Jake Ehlinger OD Discussion and Information

Tex Pete

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Seriously, isn't that part of the anticipated payoff?

No. Not for me at least. It isn't a psychedelic. It just makes you extremely comfortable in kind of the unwinding way that alcohol does (but it doesn't really get you "high" like opiates). But when drank with it can really fuck with your interpersonal skills, motor skills, basically just ability to function as a normal, non degenerate human being. 

It's also really easy to black out on. So when I say "weird" I mainly refer to things that you'd never normally do or that you wake up and find yourself in disbelief at what occurred that you don't remember. 

Edited by ztejas

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

That isn't at all how this works. You don't boost xanax with fent like that. (And to expound - dealers do #5 all the fucking time. Its why some xanax sucks and some is good. It also isn't a "kick ass high" the way opiates are (but it is nice). Not even close) It isn't nearly as interchangeable as stuff like coke/meth/molly (or the main reason fent is a thing in the first place - fent and heroin or oxys).

If I took a quarter bar of xanax (like I always start with every time I buy any amount) I would INSTANTLY know if there was an opiate in there. Like... within 20-30 mins easily and I wouldn't touch that shit and I'd alert whoever I bought it from. An opiate high and a benzo high are VERY different - esp. at potent levels like good xanax or oxys or heroin.

The reason people might die from it is because they get extremely irresponsible with xanax use (like 4, 5, 8 bars a day habit) to where as soon as they get a new batch - maybe they've already got the shakes - they don't do any due diligence and instead just pop 2-3 bars. Well guess what - if those happened to be bad ones (which I have never come across in my life among dozens of dealers and batches of the stuff, for the record) yeah... you might wake up dead. 

Which - it is what it is. I'm not judging in any way here. Just explaining some of the social behavior behind this stuff because a lot of people just aren't exposed to that world and enjoy making false assumptions about how it works.

This^

And this^

And I know for a fact that TwiceHorn knows more about this type of stuff than almost anyone on this board. And I'm pretty confident I've bought, done, and sold more xanax in the past 5 years than anyone here. 

So think what you want - and I'm not saying I have all the answers - but I'd put a good chunk of change on 99.5% of the ILEGAL xanax being sold in this country not being laced with fentanyl let alone any type of opiate. 

Especially when you consider the economics of a lot of this. 

(Also probably not leaving this up for very long so save it if you plan of coming back to discuss)

Actually, I don't.  My knowledge comes from dealing with addicts, and, of course, reading about it because it's an important subject to me. While NA and AA are mostly interchangeable. and I have known lots of people over the years that have interchanged and supplemented their drugs of choice, most of my experience is with alcoholics, rather than primary drug users.  

I do have quite a bit of anecdotal benzo knowledge because it is fairly common for people with anxiety diagnoses to abuse it along with alcohol.  Or they "get sober" while still taking prescribed benzos until that spirals out of control, too.  And I have known and known of partiers that dabbled in benzos without, as far as I know, becoming addicted. It might appear that our subject intended to be one of those.

Anyway, from what I know of people that like benzos or are/were benzo addicts, it's pretty much like alcohol in pill form.

I wouldn't think trying to fake xanax by using tiny amounts of fentanyl would work very well and drug users actually do give something of a shit about "quality."  While dealers aren't exactly ethical or professional, if they're selling benzos, they'd better act like benzos or they won't be getting many repeat customers, and that is their business after all.

I guess there will always be fakes/counterfeits, but that raises the question why even bother with an intoxicant.  Your customers are going to feel ripped off either way, so why not just press up some baking soda into four bars and skip the fentanyl.

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

My knowledge comes from dealing with addicts, and, of course, reading about it because it's an important subject to me.

Dealing with addicts and getting those anecdotal stories is the best way to get a grasp on what it looks like out there imo. I mean it's where a lot of my own knowledge comes from (that and being an addict myself and spending time around a looooot of dealers). You can get a study to say whatever the fuck you want. Actually living it and knowing hundreds of others that did is the best way to get an understanding I think. 

I wouldn't call benzos alcohol in pill form. Alcohol is just too unique a beast to be pigeonholed like that. Xanax is nowhere near as euphoric or energizing as large quantities of alcohol. 

