false account of her death is unknown. However, it most likely began due to unfounded bawdy tales. The fact that this particular urban legend did not even emerge until several decades after her death, and that the legend has no clear source, should make it clear that this is no more than an urban legend that managed to gain popularity.

Another story claiming that she died on the toilet when her seat broke under her[citation needed] is true only in small part; she did collapse in a bathroom from a stroke, but after that she died while being cared for in her bed. This tale was widely circulated and even jokingly referred to by Aleksandr Pushkin in one of his untitled poems. ("Наказ писала, флоты жгла, / И умерла, садясь на судно."—literal translation: "Decreed the orders, burned the fleets / And died boarding a vessel," the last line can also be translated as "And died sitting down on the toilet.") There existed also a version on alleged assassination, by spring blades hidden in a toilet seat.[4]

I know, I'm not a lot of fun at parties.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

"responding" is doing a LOT of work here

Israel is illegally occupying territory that it does not own according to international law. It is constantly expanding that territory by expanding settlements and taking Palestinian homes and giving them to Israelis. 

We could say the rockets are merely "responding" to Israeli territorial conquest. But there is no more "who struck first" when we're decades into the conflict. Too much has happened to break it up like a fight in a school hallway that just started. We're generations deep at this point.

We, as outsiders, should either be absent or enforcers of international law. I'm fine with either of those options.

This came up in the press briefing today. Psaki noted (paraphrasing from memory) that it is important to distinguish Hamas from Palestinians. Also noted that the administration (been in talks with not only Netanyahu but also Palestinian leaders, and leaders of countries in the region) is stressing the international law upon which you have commented. That Hamas sending 'rockets' (can't recall if she used that word) to harm civilians was bad, and also the loss of any civilian life, regardless, is bad. That the administration is encouraging de-escalation. Psaki also mentioned in passing the administration supporting a two state solution (my words, it was essentially if I recall part of the discussion regarding building occurring.)

6 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Several stories about the circumstances of her death at age 67 in 1796 originated in the years following her death. An urban legend claims that she died as a result of her attempting sexual intercourse with a stallion—the story holds that the harness holding the horse above her broke, and she was crushed.[9] The origin of this false account of her death is unknown. However, it most likely began due to unfounded bawdy tales. The fact that this particular urban legend did not even emerge until several decades after her death, and that the legend has no clear source, should make it clear that this is no more than an urban legend that managed to gain popularity.

Another story claiming that she died on the toilet when her seat broke under her[citation needed] is true only in small part; she did collapse in a bathroom from a stroke, but after that she died while being cared for in her bed. This tale was widely circulated and even jokingly referred to by Aleksandr Pushkin in one of his untitled poems. ("Наказ писала, флоты жгла, / И умерла, садясь на судно."—literal translation: "Decreed the orders, burned the fleets / And died boarding a vessel," the last line can also be translated as "And died sitting down on the toilet.") There existed also a version on alleged assassination, by spring blades hidden in a toilet seat.[4]

I know, I'm not a lot of fun at parties.

Catherine was one of the first actual enlightened rulers of Europe. Extremely intelligent, she had the greatest collection of art bar none during a goodly portion of her reign, was pen pals with several of the enlightened thinkers in Europe, and very curious, she was among the first to realize torture did not work, and ended the practice where she could, gave the serfs some control over their economic lives, created health services for the masses, and loved having younger men fuck her.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

14 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

If we can't fuck it, we'll kill it and/or occasionally pet it if it serves us.  

• Hook 'Em 1