2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Never at any point did I think we were winning that game last night. Booker was absolutely cooking – felt like he was never gonna miss. Him picking up his fifth was arguably the most critical play of the game. He was okay when he came back in but I think he went 2/4 with a couple of crucial misses down the stretch, and that doesn't happen if he stays on the floor. Giannis' defense in the final three minutes was as good as you'll ever see – that iconic block and (I think) two steals, including what was essentially the clincher when he poked the ball away from Chris Paul.

Glad we finally got a close game for the neutrals, and that we have a series on our hands.

Here's a better angle of that crazy block:

that song is both amazing and terrible. the first half is of it is amazing; when Kanye starts rapping it may as well be pooptity scoop.

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Seems many NBA fans in a dream scenario would like 5 superstars on one team in the West and 5 superstars on one team in the East and only the NBA Finals matters.

My dream scenario would be every team having like 1.5 All-stars and every round of the playoffs is hopefully interesting. When like 3+ superstars are on a team and they just roll through their conference with little drama I don't find it too captivating. 

the nba has never been that way. it's always been about super teams. 

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Repped because that's a decent jab. 

But... here's the thing. In 2016 OKC lost to GS in 7 - that was one of the worst series losses I've ever been through. I mean yes I'm a Spurs fan but I was pretty torn for awhile between us and Durant's Thunder. That WCF loss was existential for me. Worst 5 sports losses I've ever been through. The Nets going out to MIL this year doesn't crack the top 20.

But, guess what... I hung on every moment of the 2016 Finals. Because it was one of the greatest basketball series I've ever seen. I never complained about the quality of ball being played in that series. 

This is not that. I don't get why some of you find that so difficult to understand or accept. The quality of basketball and superstars in this series just feels very meh compared to what we've been treated to the past decade.

So fuck me for feeling that way but it's true. Giannis is the only top 10 player in the Finals. Both of these teams are here because other teams suffered injuries. And the games are predictably just kind of listless and disjointed. 

But, that's just me. I'm sure the American basketball-watching populace is eating this series up with a spoon. (Except they aren't - guess who's still watching though)

Honestly, this sounds a lot like all the complaining that used to happen every time the Spurs made the finals.

And while both these teams are here *only* because other teams suffered injuries, Phoenix had the second best record in the league this year. If they played a full 82 game schedule, they were on pace for a 57 or 58 win season. With as deep as the west is, that's a solid fucking mark. I really think that team is a lot better than they are getting credit for. CP3 can still bring it. Booker is a stud who is only 24.  And they've got three young guys in Bridges, Ayton and Cam Johnson, along with solid role guys like Crowder and Saric and even Payne. That's a really good and deep squad. They aren't going away after this year, regardless of what happens in this series or to Chris Paul. I wouldn't be shocked if they won this series in 6, got to hear all off season about how their title was bullshit (like the Warriors first title), and then went on a tear next year. 

On the other side, Milwaukee has (I think) the best record in the league over the past three years and sports a two time MVP. These teams aren't as bad as you're making them out to be. Other than the first three games being blowouts, which isn't necessarily out of the ordinary for a finals, I can't find much to complain about.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Honestly, this sounds a lot like all the complaining that used to happen every time the Spurs made the finals.

And while both these teams are here *only* because other teams suffered injuries, Phoenix had the second best record in the league this year. If they played a full 82 game schedule, they were on pace for a 57 or 58 win season. With as deep as the west is, that's a solid fucking mark. I really think that team is a lot better than they are getting credit for. CP3 can still bring it. Booker is a stud who is only 24.  And they've got three young guys in Bridges, Ayton and Cam Johnson, along with solid role guys like Crowder and Saric and even Payne. That's a really good and deep squad. They aren't going away after this year, regardless of what happens in this series or to Chris Paul. I wouldn't be shocked if they won this series in 6, got to hear all off season about how their title was bullshit (like the Warriors first title), and then went on a tear next year. 

On the other side, Milwaukee has (I think) the best record in the league over the past three years and sports a two time MVP. These teams aren't as bad as you're making them out to be. Other than the first three games being blowouts, which isn't necessarily out of the ordinary for a finals, I can't find much to complain about.

Making way too much sense here.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the nba has never been that way. it's always been about super teams. 

Yep. Never said it wasn't. Many people expected the Suns and Bucks to lose in the 1st round. 

Good fortune benefited them but I find both of their playoff runs a lot more awesome than go to sleep for rounds 1-3 then wake up when its NBA Finals time. And the Phoenix/Milwaukee fans haven't seen success really ever so I like that as well. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

its funny.  when it is 2 teams I don't care about(like or hate) I tune out the announcers.

Wish some dumb team like the 76er's, Timberwolves or Charlotte would hire these two jokers (MJackson, Van Gundy) as coaches, just so they would no longer be NBA announcers...  😋

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Wish some dumb team like the 76er's, Timberwolves or Charlotte would hire these two jokers (MJackson, Van Gundy) as coaches, just so they would no longer be NBA announcers...  😋

ha. nobody is hiring these guys ever.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

CP3's legacy on the line.

Getting outplayed by Holiday big time so far.

Only place CP3 is showing up so far tonight is in State Farm commercials...

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1