2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Younger, I always like the Suns because of their loud colors, especially on the court. And I enjoyed watching the mid 2000s to late 2000s Suns teams with Amare, Nash and Marion. Dallas had a lot of classic battles with them, especially in the playoffs when both were forces in the West. 
But I can not root for this Suns team because of CP3. I get him overcoming a lot of obstacles and never joining a super team (although he was supposed to join Kobe/Lakers). I actually enjoyed that 2008 Hornets team. But as his career went on, he became a bitch and dirty. I don't give a damn about Milwaukee either way but just to see CP3 choke on the big stage when they coasted to the Finals because of serious injuries to every team in the West would be satisfying for me. This would be an enormous choke job. They got a free pass to the Finals and then go up 2-0. A backdoor sweep would be fucking sweet but I want to see a game 7 as a neutral fan. 
So yeah, fuck CP3 to sum up all that.

I can see that. CP3 is in the DWade/Lebron bitchass club. So I have no problem seeing him lose. Phoenix as a whole and also Milwaukee don’t win many championships. Diamondbacks back with Unit and Schilling in 2001 and GB like 12 years ago.

As long as it’s not Green Bay, I don’t mind the bucks or brew crew winning it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Couple things here:
Lmao at that woman not even be able to watch. She knows that would seal the game. 
That kid with the mask pulled down below his nose looks to be in tears
Can Lebron's pants be any tighter? 

At least lebron is watching the game. People on their phone in the final seconds of a close nba finals game news should’ve just bought nose bleeds if they cared about video content than taking it all in
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Couple things here:

Lmao at that woman not even be able to watch. She knows that would seal the game. 

That kid with the mask pulled down below his nose looks to be in tears

Can Lebron's pants be any tighter? 

Is that woman reapplying her lipstick? If so, that's classic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, d2o said:

Definitely noticed it live.   Just thankful that Giannis is tall enough and jumped high enough to grab the rim to slow and control himself and land on his feet.

The oop was a little late though cause Jrue really didn't want to throw it but he saw CP3 was there with Giannis.   If Giannis misses the dunk he has to make those FTs which is doubtful the way he was shooting last night so I get the beat of hesitation.

I don't think it was hesitation. He ran the break the way you're supposed to. Keep ball until defense commits. He kept CP3 in limbo until he was out of position to make a play on the pass. He then three a perfectly placed pass. Watch the slow mo in catdaddyhorn's post. Jrue is looking for someone filling a lane almost immediately.  Once he sees Giannis his eyes go right to the rim, size it up, then briefly tries to look CP off before throwing the dime.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Llogg said:

I don't think it was hesitation. He ran the break the way you're supposed to. Keep ball until defense commits. He kept CP3 in limbo until he was out of position to make a play on the pass. He then three a perfectly placed pass. Watch the slow mo in catdaddyhorn's post. Jrue is looking for someone filling a lane almost immediately.  Once he sees Giannis his eyes go right to the rim, size it up, then briefly tries to look CP off before throwing the dime.

I can see that angle but if he was running the break I dont think he would have been pulling back to the three point line.   He didnt really push hard at all.  It looked like his first instinct, knowing they were up with the ball, was to hold and not force a 1 on 1 break.   Then he saw Giannis streaking.    CP was never going to jump high enough to stop an oop so looking him off wasn't exactly necessary.  His pulling up like he was going to run offense did more to get CP to step up.   Regardless.  great decision and a play that we will see for many yrs in Finals promos.

A month ago Giannis was seen as a regular season gimmick/choker and probably still would be seen that way by casual fan if Eric Bledsoe was still on the team or the Nets superteam had 3 hall of famers to throw at him.

Now I regularly see social media asking if he's on the path to being the GOAT big man.

Fans are funny.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Wtf is nba reasoning behind these 2 day layoffs between games.  Are they hoping people forget about the games?  

Dragging shit out to get the NFL preseason.
A month ago Giannis was seen as a regular season gimmick/choker and probably still would be seen that way by casual fan if Eric Bledsoe was still on the team or the Nets superteam had 3 hall of famers to throw at him.
Now I regularly see social media asking if he's on the path to being the GOAT big man.
Fans are funny.

GOAT, nope. But I do owe him an apology. I thought he was a 2 trick pony feasting on shitty teams. Turns out he is a skinny Shaq. He’s a class 3 diesel and that’s more than enough for this NBA.

