2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

So not unprecedented then.

I said virtually. Quit being a cuntbag. Close to putting you on ignore. 

And none of those guys had 46. So now it is literally unprecedented. So why don't you shut the fuck up. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I said virtually. Quit being a cuntbag. Close to putting you on ignore. 

And none of those guys had 46. So now it is literally unprecedented. So why don't you shut the fuck up. 

Please do. We all know your basketball intellect is too much for us mere mortals.

Just now, Quagmire said:

He couldn’t be a bigger cunt if he was wearing a pussy costume

Harden is hard to cheer for.

Is he offensively gifted? Absolutely. When he's plugged in, his handle, vision and savviness are elite, maybe the league's best. He's a big, strong guy who can get it done, inside and out, while also dropping dimes and fouling out defenders.

But he's also terribly lazy. He makes virtually no effort on D. His man-up philosophy is "be big, stand in front of the guy, and hope he settles for a jumper." His help typically consists of a halfhearted swipe as the opponent blows by for a layup.

He came into the season overweight and out of shape. He also quit on his teammates and demanded a trade despite being under contract and being paid millions (not that some of y'all care about such things). His hamstring injury is most likely a direct result of his poor fitness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

KD with 49 on 23 shots...... That's fucking insane.  What a fucking performance.  An all-time one from the Slim Reaper.  It's not hyperbole to say we saw a little greatness tonight (and FTR, KD got his foil too in Giannis who had a very good game himself).  They need to win the series for it to be truly historic, but for the night... That'll do, Kevin, That'll do.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

As great as KD was tonight this is an inexcusable loss for Milwaukee. Harden is out there on one leg and they refuse to exploit him on defense. Too much iso ball. They don't double and take the ball out of Durant's hands. I'm as big of a Mike Bud fan as anyone, but this is on him. 

His lack of flexibility in game plan and philosophy has been pretty staggering to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They need to win the series for it to be truly historic

That might be true. But just from a numbers perspective it will be historic either way. He just slashed something that's never been done before. 

Green and Griffin were also excellent, so I won't say KD did it all himself, but that was as close to a one-man show as I've seen in a long time. Very Jordanesque, and I mean that in a good way.

Just absolutely ruthless and clinical ... on both ends of the court. Definitely a legacy-building moment.

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Top 5 KD performance… maybe top 3. And one of the best playoff performances ive seen in a minute

If we're talking playoffs it almost has to be #1. Trying to think what else is in the running. Game 3 Finals 2017. 50 in game 6 against the Clippers in 2019. It's a very short list.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Just absolutely ruthless and clinical ... on both ends of the court.

He played 48 mins and they were all hard. He busted his ass on D the entire night. Agree that it was Jordanesque. LeBronesque. It was something that maybe 5 guys in NBA history could have ever pulled off. 

And this isn't hyperbole. Some of you might think it is but it really isn't. My head is an encyclopedia of NBA stat lines and series averages and wins and I'm running through trying to think of comparable games. I've spent so many hours on basketball reference. There just aren't that many.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

And Bud is my guy from way back. I've known him since he was an intern for the spurs. It pains me to be critical of him because he's such a good dude, but cmon. 

I love me some Bud also and actually still think he could be hugely successful as an HC but I think his philosophy combined with this roster is a bad fit. I could see him having a lot of success with a team like Boston or LAC that has a dynamic scorer that can actually shoot the ball.

As great as KD was tonight this is an inexcusable loss for Milwaukee. Harden is out there on one leg and they refuse to exploit him on defense. Too much iso ball. They don't double and take the ball out of Durant's hands. I'm as big of a Mike Bud fan as anyone, but this is on him. 

They’re not gonna get much sleep tonight after squandering that lead and a terrible game from Harden. Brooklyn needs to close it out on 6 or else I think Milwaukee wins in 7.

Does Kyrie return this playoffs at all? Or does winning in 6 and hoping Atl/Phi go 7 increase his chances of playing in the next series?

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

...and giannis continues to be a complete fraud when it matters most.  

Eh, he had 34 and 12 on 65% shooting. He’s a center. They finally spent some time feeding him on the block and he did well. They need to quit pretending he’s Lebron

• Hook 'Em 3