Post Vaxxed Life

hornian

Yes, there's already half a dozen Covid threads, but not one for this specifically. For those of us fully vaxxed, what are you doing these days that you didn't for the past year+?

Here's what we're already doing:

• I'm eating inside restaraunts again (even though they are understaffed). 
  • I just sent out an invite for my annual Memorial Day Barbecue, with the caveat that if you aren't vaxxed you aren't welcome. Smaller guest list this year, but it's back, baby. 
  • We've stopped requiring masks at my office, as we know all staff are fully vaxxed. Still requiring masks for visitors, but with the new data, it's really to protect the unvaxxed, not us. 
  • Planning vacations - with kids - for this summer/fall. Planning to go to JazzFest in October (that will be weird in the Fall instead of the Springs, but glad it's happening). 

Can't wait to stop wearing a mask in stores/restaurants/etc. Looking forward to a real football season. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

ate indoors with friends in a crowded mexican restaurant last night, with real menus and actual salt and pepper shakers on the table. 

going to a movie tonight; i expect to get weepy when the lights dim 😄

bought concert tickets this week for a show in September. 

tight hugs for/from best friends. 

it's all glorious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

I have been doing all kinds of normal shit since I got vaxxed. Fuck masks. 

This. I’m fully vaxxed as are my girlfriend and family. Parents have already been down to visit twice, hadn’t seen them in well over a year. Traveling to Costa Rica next month. Eating indoors in restaurants. Basically my life is completely back to normal other than my minor addiction to hand sanitizer.

Edited by justhookit
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Pretty much fully back to normal.  I wear masks if the business has a sign requiring/requesting it.  Otherwise I’m doing all the things I did prior to 2020: eating at restaurants indoors, grocery shopping, bars, visiting with family, going to parties, etc.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Good fucking grief what a pantywaste thread

So… don’t post in it? 

Got one dosage so far but had the bug from Jan 1/9/21-1/19/21 so I consider myself vaxxed around the gf and her family who are all 2 weeks post vaxxed. I’m still getting my 2nd on 5/23. That said, been nice doing bar hopping and brunch eating not worried about mouth breathing anti-vaxxer morons infecting me. Sure it’s a possibility but I hope we are fine odds wise. 

Hopefully they get shamed enough to not go out or get vaxxed finally. We need to view this as dealing with flat earther types. No compromise with Their stupidity. Full stop. Kudos to all living normal lives after during their civic duty of getting the vax. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, hornian said:

• I just sent out an invite for my annual Memorial Day Barbecue, with the caveat that if you aren't vaxxed you aren't welcome. Smaller guest list this year, but it's back, baby. 
  • We've stopped requiring masks at my office, as we know all staff are fully vaxxed. Still requiring masks for visitors, but with the new data, it's really to protect the unvaxxed, not us. 

Not sure I understand these. Anyone can get a vaccine. They're literally begging people to get one. If anyone wants to be obstinate and take their chances, go right ahead. 

If I throw a party or tailgate I don't care what anyone's vax status is. That's on you. It's like inviting someone out to a fancy dinner. It's not my problem if you come but you can't afford it and your credit card gets declined. Should have stayed home then, bitch. 

The only people at risk now are people who choose to be. There are no more innocent victims, who were the ones to protect over the past year-plus.

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Not sure I understand these. Anyone can get a vaccine. They're literally begging people to get one. If anyone wants to be obstinate and take their chances, go right ahead. 

If I throw a party or tailgate I don't care what anyone's vax status is. That's on you. It's like inviting someone out to a fancy dinner. It's not my problem if you come but you can't afford it and your credit card gets declined. 

The only people at risk now are people who choose to be. There are no more innocent victims, who were the ones to protect over the past year-plus.

