David Ash is playing Polish Football now

RGBIII

49 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

The average football player gross salary in Poland is 69 328 zł ($18K) or an equivalent hourly rate of 33 zł ($8.80). In addition, they earn an average bonus of 1 747 zł ($470).

a8baba873ffcd510ba05f79e7c58453d.jpg

Yeah i wasn't thinking anything near 50k

On 5/14/2021 at 9:44 AM, SimonBolivar said:

I graduated from high school with a guy who went to Trinity Bible College in North Dakota which plays at something called the NCCAA level after dropping from DIII. He couldn't hack it there so he left to go play "professionally" all over Europe. It seemed like a fun time for him and now he lives here scamming people all day as a leader of an MLM. Living the American Dream.

15 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

image.gif.5937f629df11645c2147c5250817372a.gif

No overseas football stories but I played a few games for a baseball team in Preston, Lancashire. I took some pitcher from the Cumbria team deep and then retired. The English dudes on the team were dorks who'd failed at all their own sports, the two Canadians prioritized their hockey team, and the other American was a foul-mouthed chiropractor from Long Island. We went to away games in cramped little English cars and the trips with those dudes were miserable. 

9 hours ago, stork642 said:

$18k?  Did I read that right?  That’s only $4k per concussion.  David you health is worth more than that.  

David Ash has a BS in Communications and an MS in Finance from UT Austin.  I have to believe any finance gig will pay better than this.  Of course, few finance gigs allow you to knock the living hell out of someone.