Post Vaxxed Life

hornian

17 hours ago, immamac said:

My wife flew in for the weekend after the CDC guidance and announcement. Compliance sounds a lot like brainwashing to me doesn't it? Lololol

Compliance is relative to location.  And should be.  IMO.  I wouldn't expect a metropolis to have the same compliance as a small town city.  Are the people of NYC brainwashed too?

Edited by Hmmm

1 hour ago, Hmmm said:

Compliance is relative to location.  And should be.  IMO.  I wouldn't expect a metropolis to have the same compliance as a small town city.  Are the people of NYC brainwashed too?

Yes, that is literally what I'm saying. People who wear masks after they are vaccinated are brainwashed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

fully vaxxed, but I am on an immunosuppressive drug (Remicade) that they are now saying may limit the efficacy of the vaccine.  Probably need to get an an antibody test to see how I'm looking.  Initial word is that if you had Pfizer or Moderna, getting the boost with the J&J vaccine seems to boost you right up.  

On 5/16/2021 at 8:53 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

If you haven’t been going to the gym consistently since June ‘20, then that’s on you. I also would’ve gone to movie theatres since then but haven’t seen any movie worth going to. 

I just don’t want to be hassled in a business and will comply. It’s their right to do whatever they want. If it’s some rando I’ll ignore them, then show them my vax card, then sneeze violently to show them I’m dangerous. 

Went to outside workouts when they were offered up until I was vaxxed in March.  Thereafter started going to workout classes indoors.  HIIT with a mask on SUCKS.  Gym finally dropped mask mandate two weeks ago at the same time they reduced class sizes down.  

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Went to outside workouts when they were offered up until I was vaxxed in March.  Thereafter started going to workout classes indoors.  HIIT with a mask on SUCKS.  Gym finally dropped mask mandate two weeks ago at the same time they reduced class sizes down.  

I'm finally going back to Orange Theory starting tomorrow.  They just dropped the mask mandate in CO for gyms this week.  I tried skiing with a mask on (not because I was afraid of getting anything, but because it's a PITA to put a mask on and off while wearing a helmet).  Almost asphyxiated myself.  Had to rip it off halfway down the mountain.  Zero chance I could do an OTF class with one on.

this is a simple thing but boy did it make me happy...i got to go IN the library today! and browse books and select a bunch of random ones that may or may not be good...

i found browsing online nearly impossible, as you almost had to know what book and/or author you were looking for. granted i found a couple of new authors that i enjoyed...but my normal MO is to do as above and just pick a stack of random books and see how they are. 

so...that was good 🤓

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Spent the weekend going to my wife's nephews high school graduation in rural Arkansas.  No masks, full capacity, and knowing this town, the ceiling on vaccinations of prolly 25%.  

'Bout to see if that Pfizer works.

I went to a bowling alley in Tyler TX back in March (fully vaxxed), and Smith County is only at 34% vaxed as of May.  That place was packed with every manner and means of unvaxxed, unwashed masses.  I survived, but I was a bit grossed out generally.  I didn't get Covid, but I felt like I needed a tetanus shot.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife flew in for the weekend after the CDC guidance and announcement. Compliance sounds a lot like brainwashing to me doesn't it? Lololol

What part of Chicago? I was in the weekend before and spent most of the time in River North. Wear the mask to get inside and from there more or less free for all once you got “seated”.

Went to Wrigley and had good seats behind home plate, they didn’t give much of shit.

The blarts weren’t wearing a mask anywhere.

Side note, (no cloak room) they were looking to be challenged.

Double side note, I hope the outside tables/streets blocked off stays in the summer. A beautiful Chicago summer afternoon that shit would be awesome. We never were out there since it was cold and rainy but several people wouldn’t go inside unless to piss.

Only downside was they added a 5% covid grat to all checks. You could ask to remove it, but I didn’t want to be that asshole. At least their suggested tip didn’t include that. In SF their suggested tip included all 123443 taxes then calculated the tax.

he just said his gym had a mask mandate. as did pretty much everywhere.

When it finally opened last October, my downtown Houston gym only required masks if you couldn’t social distance inside the gym which was never.

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Why were you ever working out with a mask on?  It’s like watching pre-teen boys and girls wear masks playing basketball. 

Because that is what was required and I wasn't going to be that asshole who refused to wear one.

Lakewood only recently dropped the mask requirement for members indoors (I think it was less than a week before CDC revised its guidance in that regard), So, I'd have had to wear one inside the fitness room too.

5 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Why were you ever working out with a mask on?  It’s like watching pre-teen boys and girls wear masks playing basketball. 

Our club has a very limited capacity indoors and still has a mask mandate.  Even with a lightweight one, it was tough on the elliptical to not feel like I was suffocating. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 6:55 PM, gmr548 said:

My girlfriend has a Master’s in Public Health. Throughout the pandemic we were likely pretty far to the right side of the bell curve in terms of precautions - both worked from home, extreme curtailing of social activity, etc. No restaurants, gyms, whatever. Took a couple driving trips to the coast and mountains where lack of people was a constant. Part of that was both of us have 60+ parents with health issues and part of it is when you are with a MPH you tend to adhere to public health guidance as a household, even if for me personally, not dining outside was a little draconian.

