At a bar in Alabama…

McCroskey

And these fucking Gumps have me rolled up…the live music act is replacing lyrics with “Alabama” for whatever state it should be, and the locals here are predictably electrified over it.

Is this the most insecure, retarded state ever?

So far we’ve gone through Country Roads and I just heard “corner of Winslow, Alabama.”

Fucking kill me.

On 5/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, McCroskey said:

And these fucking Gumps have me rolled up…the live music act is replacing lyrics with “Alabama” for whatever state it should be, and the locals here are predictably electrified over it.

Is this the most insecure, retarded state ever?

So far we’ve gone through Country Roads and I just heard “corner of Winslow, Alabama.”

Fucking kill me.

Do you hear anyone tuning a banjo?

only way that "at a bar in alabama" ever happens to me again is if i am guaranteed to witness @RDCanecutter and @Bama Chick sing a karaoke duet of "dixieland delight."

not shitting you when i say that when i was in some shithole in tuscloosa after the 2007 alabama-lsu game, some white trash girl literally started jacking some redneck off at a high table in the middle of the bar. i think i have a pic somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sidis said:

only way that "at a bar in alabama" ever happens to me again is if i am guaranteed to witness @RDCanecutter and @Bama Chick sing a karaoke duet of "dixieland delight."

The only Alabama songs I sing are "Zip City" by DBT, and "El Rey" by Vicente Fernandez.

No. Zip it. Shh. Quiet. Yoooo seeeee bienquestoyafuera.....

• Hook 'Em 1

You're in Alabama.  That's on you.  But this does seem odd.  There are a fucking million song referencing Alabama that they could just play if they want to appeal to the local sense of pride.

You could definitely score some points doing this in Iowa.  I can count on one hand the amount of songs anyone knows that reference or relate to Iowa, and it's usually wildly tangential (American Pie) or quite uncomplimentary (Turn the Page).  

On 5/13/2021 at 2:45 PM, sidis said:

not shitting you when i say that when i was in some shithole in tuscloosa after the 2007 alabama-lsu game, some white trash girl literally started jacking some redneck off at a high table in the middle of the bar. i think i have a pic somewhere.

found the pic.  chick with blonde hair is actively jerking swisher sweets off at time of snap.  didn't know the dude pointing at the camera but i definitely remember that he took that girl home with him that night which was amusing.  left side of pic blobbed out to protect the innocent.

CIMG3217.thumb.JPG.723f1686be0fcca39c3517bad04ad6b5.JPG

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

This may be a fetish best kept to yourself. 

Or that I just have higher standards than some people for what counts as proof. Do I see a girl jacking off some guy in that pic? No I don’t. Neither do you. Maybe your fetish is that you’re too eager to believe that’s what you’re seeing. Ever consider that? 😛

On 5/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, sidis said:

found the pic.  chick with blonde hair is actively jerking swisher sweets off at time of snap.  didn't know the dude pointing at the camera but i definitely remember that he took that girl home with him that night which was amusing.  left side of pic blobbed out to protect the innocent.

CIMG3217.thumb.JPG.723f1686be0fcca39c3517bad04ad6b5.JPG

Was this at Harry's?  

14 hours ago, hullabelew said:
15 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:
Harry's down by the railroad tracks? First place I ever saw a dude get thrown out of a bar Wild-West style.
Also, I am perfectly fine not seeing any pictures of Swisher Sweet's weenie.

That's the place.

Yep. I had a shack apartment (now gone of course) next to the tracks, I'd wander down to Harry's, drink some beer, then shuffle back home along the railroad tracks.

Tuscaloosa looks like a college town, but right under the surface, it's really a Tom Waits song.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was in there one day and Harry comes in.  There are about 6 people doing some day time drinking.   He says, "Who wants some fuckin' pizza" to no one in particular, then orders about 20 pizzas to be delivered.   

Somewhere I still have a Crazy Bucket.  

• Drool 1

22 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Yep. I had a shack apartment (now gone of course) next to the tracks, I'd wander down to Harry's, drink some beer, then shuffle back home along the railroad tracks.

Tuscaloosa looks like a college town, but right under the surface, it's really a Tom Waits song.

23 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

I was in there one day and Harry comes in.  There are about 6 people doing some day time drinking.   He says, "Who wants some fuckin' pizza" to no one in particular, then orders about 20 pizzas to be delivered.   

Somewhere I still have a Crazy Bucket.  

How were the bellinis?