Hacks - HBO series by Parks and Rec and Broad City writers

Michael Knight

On 5/21/2021 at 12:33 PM, Js1 said:

I love Sweet Dee in this show 

Super necro quote, but yes she’s great.  I fucking laughed so hard at the scene when she was playing the Jurassic Park theme on the piano. It was one of those things that was just so absurd and specific I wonder if it came from real life.

We haven’t started season 2 yet, but really looking forward to it.

Edited by oSuJeff97

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 1:05 PM, Post Oak said:

The First 2 reps were great.  I'm so glad it's back 

This show is so, so damn good. We are through the lesbian cruise episode. I love everybody on this show. I thought Laurie Metcalf's brief run as tour manager "Weeds" was terrific and I think Miss Loretta is hilarious. I loved her line about Joe being a possible girls' name due to her being familiar with the book "Little Women" where she said, "I went to school with white folk." LOFL

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Damn. That finale hit. I hate how short this is 

Didn't help that both were short episodes. It's like they ran out of story and decided to split the finale in half. Hope S3 gets done.

• Like 1

Watched both seasons these last few weeks. Big fan, great casting, good writing, pretty darn funny. Only thing I truly hated was Jimmy's assistant. She wasn't funny or interesting in any way, just loud and obnoxious, and not in a way that is in any way remotely enjoyable. I also wish the tweet that got her blackballed was more interesting or believable, the way it was explained was pretty tame, and it's not like she's a celebrity herself, just a writer. Surely a writer's room wouldn't care about it if she was that good of a writer. Otherwise, no complaints. I'm ambivalent about the possibility of a third season. It seemed to end perfectly and I would hate to see them start reaching for plot lines like so many shows that try too hard and go too long.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 9:28 AM, RPM said:
  Hide contents

Deborah finally gets her talk show.

that was our thought, however unrealistic. 

wish the ava character was funnier, since she’s supposed to be a super talented comedy writer. 

she’s the worst character on a show that’s near flawless otherwise. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2022 at 10:41 PM, Celery Man said:

FInished. Great show. I guess.... that's good that they are coming back for a season 3 but honestly that was a perfect ending for the series.

Finally caught up on the last couple of episodes. Like said, that was pretty much the perfect ending for the series, but if they can push out that kind of quality for another season or more I am in.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally getting back to this.

Season 2 has been really good.

Lol Im currently at the scene when eva mom shows up in memphis.. haha. this bit killed me....

deb- "i need a drink, my own stalker ran away from me"

eva mom - "girls night out, wooo!"

eva - no " 2 friends someones mom and her boss is not a girls night out."

kiki and deb- "im someones mom... Im somones mom too"

eva mom - "ok! moms night out plus eva!"

btw. kiki a little blackjack dealing baddie!

kinda NSFW??

Spoiler

image.png.b987811cb119b5fa28edb2a12dcf4441.png

Edited by kingkoopa6
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1