I will say I think a xanax high can be similar to maybe the first couple of drinks - in that it takes the edge off and quiets anxiety.

But it's still very different. Xanax zones you out and can really slow down your thinking. It doesn't get the party going and won't help you get to the back seat of your car with a hot blonde. It just kind of.... erases your primal fight or flight response. As a result, the experience that most people have is that it will knock you the fuck out. I mean if you gave a BAR (2mg) to most anyone that's never done it and then had them sit on a couch they'd be knocked out in 20 minutes and sleep for 13 hours. 

Xanax is actually a phenomenal drug (in the way that morphine was). It (benzos in general) mostly replaced a class of drug called barbiturates that were used to do the same things (treat panic attacks, treat alcohol withdrawls) but were much more dangerous in that it was easy to overdose. Something that most people don't know is that it is almost literally impossible to OD and kill yourself just taking Xanax. You could black out or be asleep for a week but on it's own it won't kill you. And on it's own - it doesn't produce a super kickass opiate-like high. It also does WONDERS for addressing situational anxiety or panic attacks.

However - for those that struggle with really bad anxiety Xanax can definitely be close to euphoric and create almost a night and day atmosphere. This is I think where a lot of the problems with abuse come into play. But check into any rehab or go to any AA/NA meeting and a very small % of people will be there JUST for benzo abuse. Because, and leading to my next point, on its own it just isn't that great.

Here's the thing about Xanax - you start fucking around and mixing it with other substances and you will indeed find out. (If you know what you're doing and have the right tolerances and dosages in place) It makes being drunk better. It certainly takes the edge off of a cocaine or meth high if you need it to (or even just caffeine or nicotine - kind of like how a cigarette just hits better when you're drunk). It will flesh out a good opiate high. It REALLY takes some of that paranoia/edge out of smoking pot. 

And THAT'S where it becomes problematic and almost always causes issues. It makes the OD threshold for alcohol and opiates lower (also the blackout threshold). Basically no matter what you're doing it can let you go harder and longer. 

So sure - there are people that just eat a bunch of xanax all day - but I generally find those people to be dullards. I don't judge anyone's drug use - but when someone doesn't really know how to achieve the high they want or "how to do drugs" it can certainly say something about their um... creative intellect? (I'm just rambling at this point).

Edited by ztejas
Jfc my spell check sucks
  • Hook 'Em 9

Oh you mean like the huge opoid crisis caused by a for profit endeavor? Weird how that works isn't it? No one is making Xanax like they are meth and stuff. It all comes from factories with licensing. Every pill can be traced back to a licensed operator, so why are there so many "dark" pills floating around? 
You and others can ignore what I said if you want, but it is what it is. This shouldn't be ignored simply because it could be seen to feed the current Asian hate epidemic, (which I still dont fully understand) as that won't help solve the problem.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/fentanyl-and-geopolitics-controlling-opioid-supply-from-china/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/16/magazine/china-fentanyl-drug-ring.html&ved=2ahUKEwi3v6DCutPwAhXLB50JHcVXAEoQFjAFegQIDhAC&usg=AOvVaw3p7URkGQwdRP6H8irX1b9Q

On 5/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, Both Tacos said:

What I find odd is that the police automatically come out to say that the cause of death was not suspicious. Unless he had a syringe sticking out of his arm or he took his own life with a weapon still in his hand, how can an investigator come to the automatic conclusion that there isn't something suspicious about the death. What exactly led that investigator to determine "Yep, nothing else to see here. Just a 20 year old dead." If he took something off the street that was laced, wouldn't that be suspicious? Wouldn't a little investigation have to be done to come to a conclusion that his death was brought on upon himself? 

It sounds like an OD situation and I hate that Jake was fighting these demons, but damn to say a dead 20 year old athlete isn't suspicious right at the scene seems odd. 

I think they do that with higher profile cases like this in order to get the media  and others to bug off during the week or so after the death to allow the family to mourn .    But sadly someone doesn't just die like he did and where he did unless something else is at play.    Especially a 20 year old who was probably in excellent  physical health.   If he were much older, it might be possible to believe nothing suspicious was involved.

