Post Vaxxed Life

hornian

Given the recent upticks in cases, I’m starting to put a mask on at stores again. It’s really no big deal so why not.
I believe the vaccine will protect me from hospitalization but I don’t want to catch COVID

Exactly how I feel

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Given the recent upticks in cases, I’m starting to put a mask on at stores again. It’s really no big deal so why not.

I believe the vaccine will protect me from hospitalization but I don’t want to catch COVID

I’m seeing an increase in masks at HEB. A few weeks ago it seemed like nobody was wearing one.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Two vaxxes later (j&j plus supplemental Pfizer), delta got me. Fucking virus man. Doing ok for now, but y’all stay safe, vaxxed or not. 

Shit man, sorry to hear this.  Any idea how you got it?  Keep us posted on how you're feeling.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Shit man, sorry to hear this.  Any idea how you got it?  Keep us posted on how you're feeling.  

Timing suggests 5 day trip to Chicago a couple of weeks ago. I was masking and mostly outside, but 80% of others were not. Could have been anywhere though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Timing suggests 5 day trip to Chicago a couple of weeks ago. I was masking and mostly outside, but 80% of others were not. Could have been anywhere though. 

Well that would suggest you got it before even getting a dose of the Pfizer vaccine. When did you get sick? A couple weeks is an extraordinarily long incubation period for delta. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Well that would suggest you got it before even getting a dose of the Pfizer vaccine. When did you get sick? A couple weeks is an extraordinarily long incubation period for delta. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Got back from Chicago on Sunday, started feeling it on Friday.

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Two vaxxes later (j&j plus supplemental Pfizer), delta got me. Fucking virus man. Doing ok for now, but y’all stay safe, vaxxed or not. 

Is there any evidence boosters work on the delta variant?  This points to the opposite.

So I've mentioned to each of my kids, both vaccinated, that we need to start masking up in indoor spaces outside of the house or where everyone is not vaccinated.  Their response was, "Yeah, I get it."  I don't have a lot of parenting wins, but apparently I've done something right.

• Like 1

I will say this - If this messes up High School Football season... I'm gonna be TNT. I know there are bigger battles out there to worry about but this is Texas and ... I got my whole family vaccinated since the kids are over the age. I feel for the parents who have children under the age. What a mess.