2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Look, two things can be true. LeBron is obviously overselling it. Draymond is also probably intentionally hitting him in the face there. Whether it's a flagrant or not, whatever.

That’s the most objective statement I’ve ever seen you make regarding any game involving the Lakers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sbbruin said:

That’s the most objective statement I’ve ever seen you make regarding any game involving the Lakers.

Yes well unfortunately I have too much money riding on them.

I also don't like the Warriors. At all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Fuck the Warriors. That team wasn't doing shit in the playoffs anyway. At least I knew LA was winning this one (although GS made me nervous enough to cost me a few bucks) and have come to terms with LeBron doing LeBron shit. 

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

First time I've ever felt bad for Steph. Dude absolutely balled out this season.

Hats off to LBJ for that Curry-like 30-footer.

I mean they can still snag the 8 seed. But Utah probably beats them in 5. 

LAL's defense was terrific, especially the guards staying glued to Steph and the bigs coming up to get the ball out of his hands. Dude was on fire and only found the slightest of airspace to get off 9 threes. 

Not to mention forcing a combined 12 turnovers from Curry and Green.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

And does anybody believe that?

He wouldn’t  be so unlikeable if he didn’t try to make himself look better Always!  Rather then  posting his own stats and how good he is not stop, things like saying this, flopping, ect let your game speak for itself.  If you have to try that hard then you know you aren’t MJ, but you try to justify why you are non stop.

Edited by Hook1997

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

And does anybody believe that?

I once stupidly defended his cramping theatrics is the great air conditioning crisis of 2014, so those people are out there. Such a heroic shot after Draymond tried to decapitate him!

Dude just made an epic, game-winning shot in Steph's fucking eyeball, and he still has to dress it up.

21 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I once stupidly defended his cramping theatrics is the great air conditioning crisis of 2014, so those people are out there. Such a heroic shot after Draymond tried to decapitate him!

Dude just made an epic, game-winning shot in Steph's fucking eyeball, and he still has to dress it up.

Well said.

30 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He and Durant are both such weirdos for being the 2 greatest players of a generation of basketball. Just alarming insecurity at times from both of them. 

Steph is the only one of them that seems like just kind of a cool dude and he's still kind of annoying at times with the on-court preening. 

I mean Magic and Bird were both so fucking cool on and off the court. MJ was just the biggest baddest motherfucker ever even though he was a total asshole. Shaq was always funny and pretty cool even though he wasn't without his own drama. Timmy never caused a fuss. Even Kobe - who was easy to hate for various reasons - was way fucking cooler than Bron or KD. 

Maybe it's just a social media/era thing or maybe I'm just cherrypicking. Bill Walton was a weirdo I guess. The early 2000s featured a lot of criminally insane players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

I like how they say "they HAVE to keep LeBron under 30 minutes tonight" to set up some stupid talking point about how incredible he is when he winds up playing 38 minutes in a close win. 

Damn. I was 3 mins off. To ESPN's credit I haven't seen them play it up yet.

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

He and Durant are both such weirdos for being the 2 greatest players of a generation of basketball. Just alarming insecurity at times from both of them. 

Steph is the only one of them that seems like just kind of a cool dude and he's still kind of annoying at times with the on-court preening. 

I mean Magic and Bird were both so fucking cool on and off the court. MJ was just the biggest baddest motherfucker ever even though he was a total asshole. Shaq was always funny and pretty cool even though he wasn't without his own drama. Timmy never caused a fuss. Even Kobe - who was easy to hate for various reasons - was way fucking cooler than Bron or KD. 

Maybe it's just a social media/era thing or maybe I'm just cherrypicking. Bill Walton was a weirdo I guess. The early 2000s featured a lot of criminally insane players. 

It's this. Hindsight being 20/20 all these guys were assholes if you talk to people on the ground level. Shaq probably would be the only one. Jordan was an asshole of epic proportions when you just scrape under the surface. In just about every way possible. To everybody.

Jordan was an asshole but he was also cool af. His whole persona was cool. LeBron’s persona is crybaby.

Many of the biggest stars in the NBA right now aren’t that likable. LeBron = crybaby, Durant = snake, Kyrie = flat earther, Kawhi = Judas, Giannis = foreign, AD = boring, Harden = annoying, PG3 = playoff P, Westbrook = stat chaser, CP3 = asshole, Gobert = pandemic starter

IMO, the coolest guys in the NBA are Dame, Tatum, Curry, Luka, Zion. Maybe throw Jimmy Butler in there too. Klay when he’s healthy.

6 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Jordan was an asshole but he was also cool af. His whole persona was cool. LeBron’s persona is crybaby.

Many of the biggest stars in the NBA right now aren’t that likable. LeBron = crybaby, Durant = snake, Kyrie = flat earther, Kawhi = Judas, Giannis = foreign, AD = boring, Harden = annoying, PG3 = playoff P, Westbrook = stat chaser, CP3 = asshole, Gobert = pandemic starter

IMO, the coolest guys in the NBA are Dame, Tatum, Curry, Luka, Zion. Maybe throw Jimmy Butler in there too. Klay when he’s healthy.

I have come to appreciate Jimmy Butler over the last few years, but that motherfucker is crazy.  99% of the time he channels the crazy in a positive way, but if you asked me which current NBA star is most likely to stab a teammate, my answer would be Butler.

So Giannis isn't likable because he's foreign? Yet you name Luka, who is also foreign and also whines constantly.