2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck Nash and Harden too. How do you waste a series like this? 

They were doomed once Kyrie got hurt. Nash does have a lot to learn though, a more competent coach would have probably found a way to win this series. I’ll give Harden a pass with his injury.

The bigger issue is going all in on the big 3 without a decent bench and a consistent long range shooter.

Just now, Stunns38 said:

They were doomed once Kyrie got hurt. Nash does have a lot to learn though, a more competent coach would have probably found a way to win this series. I’ll give Harden a pass with his injury.

The bigger issue is going all in on the big 3 without a decent bench and a consistent long range shooter.

wasn't harris supposed to be that?

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

Like Joe Harris? If he was any better Brooklyn wins this going away. But he put in one of the worst series I've ever seen from game 3 on. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Stunns38 said:

How do you get a decent bench with a big 3...? And they have a 40+% three point shooter in Joe Harris. He’s one of the most consistent shooters in the league before this series. The Nets lost because 2 of their 3 best players were hurt. Thems the breaks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

How do you get a decent bench with a big 3...? And they have a 40+% three point shooter in Joe Harris. He’s one of the most consistent shooters in the league before this series. The Nets lost because 2 of their 3 best players were hurt. Thems the breaks.

Miami and GS had decent benches with their big 3. That’s where a real GM comes into play. Harris was so unclutch. Maybe they can coax Ray Allen out of retirement, lulz.

Yeah, I mean he’s clearly massively hobbled. If this is the regular season that’s a 6 or 8 week injury. 
His whiny bitch ass should take better care of his body.

Besides if you really expected James to show up when it mattered, you didn't pay attention to his Rockets playoff struggles.a9b6922b05171bc2542336de9017cabb.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

Miami and GS had decent benches with their big 3. That’s where a real GM comes into play. Harris was so unclutch. Maybe they can coax Ray Allen out of retirement, lulz.

How did that bench work out for GSW when 2 of their 3 were out?

• Hook 'Em 1

At the end of the day it's the fucking Nets. I'm not sure this is even registering in top sports losses with me. Durant further established his legacy and then some.

Offseason will be interesting. Personally I wouldn't let Nash back in the building with Carlisle floating around. Their bench needs serious work. Who knows. Heat blew that 2011 Finals then rattled two off. They'll be back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I am not a fan of rigging games in favor of star players, but some bean counters in the league office are a bit nervous right now.

Better get Philly through. Hawks might get fucked by the refs tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Did Miami? And GS benefited a few times from contract/ salary cap anomalies. BKN has 3 dudes making big ass cash. And Harris is well compensated too. And the KD/Kyrie tax is apparently paying DeAndre Jordan.

Honestly that they have Blake, Shamet, Brown and Claxton is pretty fucking solid considering the above

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

He had a good reg season PRIOR to the end of the reg season and the playoffs. I guess I’m spoiled by Ray Allen and Robert Horry who were clutch, lulz.

He was bad in this playoff series but he was not bad during the regular season, even at the end, or in the first round.  Not sure where you are even getting that. Point being, super teams never can count on role players to replace their stars. That’s why they are role players.

Edited by hobbes2702

3 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

The bucks had the ball with six seconds left, not the Nets.

Pay attention.

So when you say they should have fouled, you mean that Milwaukee should have committed an offensive foul?

What in the fuck are you talking about.

The Bucks were up 2 with 8 seconds left and the ball out of bounds. Lopez boneheaded turnover happens. Then it's Nets ball with :06 left. Nets are in the bonus. KD hits *long* 2 and ties it up. At this point you chime in and say "I can see why bud is on the hot seat. They'd have won if they fouled there."

Which is among the dumbest commentary offered up in this thread. Pay attention.

Edited by TommyGufano

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

We have like 2/10 of the best players in the league left right now.  You’re probably right about that, although Trae is elevating his profile.

Either way I'm not sure I can stomach watching the Bucks in the ECF. Guess I'm pulling for Chris Paul. Yay.