Greg Brown

Machinator

58 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

He didn’t play the rest of the Tech game, and he played a total of 12 minutes the next two games, aka the last two games of his career. He went 1-3 from the field and had two rebounds.

What games were you watching, moron?

You said he quit on his teammates.  If you watched the rest of the Tech game you can clearly see him return to the bench and cheer for the team after he had his moment.  He's also seen cheering for his teammates in those games that he only played 12 minutes.  If that's considered quitting on his team, that's a strange way to show it. 

He was clearly immature and impulsive as a freshman.  Calling the kid a quitter based on the moment he had at Tech is bullshit to me.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Everytime you post I imagine you staring in the mirror like marky mark in Fear except you have “Derka 4 Eva” carved into your chest. Fucking weird dude

It could be worse. I could have a big heart on a hairless chest with an arrow through it that says Gooey Loves Rick. Being a butthurt fan for over 6 years is Fucking weird dude.

2 hours ago, WJC88 said:

You said he quit on his teammates.  If you watched the rest of the Tech game you can clearly see him return to the bench and cheer for the team after he had his moment.  He's also seen cheering for his teammates in those games that he only played 12 minutes.  If that's considered quitting on his team, that's a strange way to show it. 

He was clearly immature and impulsive as a freshman.  Calling the kid a quitter based on the moment he had at Tech is bullshit to me.   

Leon O'Neil is a quitter.

looking at the box score of the ACU game, it still bottles my mind how we lost.

We shot 45% to their 30%
We shot 35% from 3 to their 17%
We shot 81% from the line
We had 9 blocks to their 0
We had 6 more assists

This is a 85-50 game on 99/100 nights.  Only Shaka, could have fucked it up so bad.

• Rage+1 2

50 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Anyone else think Brown just looks ….. awkward? He’s obviously athletically gifted but something just looks off to me in the way he moves.

he's very springy, but he's not a fluid athlete. he sort of walks like a baby giraffe. comparing him to other athletes of similar size who've come through Texas, guys like Damion James and Jordan Hamilton seemed to be able to glide around the court, whereas GB III seems to move more like like straight line power player, despite his more slender build. it is somewhat awkward looking on the court.m, and combined with his lack of PT at Texas it does make you wonder just how well he actually stacks up at the top level where great athletes are a dime a dozen. 

35 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This guys did not play at UT. At least not the shooter in that long video hitting all of those 3s. The dunker may have. 🤷‍♂️

back in like '93 or something i was at the FEC a couple of hours before a game with my dad, and BJ Tyler was out on the court taking threes. after watching him swish what felt like 15 in a row, i looked up at my dad and said, "whoa! BJ Tyler must be the best shooter in the world!" My dad shook his head no and dismissible said, "everybody shoots like this in practice." 

• Hook 'Em 1

this is actually one of those things about basketball (more so than most sports) that the common fan, or even most hardcore fans, don't always fully understand. at the higher levels of basketball *everyone* on the team is super talented, and has the ability to look like a star in practice or workouts. a couple of my favorite recent examples of this:

1)during the Orange/White game in 2016 Shaq Cleare fluidly handled the rock on the perimeter, then drive and dropped a perfect behind the back pass out to the corner hitting his shooter right in the shooting pocket. he's got it like that in practice, but it nowhere approaching that type of play during a game.

2)i recently saw a video where one of those stereotypical big goofy white guys (Scal, Madsen, etc) was at Lifetime Fitness or something just shooting by himself when some dudes recognized him, pulled out their cameras, and proceeded to shit-talk him about he was just big but had no talent. he ended up playing on-one-on with one of the guys and it was like Michael Jordan vs George Costanza. he maybe played 1/3 speed and had the gym bro just tripping all over himself trying to keep up. weird how that happens when you spend every single day of your life professionally training at a sport with other world class coaches, trainers, and players.

bottom line: there are million la of guys out there with a very very high level of basketball skill, but only the best ~200 or so in the world at any given time will be able to have an impactful role as an NBA player. 

I've said it before about Kai, but he has all star upside. his track background, his athleticism, his instincts for the game, his form on his shot, and the fact that he was a track guy who didn't really play basketball until he was sixteen means his potential is through the roof. i really hope he realizes his potential and becomes a star. 

• Hook 'Em 1

this is actually one of those things about basketball (more so than most sports) that the common fan, or even most hardcore fans, don't always fully understand. at the higher levels of basketball *everyone* on the team is super talented, and has the ability to look like a star in practice or workouts. a couple of my favorite recent examples of this:
1)during the Orange/White game in 2016 Shaq Cleare fluidly handled the rock on the perimeter, then drive and dropped a perfect behind the back pass out to the corner hitting his shooter right in the shooting pocket. he's got it like that in practice, but it nowhere approaching that type of play during a game.
2)i recently saw a video where one of those stereotypical big goofy white guys (Scal, Madsen, etc) was at Lifetime Fitness or something just shooting by himself when some dudes recognized him, pulled out their cameras, and proceeded to shit-talk him about he was just big but had no talent. he ended up playing on-one-on with one of the guys and it was like Michael Jordan vs George Costanza. he maybe played 1/3 speed and had the gym bro just tripping all over himself trying to keep up. weird how that happens when you spend every single day of your life professionally training at a sport with other world class coaches, trainers, and players.
bottom line: there are million la of guys out there with a very very high level of basketball skill, but only the best ~200 or so in the world at any given time will be able to have an impactful role as an NBA player. 

In college for some reason we were watching Spanish League basketball on The Ocho. I semiseriously said I could take these scrubs. Next play showed former NBA player 6’10 Fred Roberts taking it to the rim. Maybe not.

On topic: I see Greg Brown as a Robert Horry. He will get paid a lot of money if he can knock down 3’s, is a willing defender and rebounder.

I think he’ll get more poise with more experience.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think Greg Brown has the potential to be a decent NBA player. Yes, he looks a little awkward when he runs. But... he has a real nose for the ball. I was very impressed with his rebounding this year. 

The best rebounder in NBA history was 6'7 Dennis Rodman and he was another supreme athlete who actually didn't look that fluid when running down the court.

Also for all the talk about his immaturity, I was pleasantly surprised with how he handled his limited minutes in the last few games.  He still encouraged his teammates and didn't really seem to pout on the bench.  A lot of 1-and-done's would have handled that way worse.

I'm pulling for him in the NBA.

• Hook 'Em 1