All restrictions are off for us since being fully vaccinated in April. Been to a wedding, just got back from New Orleans, dining out again, etc. the vaccine was always the endgame. I don’t know what else you’d be waiting for absent regularly seeing someone in your life who is significantly immunocompromised and/or cannot be vaccinated.

I’ll still throw a mask on if a place requires it because I’m not a Karen, but it would seem that is about to become a lot less ubiquitous.

I have an MPH and work in Public Health, too.  My husband could have written the same thing.

There were so many frustrating episodes during this horrible ordeal.  The Karens.  Shitting on Dr. Fauci.  Disrespect for Public Health guidelines.  Armchair Epidemiologists.  The politics of a virus.  It's a virus.  It doesn't have feelings.  It isn't an R or a D.  It isn't Transgender and it doesn't want to use your bathroom.  It's a fucking virus.

I haven't commented much or given my background on this board because of the shit I saw posted.  I applaud those of you that can argue with brick walls.  I don't have the tolerance for people who don't understand the scientific method.  It is a very basic principle and very easy to understand.  

Anyway, the vaccine is here.  It is an amazing achievement, but it is not a miracle.  It's science.  You know, the science that a certain segment of society was hell bent on shitting on for the past year because they couldn't get their doughnut fix without a mask.  Muh Rights.  Rant over.

Edited by tigol
More stuff.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

so. i went to Trader Joe's yesterday. on Tuesday i had seen the press release that TJ's nationwide (except CA) would no longer require masks.

every sign had been taken down, not even a "recommended" sign... so i (happily) ditched the mask.

i was literally the only person without one. i felt conspicuous and almost put it on... but then i thought 'somebody has to start getting us back to normal' so i didn't. 

it was weird. someone somewhere is prolly bitching about the lady in TJ's without a mask...but i mean, come on.

if you trusted the science before (i did), you should trust it now (i do). seems hypocritical otherwise.

(edited bc Trader Joe's not TJ Max 🙂)

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, tigol said:

I have an MPH and work in Public Health, too.  My husband could have written the same thing.

There were so many frustrating episodes during this horrible ordeal.  The Karens.  Shitting on Dr. Fauci.  Disrespect for Public Health guidelines.  Armchair Epidemiologists.  The politics of a virus.  It's a virus.  It doesn't have feelings.  It isn't an R or a D.  It isn't Transgender and it doesn't want to use your bathroom.  It's a fucking virus.

I haven't commented much or given my background on this board because of the shit I saw posted.  I applaud those of you that can argue with brick walls.  I don't have the tolerance for people who don't understand the scientific method.  It is a very basic principle and very easy to understand.  

Anyway, the vaccine is here.  It is an amazing achievement, but it is not a miracle.  It's science.  You know, the science that a certain segment of society was hell bent on shitting on for the past year because they couldn't get their doughnut fix without a mask.  Muh Rights.  Rant over.

If you think there are brick walls here, then don’t ever venture to read the Covid threads on the typical firearms message boards.

Alcoa can’t produce enough product to keep up with the market there.

If you think there are brick walls here, then don’t ever venture to read the Covid threads on the typical firearms message boards.
Alcoa can’t produce enough product to keep up with the market there.

You won’t find me on a firearms board.
  • Haha 1

Masks are about done at Lowe’s on Shoal Creek. Maybe 20% of customers had on a mask today. Many workers didn’t have one. What was interesting was that a large number of the unmasked were carrying one in their hand. I guess they went in with one just in case peer pressure got to them.

On 5/18/2021 at 12:58 PM, immamac said:

Yes, that is literally what I'm saying. People who wear masks after they are vaccinated are brainwashed. 

Or their doctors have suggested they continue to wear them if they have medical conditions that put them at risk.  Do you know how many people these days have diabetes?  For some of them it can be serious enough that post-vaccine they are still at risk of some dangerous complications if they catch it.

Or they have family/coworkers/etc. that they come in close contact with that are vulnerable and they don't want to risk passing it on.

In just 1 county we already have 8 deaths and 82 hospitalizations of those who caught Covid post-vaccine.  Percentage wise that's still a tiny number, but of course increases when you narrow that down to those with riskier underlying conditions.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-county-reports-506-covid-19-cases-8-deaths-among-fully-vaccinated-people

...Dallas County health officials say the eight fully vaccinated people who died were immunocompromised, on immunosuppressant medication or had high-risk underlying health conditions. 

But despite these breakthrough cases, doctors say the vaccines are still very effective. 

"We know these vaccines aren’t going to be 100% effective," said Dallas County Medical Society President Dr. Beth Kassanoff-Piper. "There’s really no vaccine that is that good."

