Sea Glider

Neonmoon

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We took a hovercraft across the English Channel.  It was pretty brutal.  I suppose it was faster than a surface craft, maybe it was less brutal, but it was rough.  A goodly number of people chundering.

Too bad we missed our hydrofoil reservation to cross the Channel in 2018. That would’ve been an interesting experience.

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We took a hovercraft across the English Channel.  It was pretty brutal.  I suppose it was faster than a surface craft, maybe it was less brutal, but it was rough.  A goodly number of people chundering.

Yeah, my daughter lives in Newquay and is a cool gadget "shiny object" geek for things like the hovercraft.  She finally got to cross the Channel in one and her only comment was, "never again".

On 5/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I've witnessed this mass chundering myself.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:56 AM, Armybrat said:

Too bad we missed our hydrofoil reservation to cross the Channel in 2018. That would’ve been an interesting experience.

Went on the hovercraft on one trip and through the chunnel on another. Won't ever go again on anything but the chunnel.