Greg Brown

Machinator

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

it was a serious question, your posts in this thread have me concerned sir

I don't believe you but you get an A for effort so we are good. And if you ever call me sir again, I will hunt you down and 

beat you with my walking cane. And then celebrate at Denny's Early Bird Special.

• 1 month later...

just a few months ago i figured he'd be picked in the late first round by a good team where he'd have a chance to grow into a nice role. now i feel like he's soon to be having a chance to grow into a role for Olympiakos, or Maccabi Tel Aviv, or CSKA Moskow. hard to believe that one year ago he was a projected lottery pick. 

Edited by shadow_operative

SIAP---but I take it he signed with one of those "non-approved" agents that prohibits him from coming back to Texas?  Or did he otherwise burn bridges with the program that also preclude that possibility?  

He’s not coming back. 

And if he doesn’t’ make it ever, the thing that will make me the most mad is those around him who pushed him to go to the league too soon will be the same niggas who will say it was Greg’s fault he didn’t make it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

Any reasonable person who watched him play this season could see he wasn’t nearly ready for the NBA.  He still has enormous potential but the odds of him reaching it without having come back for another year of college basketball are very slim.  That’s a shame.

How would one more year of college basketball change the likelihood of reaching his potential?

He’s more likely to develop by being a basketball player full time than coming back to college for another year.  

I don’t think going pro or coming back for another year of college will significantly change whether he ends up reaching his potential, especially not on this Texas team loses with veterans who are currently better basketball players than he is. 

In theory the recruitment aspect of college sports creates an incentive for CBB programs to demonstrate an ability to help players reach their potential. In any professional context the team exists to wring production out of players and get asses in the seats. This dichotomy is obviously an over simplification as CBB also needs asses in seats and the G-league coaching staffs also need to demonstrate player development, but the point is the relative emphasis placed on each. I have no idea which motivation will drive Greg Brown better, but some players will wilt under that demand to produce in the pros.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Llogg said:

In theory the recruitment aspect of college sports creates an incentive for CBB programs to demonstrate an ability to help players reach their potential. In any professional context the team exists to wring production out of players and get asses in the seats. This dichotomy is obviously an over simplification as CBB also needs asses in seats and the G-league coaching staffs also need to demonstrate player development, but the point is the relative emphasis placed on each. I have no idea which motivation will drive Greg Brown better, but some players will wilt under that demand to produce in the pros.

Nerd Alert GIF

• Haha 3

His wingspan makes up for his height to a point. I think you guys are making too big of a deal of a couple scrims where plenty of players played poorly. Feel free to look at Johnny Juzang or Kessler Edwards's shooting in those games. Someone is going to draft him in the top 40 purely based on potential. Obviously he's not there yet, but he won't be expected to play/contribute immediately.

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 4:31 PM, HtownHorn said:

Measured only 6'7", damn. Doesn't have the skillset to match that size.

Biggest surprise. Always thought his ceiling was super high even with being incredibly raw big man, but 6-7 vs 6-9 and change is a big difference. Assumed he was a freak athlete post player, instead of an under skilled wing.

While he should develop more being a full time player, he may not get the time needed from the NBA and ends up in Euro ball. 

3 hours ago, Ignatius said:

He left his teammates and went to the lockerroom to sulk. Fuck Greg Brown, he’s not gonna do jack shit in the NBA. He’s a quitter..

No he's not. 

And apparently you didn't finish watching the game you referenced or the rest of the season. 

On 6/26/2021 at 11:25 PM, gsoda3 said:

surprised at that number.  always looked taller than that, must've been the short shorts.

Everyone lies about their height, that’s why you thought that he was taller.

17 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Any reasonable person who watched him play this season could see he wasn’t nearly ready for the NBA.  He still has enormous potential but the odds of him reaching it without having come back for another year of college basketball are very slim.  That’s a shame.

Shaka sucked ass as a coach, but one of the smartest things that he said was “He didn’t put Greg into the game, because he was trying to win.”

Well, Greg sucked ass  and if you wanted to win a game, you didn’t play his ass. Greg wouldn’t have sucked ass as much if Shaka could coach worth a shit and/or if he had good assistant coaches, but he wasn’t & he didn’t.

Greg was such a liability that even Shaka knew that the team was better off with a clueless GB3 on the bench rather than on the floor.

7 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

"He should of got his degree". Maybe.

How much will he make in international basketball?

What the fuck does a degree have to do with being a better basketball player? A UT degree isn’t going to do shit for GB3. He would only need a degree if he some day wants to go to grad school. Otherwise there is nothing that he will get out of a degree that he can’t already get from being a pro basketball player. 🙄

Edited by Napoleon

he wasn't a liability against ACU. he was actually pretty great during the ~90 seconds he was on the court. his mentally stunted coach who'd failed to develop him was all caught up in his feelings over some dispute with GB III (my guess is Papa GB was vocal about his displeasure re: his son's playing time) and decided to bench him for zero logical reason. 

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

he wasn't a liability against ACU. he was actually pretty great during the ~90 seconds he was on the court. his mentally stunted coach who'd failed to develop him was all caught up in his feelings over some dispute with GB III (my guess is Papa GB was vocal about his displeasure re: his son's playing time) and decided to bench him for zero logical reason. 

I was just scrolling looking for the derka take.  It’s as I prognosticated. 

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Looks like he improved his shooting form.  Looks a little tighter than before and is out front instead of next to his ear.  

It def a little more center than before. It’s still too low. Needs to work on releasing from the forehead not the chin

19 hours ago, WJC88 said:

No he's not. 

And apparently you didn't finish watching the game you referenced or the rest of the season. 

He didn’t play the rest of the Tech game, and he played a total of 12 minutes the next two games, aka the last two games of his career. He went 1-3 from the field and had two rebounds.

What games were you watching, moron?

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I was just scrolling looking for the derka take.  It’s as I prognosticated. 

Pato, a broken watch is right more often than this little butthurt fan. Because of his incredible lack of knowledge of the game , he always assumes that its the coaches fault when a kid doesn't improve. And when a kid does improve, he starts to stutter and claim the coaches had nothing to do with the improvement.. Unless its Coach Barnes. This is the same idiot that kept posting videos of Greg when he was in high school dunking on 6'2 white kids that had little gooey's vertical which isn't saying much. I wish GB3 well but the schoolyards are full of kids with potential. Hope he gets straightened out quickly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Pato, a broken watch is right more often than this little butthurt fan. Because of his incredible lack of knowledge of the game , he always assumes that its the coaches fault when a kid doesn't improve. And when a kid does improve, he starts to stutter and claim the coaches had nothing to do with the improvement.. Unless its Coach Barnes. This is the same idiot that kept posting videos of Greg when he was in high school dunking on 6'2 white kids that had little gooey's vertical which isn't saying much. I wish GB3 well but the schoolyards are full of kids with potential. Hope he gets straightened out quickly.

Everytime you post I imagine you staring in the mirror like marky mark in Fear except you have “Derka 4 Eva” carved into your chest. Fucking weird dude

• Haha 3