2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

apparently jeff Green should have been taking Joe Harris' minutes.  

A lobotomized monkey could have seen that. But fuck it, year 2 with Nash! Maybe he'll only be somewhat clueless instead of completely clueless. His defenders earlier this year amused me. Not seeing many now. 

Maybe I'm too burnt right now but I just don't get it. Green saved them in game 5 going 7/8 from 3 and you give him 13 minutes tonight? To Harris' 47? The fuck is that? It's hard to waste one of the greatest individual playoffs series ever but they pulled it off tonight. 

Edited by ztejas

59 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

So when you say they should have fouled, you mean that Milwaukee should have committed an offensive foul?

What in the fuck are you talking about.

The Bucks were up 2 with 8 seconds left and the ball out of bounds. Lopez boneheaded turnover happens. Then it's Nets ball with :06 left. Nets are in the bonus. KD hits *long* 2 and ties it up. At this point you chime in and say "I can see why bud is on the hot seat. They'd have won if they fouled there."

Which is among the dumbest commentary offered up in this thread. Pay attention.

Buddy, I already spelled it out for you once but I'll do it again.

Bucs should have drove to the basket to pick up a foul when they inbounded with six seconds left.

Gone to the line and then made one or two of two.  
Game over if they make two.

Edited by ATXbronco

Just now, ATXbronco said:

Bucs should have drove to the basket to pick up a foul.

Gone to the line and then shot one or two of two.  

Thanks for showing up in the 4th quarter of game 7 of the ECSF to spell things out for us. I'm not sure how we got by the entire NBA season without you. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Thanks for showing up in the 4th quarter of game 7 of the ECSF to spell things out for us. I'm not sure how we got by the entire NBA season without you. 

I'm here to hold your hand through any other similar crisis you may experience in life.  

4 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I'm here to hold your hand through any other similar crisis you may experience in life.  

I want to hear more of your basketball takes before I'm willing to exchange pleasantries. I've had plenty of crises in my life but this ain't one. Just an intense game that irked me a little too much. Texas didn't lose a football game or anything. 

8 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Bucs should have drove to the basket to pick up a foul when they inbounded with six seconds left.

Gone to the line and then made one or two of two.  

I think I understand the source of confusion: 1.) You commented on what the Bucks should have done with 6 seconds left in the game. It was BKN's ball then. So I assumed you meant they should have fouled BKN. 2.) Nobody who has ever watched basketball more than 4x in their life has said a team should have "gone for a foul" to mean that a team should have attempted to draw a foul. 3.) Milwaukee sort of did "go for a foul" -- just Holiday got stripped, and really the refs weren't blowing this whistle there.

6 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I think I understand the source of confusion: 1.) You commented on what the Bucks should have done with 6 seconds left in the game. It was BKN's ball then. So I assumed you meant they should have fouled BKN. 2.) Nobody who has ever watched basketball more than 4x in their life has said a team should have "gone for a foul" to mean that a team should have attempted to draw a foul. 3.) Milwaukee sort of did "go for a foul" -- just Holiday got stripped, and really the refs weren't blowing this whistle there.

I'm not sure he even has the teams right. Milwaukee inbounded with 8 seconds to Lopez with 2 on the shot clock. Then Brooklyn inbounded with 6 left and Durant hit the bucket to go to OT.

This may be the first basketball game he's watched all year so I'll try and be forgiving.

Edited by ztejas

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

They'll be back. 

Define "back."

Will they make the playoffs next season?  Without a doubt.

But what are the chances all 3 of KD, Harden, and Kyrie (all of whom will be 30+ years old by April 2022) will be healthy and ready for the playoff grind next Spring?

70%?

50%?

30%?

Even with the loss, for the first time in well over a decade, you can't even make an argument that LeBron is the best player on the planet. It's KD by a decent margin.

Disagree. If you had to anchor your team today with LBJ or KD, it isn’t a clear choice.