True except an anti vaxxer moron could infect a group of vaxxers. It’ll be light for them but still sucks they have to deal with it bc of an ignorant asshole. Take the gloves off. Deal with these dumbtards with the derision and disrespect they encourage and foster with their decisions. 

in the spirit of this uplifting thread though, I apologize for my honest approach to the cretins. So for memorial we are going to Vermont for a family get away and today had a brunch on the street with no masks to, during, from the restaurant. Felt nice.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, achooloco said:

True except an anti vaxxer moron could infect a group of vaxxers. It’ll be light for them but still sucks they have to deal with it bc of an ignorant asshole. Take the gloves off. Deal with these dumbtards with the derision and disrespect they encourage and foster with their decisions. 

I don't know man. Seems like to just let life take care of them. I don't understand the militant approach of anti vaxxers, and similarly I don't understand the militant approach towards anti vaxxers.

• Hook 'Em 5

This. I’m fully vaxxed as are my girlfriend and family. Parents have already been down to visit twice, hadn’t seen them in well over a year. Traveling to Costa Rica next month. Eating indoors in restaurants. Basically my life is completely back to normal other than my minor addiction to hand sanitizer.

Weird GF pictures are not showing up.

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Good fucking grief what a pantywaste thread

Only if you’re a fucking doofus.  What is the point of a discussion board dickwad ?

We’re headed to California for two weeks plus, combining college visits with vacation.   

I’m not really excited about eating out, Hello Fresh and Blue Apron have been home runs for us at home.  

I am stoked about being able to use a rowing machine and heavy weights at the gym.  I’ve been using bands and small free weights but I am ready to bench press again.

Lastly really looking forward to having beers with a bunch of friends who I have only talked to on the phone in over a year.  

That’s what this panty waste (suck burn bro) is doing.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I don't know man. Seems like to just let life take care of them. I don't understand the militant approach of anti vaxxers, and similarly I don't understand the militant approach towards anti vaxxers.

What? The militant approach towards anti vaxxers is literally causing diseases to spread unecessarily because people are being fucking idiots. There's a really really good reason to give people shit for vaccine non compliance. 

There is only very few good reasons not to take the vaccine and none of them include "you shouldn't either because it will negatively effect me".

It's like saying people that spout nonsense and misinformation are totally harmless and we should ignore them. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I'm not sure you understood my post. 

Think of it this way. If the only people who don't get vaccinated are idiot non vaxxers, then I could give a fuck what happens to the lot of them. 

Prior to the vaccine, we had a large swath of the population who was vulnerable. And there was nothing we could do for them other than try to help keep them safe by being responsible citizens. 

Now, the only vulnerable people are those who choose to be. 

In short, fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

It's like saying people that spout nonsense and misinformation are totally harmless and we should ignore them. 

If there was a vaccine that would keep people from believing what idiots post on Facebook, I wouldn't care what any misinfo morons post on Facebook. 

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

If I throw a party or tailgate I don't care what anyone's vax status is. That's on you. It's like inviting someone out to a fancy dinner. It's not my problem if you come but you can't afford it and your credit card gets declined. Should have stayed home then, bitch. 

Kids still can’t get vaxxed, and we have a lot of friends with young kids.  Not a 100% obviously; but it is what it is. As soon as they approve it for pediatric use my 5 and 2 year olds will be getting their shots and I won’t care. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Started working out at the gym again. Week ago went to the Alamo Drafthouse. Getting together with wife’s family. Really the only extraordinary thing I’m still doing is bring a mask in my pocket when I go to a business. If there is a sign at the door requesting mask, I put it on.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I'm not sure you understood my post. 

Think of it this way. If the only people who don't get vaccinated are idiot non vaxxers, then I could give a fuck what happens to the lot of them. 

Prior to the vaccine, we had a large swath of the population who was vulnerable. And there was nothing we could do for them other than try to help keep them safe by being responsible citizens. 

Now, the only vulnerable people are those who choose to be. 

In short, fuck them.

That's a fine attitude for the status quo, but think of it this way.  The longer this virus stays active, the more mutations there will be.  The more mutations that there are, the greater the chances that there will be one that spreads even more easily than all known variants, is more deadly, and isn't at all inhibited but current vaccines.  I, for one, would very much like to avoid that scenario.

