Texas Southern @ Texas - 6:45, LHN

Machinator

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Some wild midweek action tonight. 

Florida lost to Stetson and Vanderbilt barely beat North Alabama. 

Pretty big implications there for Florida as they're right in the mix to host a regional. Might be a 2 seed in some regional now. 

D1baseball seems to be sucking off the SEC. Their top 4 teams are all SECSECSEC before you get to Texas - who is better than 5th in like every other poll I think. 

I have a hard time believing all of Texas, TCU and Tech would be the 5th best team in the SEC. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

D1baseball seems to be sucking off the SEC. Their top 4 teams are all SECSECSEC before you get to Texas - who is better than 5th in like every other poll I think. 

I have a hard time believing all of Texas, TCU and Tech would be the 5th best team in the SEC. 

Florida is really good but also inconsistent. 

Some team will probably be very pissed if they get Florida as a 2 seed in their regional. 

47 minutes ago, Machinator said:

OU Sunday game was just a sloppy effort from us.

Yeah. Very winnable game that we just couldn’t get the O going. Score in the bottom of the 8th to tie the game, only to give it back in the top of the 9th. OU sucks. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I really hope this team gets a chance to have a rematch with one of the teams from the season opening tournament. We are completely different. 🤘🏼

4 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

But, then Pierce has his blind supporters, too.

This is a HOT take, mainly because the only person here that is blind is the guy that hasn't been watching a 38-12 baseball team that is currently projected to be the #3 national seed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Welcome to college baseball. It’s a lot like college football. Does the sec have some legit ass teams? Yes. Are they often overrated? Yes. But I’d bet us and tech and tcu make the college world series like in 2014. Shit I wouldn’t be surprised if Baylor got hot and ended up in Omaha. But yeah I’m pretty sure we’re gonna end up with more teams in Omaha than the sec. God fucking dammit typing that made me want to puke. I don’t understand conference loyalty. I don’t want tech, tcu or Baylor anywhere near Omaha but sadly espn is doing their thing of manufacturing some sec love so fuck 

The Big 12 won't end up with more teams in Omaha than the SEC this year, they are too deep. I could see each having 3 with ours being the obvious and there's being any mix of FLA/VAN/ARK/TEN/MSST. 

Only team that should be behind Texas is Tennessee. Arkansas and Mississippi State are legit but I believe we can hang with both. The Vandy suck fest is real though doesn't seem to matter what they do, every site just says "don't care Rocker and Leiter". Those two are the reason though that it would benefit Texas to not be the #3 seed. Don't want any part of Rocker or Leiter in Omaha until the championship and right now we'd face them game 2 in Omaha potentially.