In fact, as much as I dislike LBJ, I’d still pick him over KD. He’s not an offensive juggxrnaught like KD, but he makes those around him better. KD is the best talent in the NBA, but I’d still rather have LBJ because of his leadership and ability to get others involved. Then you can always layer on other considerations too like health - I’d much rather bet on LBJ’s health, despite his age, than KD. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going back to Utah for a minute... That series reminded me of the David Robinson era spurs losing the run tmc warriors in the playoffs in the early nineties. Nellie small balled them to death. Terry Cummings got played off the floor by Mario Elie and Larry Brown never went small to match them. Pop was an assistant on that team and ever since, he's never hesitated to pull his bigs. I guess Quinn Snyder had to learn his lesson the hard way. He should have just asked his father in law. 

Also, I think it was really inspiring for the Clippers to have Kawhi on the bench providing his leadership and support to his team. Oh wait... that goldbricking fuck stick was nowhere to be seen. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Going back to Utah for a minute... That series reminded me of the David Robinson era spurs losing the run tmc warriors in the playoffs in the early nineties. Nellie small balled them to death. Terry Cummings got played off the floor by Mario Elie and Larry Brown never went small to match them. Pop was an assistant on that team and ever since, he's never hesitated to pull his bigs. I guess Quinn Snyder had to learn his lesson the hard way. He should have just asked his father in law. 

Also, I think it was really inspiring for the Clippers to have Kawhi on the bench providing his leadership and support to his team. Oh wait... that goldbricking fuck stick was nowhere to be seen. 

true detective time GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Harden was 11 for 36 ~30.5% from the field in the series. 19% from 3 on 26 attempts.
Would have been better off with more minutes for Jeff Green or Chamet over an injured player.

I’d love to burn the Harden band wagon down, but hard to blame him this year. He was clearly injured and lost his legs. But he still added value. He was smart enough to facilitate and try to defend some. Had a very nice loose balls and steals.

What was more inexplicable was MIL not exploring him the last several games. It was crazy. Only a handful of times did Middleton get matched on him and basically punked him and blew past him. There were times where Giannis was one on one in the corner with Harden and was shooting a fade away. Completely idiotic. Likewise, there was more than once Harden started dribbling outside the three point line and MIL shifted to double team him. Horrible, horrible, horrible coaching and absolutely idiotic play from MIL.

As much as I wanted BKN to lose, a small part of me wanted MIL to lose because they clearly didn’t deserve to win.

• Hook 'Em 2

I will stop doubting the Clippers. 2 series in a row, they were down 0-2 and looked pretty subpar. And they flipped it to another gear that Dallas and Utah could not match. And the 2nd series being without Kawhi the last 2 games.Both times Utah had big leads and then the Clippers straight up punked them. And exposed Gobert. PG really stepped up in Kawhi's absence. I think they can beat the Suns in 7. 

• Like 1

Teams would be falling over themselves to sign Rajon Rondo to more than a 1 year deal if throwing it to the right guy in the halfcourt and getting a couple steals was very valuable imo.
If you shoot like shit you better be a goat at everything else to not be a drag on the team.

Look, fair enough. Just not convinced Jeff Green was going to change the result - or anyone that BKN could go to. I think it’s important to give KD a break off ball handling and facilitating. He really shines when he has a Curry or Harden sharing in the ball handling and helps keep the gas tank full. Hence, I think I’m making the same decision as Nash in that instance. Taking my best worst option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esque said:

I’d love to burn the Harden band wagon down, but hard to blame him this year. He was clearly injured and lost his legs. But he still added value. He was smart enough to facilitate and try to defend some. Had a very nice loose balls and steals.

What was more inexplicable was MIL not exploring him the last several games. It was crazy. Only a handful of times did Middleton get matched on him and basically punked him and blew past him. There were times where Giannis was one on one in the corner with Harden and was shooting a fade away. Completely idiotic. Likewise, there was more than once Harden started dribbling outside the three point line and MIL shifted to double team him. Horrible, horrible, horrible coaching and absolutely idiotic play from MIL.

As much as I wanted BKN to lose, a small part of me wanted MIL to lose because they clearly didn’t deserve to win.

It was inexplicable that they weren't hunting him on every play, making him defend screen and rolls or making him fight through picks or God forbid just attacking the fuck out of him at the perimeter and making him move his feet while running backwards. Half the time he was baby sitting Lopez in corner. Wtf bud? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1