3 hours ago, ousux said:

You and others can ignore what I said if you want, but it is what it is. This shouldn't be ignored simply because it could be seen to feed the current Asian hate epidemic, (which I still dont fully understand) as that won't help solve the problem.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/fentanyl-and-geopolitics-controlling-opioid-supply-from-china/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/16/magazine/china-fentanyl-drug-ring.html&ved=2ahUKEwi3v6DCutPwAhXLB50JHcVXAEoQFjAFegQIDhAC&usg=AOvVaw3p7URkGQwdRP6H8irX1b9Q

Fentanyl isn't the problem chief, prescription drug use is. It's cut with Fentanyl which sucks and causes unintended horrible shit like this to happen, but the Chinese aren't to blame for Jake Ehlinger's death. Drug abuse in the form of unprescribed Xanax and/or other Opiate pills is. Stop acting like he fucking took a bunch of fentanyl and died from not knowing how to do drugs go grandstand and champion your fentanyl being pumped into the US from China to kill everyone propaganda somewhere else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/17/2021 at 1:53 AM, ztejas said:

but I'd put a good chunk of change on 99.5% of the ILEGAL xanax being sold in this country not being laced with fentanyl let alone any type of opiate.

How do you know?

Fentanyl isn't the problem chief, prescription drug use is. It's cut with Fentanyl which sucks and causes unintended horrible shit like this to happen, but the Chinese aren't to blame for Jake Ehlinger's death. Drug abuse in the form of unprescribed Xanax and/or other Opiate pills is. Stop acting like he fucking took a bunch of fentanyl and died from not knowing how to do drugs go grandstand and champion your fentanyl being pumped into the US from China to kill everyone propaganda somewhere else. 
Fentanyl is the most tightly controlled subtance you can possibly get from a pharmacy, in fact I'm not sure there are many doctors out there who will risk their license prescribing it for any reason these days. (I have an aunt who got some 9 years ago after she had a second spinal fusion surgery, according to her it's no longer an option) Yet you tell me the supply of cheap fentanyl flooding into the country (from wherever if you dont want to focus on China) couldnt have possibly played a factor in this accidental death or many others? Ok...

3 hours ago, Newdoc said:

How do you know?

I didn't say I know - I said I'd put a good chunk of change on it. 

Most fentanyl ODs or opiate ODs in general are not from laced xanax. Like the vast majority of them aren't. If there was so much xanax with fent in it you'd see it happening all over the place (do we even have it confirmed that that's actually what killed Jake?). And on top of that I have enough personal experience to find it very, very unlikely that it is a common thing to come across. 

But... there's a reason we tell kids to not do street drugs. You never know and always run a risk and sometimes you get unlucky. Which is why you ALWAYS ask someone if they've tried what they are selling you and ALWAYS start with a little bit of whatever you've just purchased. 

Wouldn't hurt either if you dabble in that stuff to keep some narcan around. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Most fentanyl ODs or opiate ODs in general are not from laced xanax.

But a huge chunk involve Xanax. And you even said it’s a bad in combo bc it is. There is absolutely no denying OD and deaths are up. You can nitpick about Xanax all you want. In actual therapeutics it’s known as a shitty drug with little upside versus its benefits. It’s used in cocktail drug combisuse bc it’s a punchy, quick acting BZD, especially with opioids and when that opioid is laced with fentanyl or a derivative then you are playing Russian roulette with your life.  

3 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

But a huge chunk involve Xanax. And you even said it’s a bad in combo bc it is. There is absolutely no denying OD and deaths are up. You can nitpick about Xanax all you want. In actual therapeutics it’s known as a shitty drug with little upside versus its benefits. It’s used in cocktail drug combisuse bc it’s a punchy, quick acting BZD, especially with opioids and when that opioid is laced with fentanyl or a derivative then you are playing Russian roulette with your life.  

Hmmm then maybe don't do xanax and opiates together? Show me where I advocated for that or said it wasn't dangerous - in fact I believe I pointed out the opposite. 

You asked me how do I know that most all xanax isn't laced with fentanyl. I told you why I find it extremely hard to believe that that wouldn't be the case. Now you're just telling me things that I already know. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...