Still he should neva, eva, eva shoot a 3 unless it’s halftime/end of game.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Would have to look up the exact Shaq finals numbers on the Lakers 3 peat. Something around 32 points and 15 rebounds. Just a freak of nature.

Feel like fans that throw Kobe in the top 5 all-time don't give enough credit to Shaq.

image.thumb.png.321dc6f4af90bd4c4441d928b3983190.png

image.thumb.png.769dfcc952d71b268c702472b5e9f9a6.png

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Fans are funny.

That sounds like talking heads making up shit to talk about.   Everyone wants to be the first person to say something so they run out to ridiculous conclusions.    In theory, yes Giannis could be on that path but there is a whole helluva lot that would need to happen for him to even be in that discussion.   Starting with them winning tonight.   This series is not done yet.   He would still need 2-3 more MVPs, 4-5 more titles after finishing this one and 10-12 more yrs of top level play.   In other words, he's not even REMOTELY close yet so any discussion is silly.

4 hours ago, d2o said:

That sounds like talking heads making up shit to talk about.   Everyone wants to be the first person to say something so they run out to ridiculous conclusions.    In theory, yes Giannis could be on that path but there is a whole helluva lot that would need to happen for him to even be in that discussion.   Starting with them winning tonight.   This series is not done yet.   He would still need 2-3 more MVPs, 4-5 more titles after finishing this one and 10-12 more yrs of top level play.   In other words, he's not even REMOTELY close yet so any discussion is silly.

Rings are so team dependent. Not saying they are irrelevant but context is important. Michael Jordan needed Scottie Pippen, a top 50 NBA player of all-time. Lebron had Wade/Bosh then Kyrie then AD. 

No offense to Middleton and Holiday but they are not top 50 players of all-time.

1 hour ago, speed817 said:

Scott Foster is the crew chief for tonight's game for any of you bettors out there 😏

Same guy that had more calls to Tim Donaghy than Donaghy had to his bookies placing bets on games. And Donaghy talked to his bookie 4-5x a week. 

Foster knows where the bodies are buried. 

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Rings are so team dependent. Not saying they are irrelevant but context is important. Michael Jordan needed Scottie Pippen, a top 50 NBA player of all-time. Lebron had Wade/Bosh then Kyrie then AD. 

No offense to Middleton and Holiday but they are not top 50 players of all-time.

Same guy that had more calls to Tim Donaghy than Donaghy had to his bookies placing bets on games. And Donaghy talked to his bookie 4-5x a week. 

Foster knows where the bodies are buried. 

Of course rings are dependent on teams but no one is putting Karl Malone or KG in the GOAT list.    No one without multiple titles (really 3+) is going to be in consideration.   Is what it is.   

The closest exception would be Wilt with his two.  He's only kinda in that discussion cause he did unbelievable shit that may never be matched.     Giannis is great.     I've said many times here he is one of my favorite guys to watch in the league but he is not setting unbreakable all time records or doing mythical things.

I agree 100%... for now.  If that group wins 3-4 more titles, then people will start talking about them in that light.  Rings change perception in a hurry.

Put Scottie Pippin on another team and he would never have gotten a ring and would be seen as a much different player.

51 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I agree 100%... for now.  If that group wins 3-4 more titles, then people will start talking about them in that light.  Rings change perception in a hurry.

Put Scottie Pippin on another team and he would never have gotten a ring and would be seen as a much different player.

Don't see Giannis winning more than three rings total in Milwaukee and even that will be really tough. Many elite teams will have 2-3 hall of famers and Holiday/Middleton are fringe all-stars. Even in this playoff run Holiday and Middleton go hot and cold. 

Some guys like Dirk's one ring is more impressive than guys who have 3+ rings imo. Dirk went through Kobe, beat OKC with young KD / Westbrook / Harden then took down a team with Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Teaming up with three other hall of famers to win a ring is a mickey mouse ring in my book.

7 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Budenholzer always looks like he gambled on a fart and lost. 

I always say he looks like ate a bad piece of fish. 

Milwaukee needs to move the fucking ball. Way too much iso. Phoenix started getting more pick and roll involved in q2 and that's how their offense started clicking. Seems like whoever moves more on offense is going to win. Also, it wouldn't hurt the Bucks if Middleton or Holiday would knock down a shot.