2021 Houston Rockets Offseason Thread - May the Lottery Balls be in Your Favor

BigOrange1

17 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Give the Pistons the all the 2021 picks for the No. 1. Anything else is too high. 

Glad you're not the Rockets GM, Bill.

17 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So Gordon had value because... his contract is expiring? The guy hasn’t been able to shoot since leaving New Orleans. 

This is also blatantly wrong. You do realize he has a 50 point game as a Rocket? He was definitely overpaid and hurt more often than we would have liked, but had a significant role under the D'Antoni coached Rockets. It's time for him to move on as a veteran piece to a playoff contending team because he has no role on a rebuilding Rockets team.

Edited by UDontKnow

• 2 weeks later...

alright, it is officially draft week!

it appears that the rockets are going to take jalen green with the #2 pick.  while i prefer evan mobley, i do like that it sounds like green wants to be great and is willing to put in the work.  if green pans out and kpj continues to develop, that is an explosive backcourt for the next 10 years.

it's hard to know exactly what will be available with picks #23 and 24, but i'd prefer they swing for the fences on upside with those two picks in the hopes that they hit on one of them.  

as far as trades and free agency, it would be great if they could get gordon off the books this offseason.  obviously it'd be nice to get wall off the books as well, but that one is a much taller task.  if green is going to be the pick, the rockets don't need to be wasting backcourt minutes on wall AND gordon next season.  the good news is, get gordon off your books and then wall is the only bad contract left (and he's only on the books for 2 more seasons).  they have a team option on avery bradley which they have no reason to pickup.  i'd like them to bring back olynk (especially if they don't take mobley) on something like a 2 year, $40 million deal that lines up with the wall contract and is tradeable.

beyond that, excited to watch them in summer league.  i'd like to see kpj play and start getting some reps in with green.  they'll suck next season, but it'll be fun to watch a young team with a couple of real building blocks work to develop.  

Excited. Don’t want Mobley. Not a fan of the Bosh comparison. (Could be 100% wrong) as someone said early, you need a guy who can give you 40 to win at the highest level. This years final was a perfect example. A big like GA can give you 50. Ayton can give you 20/20, and Wood gives you the same things on a reasonable contract. 

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Excited. Don’t want Mobley. Not a fan of the Bosh comparison. (Could be 100% wrong) as someone said early, you need a guy who can give you 40 to win at the highest level. This years final was a perfect example. A big like GA can give you 50. Ayton can give you 20/20, and Wood gives you the same things on a reasonable contract. 

and Wood is not in any serious future plans for the Rockets.

14 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Disagree. I think they hope he will be healthy and have a monster first half next year…

By the time this team has the talent to compete again, Wood will not be on the team. I would trade him for Wiseman and #7 if the Warriors would be interested.

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

By the time this team has the talent to compete again, Wood will not be on the team. I would trade him for Wiseman and #7 if the Warriors would be interested.

Maybe he meant they hope he increases his value and they trade him mid season vs trade him now?

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

this guy might have a better version of it than me:

Indiana made a killing in this trade.

Happy we got Gordon off the books. Kai Jones is now in play.

I would be more inclined to move Wood now than before.

Edited by HtownHorn

beyond the top of the draft, the following are some guys i'd like to see still on the board at #23 and 24:

cameron thomas, tre man, trey murphy, jalen johnson, isaiah jackson, sharife cooper

would also like to trade house for a top half of the 2nd round pick.