Texas Southern @ Texas - 6:45, LHN

Machinator

Guest Lobo

For non-conf. games, isn't 5 innings enough for an "official game"?  Come back and make last out, and let them bat Top 5.  We're still up so no B5 necessary, count the win.  Probably fucks with our RPI but they came all this way and we got in about 4 full.  Get it done.  

16 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

You're arguing with a guy that constantly compares Pierce to Shaka. 

His hard on with Pierce is almost as bad as BWG's is with Beard. 

I’ve never seen Shaka coach 3B.

But, the similarities between uncontrolled freedom to jack 3’s and mindless baserunning … 🤔

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

What’s the O/U on runs he can throw away in a game that will cost a W?  We had FIVE baserunning ERRORS at 3B/HP in one game we lost by one run this past weekend.

I wager that loss will be the difference in a regular season championship … 

Oh damn, you’d wager? With one fucking series left....really flexing your balls there dude. And yeah, our over aggressiveness on the base paths has definitely cost us a bit this season. Luckily we’ve got some juice in our lineup this year. 

And the Todd comment above, I’m pretty sure Hodo would be starting in left by now due to Kennedy being beyond worthless at the plate. I know that goes against the “Pierce would’ve fucked it up” sentiment but Daly is starting over Lance Ford and Stehly, 2 guys Pierce really likes. Silas is starting over DJ. So yeah I think by this point Pierce would’ve had enough with Kennedy in left   

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Agreed.....we get it Lowell.

an interminable replay review and now a rain delay for Lowell to do his standard audition for ESPN/mothership.  "If I could just get a catch phrase or talk about something that would make people think I'm hip or funny national ESPN will have to hire me..I just know it."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Oh damn, you’d wager? With one fucking series left....really flexing your balls there dude. And yeah, our over aggressiveness on the base paths has definitely cost us a bit this season. Luckily we’ve got some juice in our lineup this year. 

The point is poor baserunning comes at a cost.  Saturday’s fuckups probably cost us the regular season championship.

Now, as we get ready for the regionals and beyond, where losses are magnified and lead to a ticket home, I’m simply stating that Pierce needs to fix something that’s really not difficult when attention is given to situational awareness.

9 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

The point is poor baserunning comes at a cost.  Saturday’s fuckups probably cost us the regular season championship.

Now, as we get ready for the regionals and beyond, where losses are magnified and lead to a ticket home, I’m simply stating that Pierce needs to fix something that’s really not difficult when attention is given to situational awareness.

You're not simply stating "Pierce just needs to fix something."

Every weekend you come to these threads and try to compare Pierce to Shaka. It's stupid as fuck but keep doing you I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

No yeah I agree with you, just giving ya shit dude haha. I mean I prefer aggressive base running in general but holy fuck some of his sends are insane. Luckily it appears he can recruit and develop pitchers and besides 2019, we’ve been pretty awesome on defense. This has the same feel as an Augie team and that’s refreshing as shit. Now let’s do what Texas baseball does and coast to Omaha and make some fucking noise 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

You're arguing with a guy that constantly compares Pierce to Shaka. 

His hard on with Pierce is almost as bad as BWG's is with Beard. 

I argued with him about this last year. All of you are just wasting your time with him. 

Just let him get trolled like BitterWhiteGuy is with Beard. 

24 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

No. Losing to Tech twice and not sweeping OU cost us the championship. Going on the road and taking a series against a top 10 team - no matter how we lost one of the games - is the opposite of an issue when it comes to trying to build a national power. And I can't think of any other game this season where baserunning decisions were the sole reason for us losing. 

The shitty baserunning has been our Achilles heel all year but you can't have your cake and eat it while ignoring the chemistry, toughness, elite pitching, clutch hitting and badass defense that Pierce has these guys displaying.  

No one is arguing that it isn't cause for concern - but you seem to be down on Pierce because Texas isn't a perfect baseball team. Something that has never existed at this level. TCU did some dumb shit over the weekend too. The 1st or 2nd best pitcher in the country got lit the fuck up the other day. These guys aren't pros. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No. Losing to Tech twice and not sweeping OU cost us the championship. Going on the road and taking a series against a top 10 team - no matter how we lost one of the games - is the opposite of an issue when it comes to trying to build a national power. And I can't think of any other game this season where baserunning decisions were the sole reason for us losing. 

The shitty baserunning has been our Achilles heel all year but you can't have your cake and eat it while ignoring the chemistry, toughness, elite pitching, clutch hitting and badass defense that Pierce has these guys displaying.  

No one is arguing that it isn't cause for concern - but you seem to be down on Pierce because Texas isn't a perfect baseball team. Something that has never existed at this level. TCU did some dumb shit over the weekend too. The 1st or 2nd best pitcher in the country got lit the fuck up the other day. These guys aren't pros. 

If Texas loses the Big 12 it will be in big part because Hansen wasn't the Sunday starter earlier. 

3 Sunday losses to Baylor, Oklahoma State and OU. I think Kubichek pitched fairly decent against OU but I can't really remember. 

Texas doesn't go 0-3 in those games if Hansen starts. I'm not sure Pierce deserves a ton of blame for that either as Hansen has been trying to get right in these midweek games due to some arm issues early in the season. Either way, I think Texas wins the Big 12 easily this year if Hansen was fully healthy from the start. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

As stated above, we got some live rips and preserved some nerd math tonight.  Everybody gets home safely, our guys take care of business with final exams, and we absolutely abuse the living shit out of the Rice pitching staff a week from tonight (6.32 ERA/1.64 WHIP-somehow/.290 OBA/and a fucking psychotic 62 wild pitches and 71 hit batters in just 48 games---da fuh?).  

In shitty news---7 day forecast has next Tuesday at 70% chance of thunderstorms as well.  

Just gotta sweep WVU, not a lot to ask for...right?  

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What really REALLY fucked us is not sweeping OU and Baylor. And if Hanson had been healthy all year.....but who gives a fuck. We’re gonna be a top 5 seed. Our starting pitching is legit, our speed in the outfield and Faltine being a badass has saved us god knows how many runs this year. We got power and speed up and down the lineup. And we’ll be playing at the Disch till Omaha. Let’s fucking do this 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think Kubichek pitched fairly decent against OU but I can't really remember. 

I think he was okay. Iirc our main issue was not getting anything going against a team with 2 starting pitchers. Didn't their Sunday guy crack 100 pitches on us or something stupid?

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

This game should never have even been started tonight.....any freshman weatherman could have told us that.  

OOORRRR  started about 1 hour earlier.   yeah there would have been another weather delay but that would have been a short one.

we should have gotten through 5.5-6 innings if we had done that. 

• Hook 'Em 1