2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The fact that AI still has money is honestly a miracle. That reebok contract was one of the best business moves from an NBAer ever. Up there with the guy that owns all the Wendy's.

Best business move in NBA history goes to the owners of the ABA teams that negotiated a cut of the NBA TV money in perpetuity in order to go away without causing a fuss.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Best business move in NBA history goes to the owners of the ABA teams that negotiated a cut of the NBA TV money in perpetuity in order to go away without causing a fuss.

Yeah but that was a bunch of white guys with a penchant for that - not the tornado of controversy and incredible basketball that was and is AI. 

A bunch of Nets fans were bragging about the atmosphere last night and I tune in to the 1st quarter of this Philly game and think: "oh right - this is what an actual deranged fanbase sounds like" 

Their tearing the roof off this joint right now. 

It's like talking up a crowd at a Michigan home game and then watching UGA/South Carolina. Bit different vibe. 

If the Nets get through - Harden gets a little healthier - and Embiid can stay healthy this will be the most compelling "final four" in a loooong time. Probably since 2012. So many legacies are going to be transformed by this title unlike *cough* last year.

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah but that was a bunch of white guys with a penchant for that - not the tornado of controversy and incredible basketball that was and is AI. 

backing up homer simpson GIF

I have never seen anything to indicate that AI wasn't a sharp dude. The controversy around the bowling alley fight is the only real controversy involved around AI. There was the practice press conference and his role in dress / appearance but not quite sure where you are going when suggesting that it's a "miracle" he made good financial decisions.

3 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

but not quite sure where you are going when suggesting that it's a "miracle" he made good financial decisions.

Google is your friend. I thought this was well documented. 

https://basketballforever.com/2020/07/02/allen-iverson-saved-reebok-going-broke

(I shouldn't have said "bunch of white guys" - that's difficult to interpret and a little too political. But it is well documented that AI had horrible financial habits)

Edited by ztejas

20 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trae playing some great defense tonight.

Just had a nice steal. (Two actually)

But yes he's a terrible defender. (And I'm not being sarcastic I'm agreeing with you)

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I don't know if they have been significantly higher or not - but I do know that injuries ruining playoff runs is not a new thing. It's happened a ton lately:

2013 - Westbrook torn meniscus on defending conference champions. I think Kobe tore his Achilles this year, too

2014 - this was actually pretty injury free but maybe there's one I'm forgetting.

2015 - Lol. Just a clusterfuck all around. Like all time bad to rival this year.

2016 - I think this one was a fairly healthy year, too?

2017 - Kawhi/Zaza incident the big one. Feel free to add others.

2018 - Curry misses first round - CP misses time in WCF. Maybe some others. 

2019 - Durant Achilles fiasco. Klay gets hurt too. LeBron hurt and misses playoffs. 

2020 - Woof. Another zinger up there with this year and 2015. No KD. No Curry. Heat decimated in the Finals. 

Maybe this year just feels different because there's bigger names involved? Not sure.

This is just Lebron "Look at me, I am the NBA" James trying to get attention because he got bitchslapped out of the playoffs.  Injuries happen and sometime works sucks.  Welcome to life Lebron.

I'm enjoying these playoffs with out his preening ass around.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

This is just Lebron "Look at me, I am the NBA" James trying to get attention because he got bitchslapped out of the playoffs.  Injuries happen and sometime works sucks.  Welcome to life Lebron.

I'm enjoying these playoffs with out his preening ass around.

Yeah. He's mad he can't sneak in another weak title this year. How the turntables. 

I wonder if Durant winning would help or hurt his legacy. On one hand, you get the "Maybe LeBron wasn't that special - just look at what KD is doing" on the other hand, LeBron gets to say "Look how good KD is - you wouldn't have stood a chance in 2017 or 2018 either. MJ didn't play against KD. And I beat KD in my first title!"

I'm pretty confident LeBron could find a way to spin it to somehow try and cement his own accomplishments. 

God damn Embiid....

Also this Simmons shit is embarassing. How is he literally the same player he was at LSU? What the fuck does he do in the off-season? Fuck bitches and count money? (NTTAWWT)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Was Simmons a great defensive player at LSU?

I don't know. Didn't he only play like 9 games? I'd assume he was.

In 4 years he has yet to equal his career-high mark in DWS and DBPM from his rookie season. 

I'm not a fan of using all-defense selections to rate defenders.

I was thinking of Kyrie - Simmons had 2 steals a game and 9 defensive boards a game in 33 games at LSU. I think it's safe to say he was already a good defender.

Edited by ztejas

If Trae worked more he could get a good look from 3. Taking a 35 footer is just silly. He needs to work those out of his game. 

Derka beat me to it.

He's still having another phenomenal game...

Edited by ztejas

38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

God damn Embiid....

Also this Simmons shit is embarassing. How is he literally the same player he was at LSU? What the fuck does he do in the off-season? Fuck bitches and count money? (NTTAWWT)

I was going to ask much the same thing about his offense. Does he look not to score? 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Philly gonna blow dis?

Rivers and Bud need to go fishing together. My God.

Even if Philly wins this - how the fuck do you expect this team to stop the Durant train? 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, Message Board User said:

Gotta trade Ben Simmons this offseason.  Not sure what they could get in return, but he has been absolutely useless at winning time in the playoffs for the past several seasons.  A net negative for the team.

Porzingis

• Haha 2