Dallas County Health and Human Services is reporting 506 breakthrough COVID-19 cases out of the more than 848,000 fully vaccinated people in the county so far. Of those cases, 82 people have been hospitalized and eight have died.

"Some breakthroughs are expected, but they’re very few and generally speaking," Kassanoff-Piper said. "Most people who get a breakthrough infection do extremely well. Their symptoms are very mild or even asymptomatic."

As CDC guidance changes on masks and Texas bans cities and counties from requiring them, doctors say those with underlying conditions or taking immunosuppressant medications may need extra precautions.

"Those people, even if they’re fully vaccinated, really need to talk to their doctor about their personal risk," Kassanoff-Piper said. "And it may not be wise for those people to go unmasked. What worries us though is are the people who are not yet vaccinated are gonna feel like this means I can do what I want to do. If I don’t want to wear a mask, I don’t have to. They’re putting themselves at risk."

As efforts to get more people vaccinated continue, UT Southwestern has identified the first two cases of a new COVID-19 variant from India in North Texas.

"This one seems to be 60 percent more transmissible than the usual virus," explained Dr. Jeffrey SoRelle, UT Southwestern assistant instructor of pathology....

You don’t like our new camo greens?  Many greens have Bermuda AIDS. The switch from Bent had gone very well - until the polar vortex. Our golf course looks like a goat ranch right now. 

Come play with me at Lakewood sometime.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:19 AM, Dr. Beeper said:

Is this a serious question?  The only reasons the vaxxed people of NYC have for wearing masks is a) they’re retarded or b) they don’t want to get hassled. I hosted 5 family members in Dallas from the city or Woodstock a few weekends ago. Those in the city were relieved to be out and not wearing masks. They just don’t wanna be hassled. 

Absolutely not true for every city.  Businesses in some places still require masks.  Is that so hard to understand?  And stick with me here - the business owners, for the most part, do not want to enforce the mask mandate.  

I'm done with this conversation around blanket statements about an entire city being brainwashed or retarded.  Good troll job, though, guys.  

15 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah, then those people in those cities don’t want to get hassled, and the retarded people are the municipalities enforcing this. There’s no trolling going on. Look at the text you bolded.  Dumbass. 

Yes, the quote I bolded is a blanket statement.  Now, you've added qualifiers and it's more rationale.

You guys with your blanket statements have me thinking:  Texas : Florida :: Chicago : NYC

Edited by Hmmm

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I added no qualifiers. Reread the bolded part of the post of mine you quoted. And attain some reading comprehension, you fucking child. 

This part:  "The only reasons the vaxxed people of NYC have for wearing masks is a) they’re retarded or b) they don’t want to get hassled."

Ok, good luck with that reasoning.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

In the cities where masks are mandated, they comply and wear them because they don’t want to get hassled!  Are you this dense?  What point are you making?  You think I’m trolling?

Up until a few weeks ago, I and others, wore them out of consideration.  Because we hadn't been vaxxed - cities are different.  And I comply with business mandates, out of consideration. I'm no Karen.  It's not about getting hassled in my experience, but some may feel that way.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This whole little argument / discussion was brought about in the Post Vaxxed Life thread. I have been vaxxed. Everyone I know has been vaxxed. Before I was vaxxed, I wore them out of consideration. After I was vaxxed until about 2 weeks ago,  I wore them because I wanted to comply with businesses - to not be hassled. I don’t even know what you’re arguing about but it seems like you want to fight. So let’s go motherfucker. 

I'm not looking to fight.  But, go ahead and do you.  I'm out.

I went to Spec's yesterday and had my mask in my pocket.  When the doors opened, I asked the closest Spec's employee if I had to wear a mask.  He said "no", so I didn't wear one.  Later I went to HEB and had my mask in my pocket.  I didn't wear it the whole time.  If an employee had asked me to wear one, I would have reached into my pocket and grabbed my mask to put it on.  I'll continue to do so mostly because I don't want to be the problem, but I don't see this lasting much longer.  I've got two concerts planned already, a comedy show, and a trip to Maine for a wedding.  I'm so fucking glad life is returning to normal.

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 1

At my office (I own the building), we switched to masks optional if vaccinated; mandatory if not vaxxed. Has been great not wearing masks, I’d say about 50% of people visiting the building still wear masks. 

Shopping today; went to Tractor Supply in Cedar Park, didn’t wear a mask, I was probably in the majority. Later, at Costco on Great Hills (NW Austin), I thought I had a mask in pocket but I didn’t, so I went in instead of going back to the truck for one.  I was in the minority not wearing one; I’d say about 95% were wearing masks there even though not required. 

Anyway, it was kinda strange, but I liked it.  My wife is calling me an anti masker now; and I just told her “I trust the science.” Although if I’m out with my kids I’ll still wear my mask - they have to since they are too young for the vaccine, so I’ll continue out of solidarity with them  

• Hook 'Em 4