I lost my mother this weekend.

Brisketexan

Sorry to hear about this BT.  Our stories are very similar especially our mother’s upbringing, Louisiana and lung cancer.

It is a very tough thing to go through, and when the family and friends leave, just think about all of the good things, and the fact that she is at peace.

I’m quite sure she felt safe with you there.

Peaceful thoughts for you guys.

Beautiful tribute to your Mom.  I have gotten to know you and your family over the years on these boards.  I have always admired your perspective, thoughtful words, faith, and family commitment.  

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Hook 'Em 1

She loved you, more than you will ever know. She is the biggest influence on your life. Dads are wonderful. But very seldom is a man blessed with a Mother such as you have. We have known each other for decades, you are one of the few people that talks as fondly of their Mother as I do, she was a great lady and God is lucky to add her to his Heavenly Kingdom. You will see her again one day, I know it in my heart, and I know to in my soul. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, and especially your Father. May this chapter in your life grow your faith, and your family's faith. Viva Romans VIII.

CHIEF

• Like 1

Chigow. Man, im in tears. Brought back lots of great memories. Lost mi madre 4 years ago. She was just like you describe of yours, a second mom to all my friends. She was a pistol and wouldnt hesitate to let anyone have it, verbal or physical.
Sorry for your loss amigo.
She sounded like a hoot to be around. God bless your family.
RIP Doña Brisket

Brisket that was a touching tribute to your mom. It was beautiful in the love I could tell you and everyone has for her and in turn her for everyone else. I lost my mom 3 years ago and I have very similar feelings.

It comforted me know she had lived a full and loving life and those around her were better for her being on this earth.

I say celebrate her time with y'all and only shed a year of joy for her life despite the sadness you feel. She sounds like one hell of a lady and a mother.

RIP Mama Brisket

Edited by Longhornstampede