Was That Wrong? Miami Influencer Spent COVID Loan on Bragging

Doc Reeves

Facing 20 yrs.

Link

Influencers often complain the creating new content every day is way difficult than what one perceives. But it certainly is easier than planning a $100,000 fraud in allegedly obtaining a pandemic relief loan to fund a lavish life. Displaying all types of wrong influences is a Miami, Florida Instagram influencer Danielle Miller who is accused of using the personal information of a Massachusetts resident to fraudulently obtain a federal loan. The influencer in question accessed an Abington resident’s online Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles records and used the personal identifying information to open a bank account in that person’s name. This was followed by applying for a COVID-19 relief loan with the fraudulent credentials. Once she received a $102,000 loan meant to help small businesses during the pandemic. As expected the fun began right away with her using the money for a private flight from Florida to California, and a stay at the luxury hotel Petit Ermitage.

The influencer goes by the name “killadmilla,”on Instagram and has more than 34,000 followers. On further investigation it was found that the Instagram influencer’s attempt at fraud went further than just $100,000. Miller applied for over $900,000 other business loans, using the information of other residents in Massachusetts.

“The charge of wire fraud provides for a sentence of up to 20 years in prison, up to three years of supervised release and a fine of up to $250,000,” the US Attorney’s office noted of the Miami Instagram influencer’s alleged fraud. Is this the result of pressure created in the name of content creation? 

“The charge of wire fraud provides for a sentence of up to 20 years in prison, up to three years of supervised release and a fine of up to $250,000,” the US Attorney’s office noted of the Miami Instagram influencer’s alleged fraud. Is this the result of pressure created in the name of content creation? 

F58D3B03-0A24-461A-BE68-7CD8099478CF.jpeg

32527146-04CD-419B-BF3B-19CAD3A8A636.jpeg

81F3C349-627B-4E44-98B0-1A8FB08D0378.jpeg

Edited by Doc Reeves

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I am almost as ragey about the shitful grammar and writing in that article as I am about the cunt influencer.  

Beat me to it. Just atrocious. Then I realized the author is in Mumbai and most likely regurgitating DOJ press releases as best she can in English as a second language.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/20/2021 at 5:27 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Are you really an influencer with only 34,000 followers? There's probably bot accounts with more than that. 

https://harpers.org/archive/2021/06/tiktok-house-collab-house-the-anxiety-of-influencers/

According to a poll released in 2019, some 54 percent of Americans between the ages of thirteen and thirty-eight would, if given the chance, become a social-media influencer. A whopping 23 percent believed that this term already fit them. Once the purview of heiresses like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian, it seems that influencing has become fully democratized, making a Jay Gatsby out of every intrepid Jimmy Gatz. Or as one collab-house press liaison puts it to me: “It’s the new A-list celebrity except it’s attainable for anybody. You can be in Cleveland, Ohio, alone in your bedroom, and you can get a million followers overnight. That’s fucking crazy. That’s never been possible. Wealth, fame, status has never been more attainable for anyone in the history of the world the way it is right now.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

That strikes me as nuts that 23% of people in that age group considered themselves influencers. How low of a bar must these people be setting?   With regards to the number mentioned above 34k, I dont think I would consider that to be an influencer.  But how many people even have 34k, 1%?  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

That’s what I was thinking. Pretty low amount to consider yourself one.

Yep.  Have a friend who has a retro tech YouTube channel and can get 200,000+ views for a video within a week of putting it up (sometimes within a few days depending on topic).  But he's got over a million subscribers, and it took him a long ass time and a lot of work to reach that point.

When I see these people with a few tens of thousands of followers....fuck, I've got a hobbyist website and the twitter account for it has a 20,000+ followers, and it's niche as hell.  It's not hard to get people to hit the LIKE SHARE SUBSCRIBE buttons.

• Hook 'Em 1

She's a woman.  And will get off with a much lighter sentence than a man would for that fraud.
For immutable characteristics, sex is the biggest factor in sentencing disparity, not race.  And it is not close.

Gender and attractiveness.