As for what I have started doing again:  my own grocery shopping, scheduling routine doctor/dentist visits, and I will likely let a professional cut my hair the next time it needs it. 

Edited by idigTexas
OU sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2

Since being vaxxed I spent a week in Kentucky in February, a week in Michigan in March.   Golfing trip to Florida in April.   Got back from 5 days in San diego a week ago. 

Going to Colorado for a week in July and doing a long road trip from Fargo, ND to Portland, OR in August.

Had a lot of vacationing to make up for!!

I still wear a mask in stores that ask for it, but ready to be done with that. 

Started back at the gym in February after a year layoff.

Feels good man. 

26 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

As for what I have started doing again:  my own grocery shopping,

This is the subject I've heard people talk a lot about, when talking about things that Covid probably will change in their life going forward. Everybody seems to love the shit out of curbside pick up and never want to grocery shop again. Fewer on the other side that enjoy going to the store. 

I'm not an old fat fuck, so I had to wait until general availability for the vaccine. I signed up immediately when that opened up, but my the planned cesarian for my daughter moved up and would have been the day after my second dose. So, nope. I got an appointment for the J&J vaccine, and the day of the appointment was the day that the blood clot stuff came out. I showed up and got a text saying it was cancelled as I was walking into the store. So, I had to schedule another appointment. I just got my second shot yesterday, which I think means that i'm somewhat covered but still have another 14 days for full efficacy or whatever. Wife is just now getting her first shot because, while we're not vaccine skeptics or anything, she wasn't fucking with that while pregnant.

I think it's probably correct that the virus running wild on the idiots is bad for everyone else, but I also agree that I don't really care what happens to them, but I also don't think we're at the point yet where the only people who aren't fully vaccinated are people who have chosen to not get the vaccine.

• Hook 'Em 3

Not much has changed except I don’t wear my mask around family or friends that have been vacxed.   I honestly don’t miss going to restaurants, and we never really went to them anymore since we had kids.  A food truck park was nice.  
I’ll still wear a mask 100% in public until my kids (youngest is 5) are vaccinated.  mainly for solidarity.  I don’t want my kids whining about having to wear one when I’m. It doing it myself.  

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

This is the subject I've heard people talk a lot about, when talking about things that Covid probably will change in their life going forward. Everybody seems to love the shit out of curbside pick up and never want to grocery shop again. Fewer on the other side that enjoy going to the store. 

I do love the shit out of curbside, but I'm picky as hell about my food.  I often meal plan on the fly, depending on the quality of the available ingredients.  Selecting my own produce and meat, and not having to explain my complicated acceptable substitution rules is more important to me. 

That said, I have nothing but good things to say about the hired shoppers at the Westgate Central Market, and will likely use them again on occasion.  I was generally very pleased with the substitutions they made when necessary.   

12 hours ago, hornian said:

Kids still can’t get vaxxed, and we have a lot of friends with young kids.  Not a 100% obviously; but it is what it is. As soon as they approve it for pediatric use my 5 and 2 year olds will be getting their shots and I won’t care. 

I’ve got 10, 8 and 6 year olds and don’t give a fuck about the idea of them being around anyone who could be positive, nor do I care if they wear masks- but yours is not an unreasonable position here probably just a little over cautious (and I might well be under cautious). I will be getting my kids vaxed. I had the same question as trips re why any vaxed person would care if someone they are around us unvaxed. This makes some sense. Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Celery Man said:

but I also don't think we're at the point yet where the only people who aren't fully vaccinated are people who have chosen to not get the vaccine.

Undoubtedly correct, but the time is coming and it’s not far away, and for those who are responsible but aren’t quite there yet they can mask up, social distance or quarantine for a bit longer if they feel that’s necessary for them. They just are standing at the end of the line. Not everyone gets to ride the line at Disney land or south Austin’s mom at the same time. Some will go sooner and some will cum later. 

• Hook 'Em 1