Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage

jetsfan76

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i didn't see the first one, so will i be lost if i also don't see this one?

No. The movie was dark and fun. Good special effects. Simple and effective. I doubt they’re going to give a shit if anyone saw the first story wise. 

the first one was fun in a poorly made movie that kinda nails it sorta way.  It had serious plot/editing problems, but they spent well on the cgi, and Venom managed to carry it off combined with Hardy’s......Hardiness. idk know how else to describe it. Like Evil Dead 2, but less intentional. 

It was a movie that no one would call good, yet you want to re watch it as soon as it’s over because it was Fun. 

I would be shocked if they can capture the magic a second time.  At the same time....Army of Darkness

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

the first one was fun in a poorly made movie that kinda nails it sorta way.  It had serious plot/editing problems, but they spent well on the cgi, and Venom managed to carry it off combined with Hardy’s......Hardiness. idk know how else to describe it. Like Evil Dead 2, but less intentional. 

It was a movie that no one would call good, yet you want to re watch it as soon as it’s over because it was Fun. 

I would be shocked if they can capture the magic a second time.  At the same time....Army of Darkness

Spot on review. I think it’s a 50/50 shot that this movie is a hit but wouldn’t shock me if it misses either. Although, Harrelson is really good and should do well. 

Interesting takes. I'll concede it might not be universally horrible like the usual Will Smith movie post 2010, and just say that I disagree and certainly didn't interpret this movie as anything but a junky hot mess stupid failure and waste of time, but can see how some people thought it was "Bad-good".

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 7:13 AM, DonkeyCigars said:

Disagree.

Making the symbiote/Venom into a “Feed me, Seymour” from Little Shop of Horrors is either unintentionally cringe and camp or just a misfire.

Just caught Let there be carnage on a plane and it was just cringy bad, which sucks because I'm a Woody Harrelson Stan and love everything he is in usually.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1