2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ztejas said:

Your boy is fucking unreal and still could have played better. 

This Hawks team has no business in the ECF. 

I like Trae but I'm not some crazy homer for OU players once they go pro.  I appreciate your analysis on him, he is better than most think.  But I'm commenting here mostly because of the absolutely insane choke job the 76ers just put on.  Incredible.  Definitely was literally laughing out loud for the last 10 minutes as it was apparent what was about to go down. 

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Porzingis

Luka and Ben Simmons is such a stupid idea it might actually work. 

I have no idea what to think. My entire perception of basketball has been shattered over the past 24 hours. We are living in a simulation. Joe Harris is going to score 40 points in game 6 and I will be committed to an insane asylum just repeating the phrase "HE PLAYED ALL 48 MINUTES".

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I like Trae but I'm not some crazy homer for OU players once they go pro.

I similarly don't hate OU guys that much at the pro level. 

But shit... I'd be claiming this guy if he was an alum of my alma mater. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Luka and Ben Simmons is such a stupid idea it might actually work. 

I have no idea what to think. My entire perception of basketball has been shattered over the past 24 hours. We are living in a simulation. Joe Harris is going to score 40 points in game 6 and I will be committed to an insane asylum just repeating the phrase "HE PLAYED ALL 48 MINUTES".

Ain't nobody trading Simmons for Porzingis.  Simmons is still an elite defender with some offensive value.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I may like college football more (a lot more) and even get more excited about the NFL but there's not a more entertaining product than NBA playoff basketball.  

I don't know. I think that's true some years. This year is feeling special. I thought last year's playoffs sucked (obviously there were extenuating circumstances I guess).

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Ain't nobody trading Simmons for Porzingis.  Simmons is still an elite defender with some offensive value.

Yes I'm aware. I assumed he was a Mavs fan trying to offload Porzingis and imagine Luka and Ben together. 

Just now, ztejas said:

I don't know. I think that's true some years. This year is feeling special. I thought last year's playoffs sucked (obviously there were extenuating circumstances I guess).

Bruh throw last year out - for everything.  Fuck 2020.  The athletes and skill at this level plus the feeling nothing is ever over.  I just love watching the NBA and I couldn't even tell you my favorite team - I guess I'll go OKC.  But i used to be a Mavs and Bulls die hard as well.  But I'll watch the shit out of just about any NBA playoff match up especially from conference semis in.  Best athletes in the world. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I may like college football more (a lot more) and even get more excited about the NFL but there's not a more entertaining product than NBA playoff basketball.  

NBA playoffs are completely unpredictable:   sometimes something totally wild happens, sometimes exactly what you think will happen actually does happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

NBA playoffs are completely unpredictable:   sometimes something totally wild happens, sometimes exactly what you think will happen actually does happen. 

That's true but it feels more unpredictable this year. More parity maybe. Last night was one of the craziest wins I've ever seen and then 24 hours later Philly completely implodes and the Hawks are up 3-2 in the Semis. 

I mean we went from the Nets being dead in the water to them being probably the title favorite again overnight. I can't recall a swing like that in my time watching. 

Edited by ztejas

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Got damn NBA, you crazy. 

This is The NBA Presented By Kevin Durant.

I like it better than LeBron and the Warriors Bring You: The NBA. Which I think jumped the shark around season 3.

This edition is almost as good as the critically acclaimed Michael Jordan Bends Your Team Over And Fucks Them.

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is The NBA Presented By Kevin Durant.

I like it better than LeBron and the Warriors Bring You: The NBA. Which I think jumped the shark around season 3.

This edition is almost as good as the critically acclaimed Michael Jordan Bends Your Team Over And Fucks Them.

Basketball has gotten me high before but I don't think I've ever reached your level. You've been on one for weeks. If this is all a natural high, I'm impressed. 🙂

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Meh. Not blaming him for that loss.

I mean, who is to blame? It's not like the Bucks game where you can point to Giannis settling for jumpers or Bud running bad offensive sets. There's no clear reason the 76ers lost this game... everything was going well for them, and then suddenly it wasn't. Embiid didn't score a single point in the last 7 minutes of the game and went 0/4, including 0/2 from the FT line.

Edited by satyanash

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I mean, who is to blame? It's not like the Bucks game where you can point to Giannis settling for jumpers or Bud running bad offensive sets. There's no clear reason the 76ers lost this game... everything was going well for them, and then suddenly it wasn't. Embiid didn't score a single point in the last 7 minutes of the game and went 0/4, including 0/2 from the FT line.

Embiid might have a fitness issue but his line tonight was still nuts. 

Harris went 2/11, Simmons went 4/14 from the stripe. I'd start there.

Embiid can be a top 5 guy and still have games like this. I'm not sure anyone but KD is really capable of carrying a team without a good amount of help right now.

Edited by ztejas