2021 Astros Rangers hate thread

elguapo

This thread won't get much traction this year.  Rangers "fans" only care when they're good, and they've been shit for several years and will be shit for several more.  I popped into their season thread last night for some schadenfreude and it was one dude talking to himself over and over.

• Haha 2

On 5/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, TexArcher said:

This thread won't get much traction this year.  Rangers "fans" only care when they're good, and they've been shit for several years and will be shit for several more.  I popped into their season thread last night for some schadenfreude and it was one dude talking to himself over and over.

Yea those Astros threads from around 2009-2014 on Shaggy were real hot beds of activity 🙄

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Instead they are known as cheaters. Not saying I agree with that completely but its true.

Four straight ALCS and 2021 looks like a highly competitive season as well but let's all chalk up a large sample size of excellence to dumb shit that makes opposing fanbases feel better about their shitty jersey sucking. 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Instead they are known as World Series Champions. Not saying the Rangers missed with that completely but its true.

Truth

On 5/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, TexArcher said:

Not sure if you’re aware, but most people in DFW are screwed over by Bally sports. We can’t watch the damn games. There’s probably like 10-15 different cable providers in the area and only 2 of them kept Bally when it switched over from Fox sports southwest. It’s a crock of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Repped for starting the thread. Fuck the Astros. Always and forever. Hoped y'all enjoyed that series sweep.

Oh wait shit - I should have checked with spystud before posting in here - I might not be enough of a fan to talk proper shit since I don't keep score myself at home all 1,458 innings of the year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Not sure if you’re aware, but most people in DFW are screwed over by Bally sports. We can’t watch the damn games. There’s probably like 10-15 different cable providers in the area and only 2 of them kept Bally when it switched over from Fox sports southwest. It’s a crock of shit.

That sucks, truly.  If it follows the Root Sports playbook this will result in a 0.0 rating that national reporters will talk about for the next 10 years.

Edited by WBT

Rangers pull off the sweep and I actually like them a little better now than I did a week ago.  That was a pathetic (lack of) effort by Houston, and Arlington didn't screw the pooch and find a way to lose.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:24 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Wasn’t aware. 
Houston fans got a lot of shot for awful ratings during the rebuild but it was the same thing- like 80% of the org couldn’t get that channel and basically 100% of the ‘burbs. 

• 1 month later...

Is this still a thing? Decent game right now. I feel like we're too shitty for any actual hate this season.

Although I will say - it's amazing the trouble y'all seem to have with us despite how awful we may be. 

Edited by ztejas

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

we play up/down to our competition.  have all season.

we're a shade over .500 vs losing teams.

Well you aren't really playing down to us. I think we opened the season with a 3-0 sweep and you've won 9 straight.

Serious question for Rangers fans. I don’t follow the team closely. Realistically, what year do y’all think you’ll have a competitive team? This will be their 5th straight losing season. Maybe the worst in your history. Is there any reason for hope?

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Well you aren't really playing down to us. I think we opened the season with a 3-0 sweep and you've won 9 straight.

Astros opened the season with a 4-game sweep.  Rangers swept the following 3.  5 straight for Astros now.

I spent a week in Boston this spring and was talking with a few guys at the bar and they asked me who the Astros rival is. Is it the Rangers, they asked? I really couldn't answer the question. I explained that the Astros are pretty new to the AL and Bud Selig tried to force an Astros/Rangers rivalry, but the Ranger have been pretty much irreverent other than a couple of years.. The last Astros rivalry I remember were the Cardinals and Braves to an extent.

They all chimed in and said we like the Astros. They cheated, but so did we. Fuck the Yankees.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Serious question for Rangers fans. I don’t follow the team closely. Realistically, what year do y’all think you’ll have a competitive team? This will be their 5th straight losing season. Maybe the worst in your history. Is there any reason for hope?

As long as those cheap ass weird fucks from Baylor own the team I wouldn’t predict anything but a Pittsburgh Pirates type existence. 

3 hours ago, mycox said:

I spent a week in Boston this spring and was talking with a few guys at the bar and they asked me who the Astros rival is. Is it the Rangers, they asked? I really couldn't answer the question. I explained that the Astros are pretty new to the AL and Bud Selig tried to force an Astros/Rangers rivalry, but the Ranger have been pretty much irreverent other than a couple of years.. The last Astros rivalry I remember were the Cardinals and Braves to an extent.

They all chimed in and said we like the Astros. They cheated, but so did we. Fuck the Yankees.

the a’s and probably the yankees both sorta qualify, for differing reasons. 

rangers and astros need to be good at the same time to build something real. 

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

As long as those cheap ass weird fucks from Baylor own the team I wouldn’t predict anything but a Pittsburgh Pirates type existence. 

At least you have Jack Leiter to look forward to as he works his way up to the big leagues.

Odor made me dislike the Rangers too much.  Not the biggest Woodward fan either.  

On the other hand; IKF, Adolis, and Gallo are pretty easy to root for.

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

Odor made me dislike the Rangers too much.  Not the biggest Woodward fan either.  

On the other hand; IKF, Adolis, and Gallo are pretty easy to root for.

Does anyone remember which surly ranger fan  (or maybe from the old board) went on and on about how good Odor was and how he was soooo much better than Altuve? Was it spystud aka shadowoperative 2.0? It was hilarious even back then but, man, that hot-take aged well.

• Haha 1